Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread II)

A group of 'Unlikely Heroes.'
Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread II)

Post by JadedDM »

Four hours later, the party is rested and refreshed and able to continue on. Locky and Jerrard can replenish their spells, if they choose.

After washing his face in the water, Shay starts readying his gear. "Is everyone ready to move on?" he asks.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Re: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread II)

Post by Breila »

"Yes, ready to tackle the tasks of the day." Babushka answers and goes on. "During our watch, Jerrard and I have discussed what to do with the bodies. We thought it a good idea to throw them down the second waterfall, so we can keep this here as base camp, now all the easier to defend because of your trap, Locky" she bows to the kender.

"And if we keep this as base camp, I'd like to leave my bedroll and staff here, they're a hindrance when climbing. Jerrard, yesterday you mentioned possibly being able to conceal our gear?"
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky wakes up and splashes in the water for a few moments, getting Jerrard wet in the process.

"I do hope my trap works, I think it will, if I find anything else I will try to make it better"

She looks down at the bodies, full of interest, "They are making an interesting smell arent they?" She giggles. "Oh, and I think we could hide our things somewhere near the ladder, if I do this.." She moves some of the plant out of the way, making a hole, then hides it with the remainder of the plant. "I like that, but bring the staff, I think it would be useful to have it, just like my hoopak, you can poke things, and put it in the water to see how deep it is.... " She rambles for a while, stashing Babs items.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard frowns when he gets wet, yet Shay does notice him smiling ever so slightly, like he is forcing the frown.
"Yes, Locky's plan with the items should work, I could make them invisible, yet I think that would alter our effectiveness, I would prefer not to waste the spell."

(Casts Armor on himself once more)

"As discussed we should dispose of these, and delve deeper, taking each tunnel in turn. Keep your staff Babushka, it has a multitude of uses, as Locky says." He proceeds to pick up a Podman and slowly stagger to the waterfall.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka calls out: "Jerrard, wait, let me go first, it would be too bad if a new patrol came by and surprised you!"

Leaving her backpack and staff with Locky, she rushes past Jerrard to take the lead, readying her sling on the run.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I'll stay here then shall I?" Locky takes the staff and pack, dropping them almost as quickly (her first reaction was to check what was in there, but something inside her told her to stop).

She sits by the River, her little legs hanging over the bank, splashing in the water, Hoopak ready.

(occ: I assume Shay will take another body and follow, leaving a Kender on her own!! lol)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

In the tunnel, Babushka deactivates Locky's trap, so that the men can pass safely with their loads.

(ooc: I thought Shay asked about everyone being ready after they were all dressed, so Babushka is wearing her day clothes)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Right then," Shay says. He grabs one of the corpses by its ankles and drags it along behind him.

While Locky stays behind with the other two corpses, the others head to the second waterfall. However, upon arriving, they discover that the waterfall has gone back to its original position and now covers the root ladder leading downward. Either the mechanism reset itself or somebody deliberately switched it back to its default setting.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Since the idea was to throw the corpses down, that's not really a problem. However, Babushka asks the two men:

"Should I try if the key Locky found in the chest in the upper pool works on this lock?"
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Struggling with the body Jerrard looks at Babushka strangely. "Key? What Key? Did she actually find something interesting and she gave it up?" He laughs incredulously, "Really? Please use it then."

(ooc: there have been some comments regarding Jerrards treatment of Locky, he has issues with Kender, now might be good chance to ask)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka takes the key out of her jacket pocket and tries it.

When Jerrard is relieved of his burden and they go back, she asks him:
"Jerrard, I've noticed you treat Locky and me very differently, even though we're both little women, and you've just met us. Why is that?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Sure enough, the key fits perfectly and when turned, the waterfall is again diverted to reveal the root ladder leading downward.

Shay tosses the corpse he dragged along down there, then dusts his hands. "Well, she's...she's a kender," he says, as if that was all the answer Babushka would need.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard washes his hand down with the water, then concentrates as his hands become clean.

"Well, yes, Locky is a Kender, her sex is not important, but who she is, I." He stops, almost as if he doesn't want to speak. "Most Kender are trouble, they cause Chaos, dis-chord. The last time I worked with Kender I barely escaped with my life."

Jerrard shrugs, checking his weapon. "We should head back, before she destroys the place. He frowns at himself, "Ok, I admit it, she isn't all bad."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I see. Well, I've never worked with Kender before, and only rarely have them as customers, so I see Locky just as Locky and not as one of her race.

Yes, let's go back quickly, and then ask her to be your lookout as you put the other two bodies here. Like that,she can do less mischief."

She winks at the two men and hurries back to Locky.

"Hey Locky, your turn to watch out for live podmen as we take the dead ones away!"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Really? Well it was getting rather dull, I was about to go for a swim.. I wonder.. She eyes the waterfall with interest then shakes her head. "Shall we? She waits.

Borderlands 3 - Navi