Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread II)

A group of 'Unlikely Heroes.'
Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread II)

Post by Jenara »

Locky glares at Jerrard a second, then perks up, thinking of the unexplored cavern.
"Ok, I'll take a look down here." She rather cheerfully grabs Bab by the arm and leads her down the tunnel. For some reason she starts to look for traps. (FRT 51%)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I have seen no evidence of Goblins, or Kobolds, only these Pod Creatures, I suspect it used to be, and now is the home of some plant... I'm almost tempted to send the Kender down there... " He laughs, quite a mirthless laugh.

"Hmmm"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka shakes her head inwardly, this party isn't organized the way she would do it. She would have to be more explicit, people weren't reading between the lines of her words. At least now Jerrard was more discreet now with Locky - but sent both of them away from the action!

Taking Shay's words as a prompt, she gestures to Locky to stop and calls back to the men: "Well, if you want to know if something might be gnomes' work, you shouldn't send the gnome away! Especially since she can see in the dark about as far as you can with that lantern! Should I come back?"

(ooc: Babushka had examined the stone face and tunnel:
Breila wrote: Babushka examines the stone face and the tunnel wall on either side closely, with her eyes only. She also peers into the tunnel as far as her infravision allows.
What does she know? Do I need to state explicitely what I'm looking for, e.g, the possible creators?
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky looks at Babushka silently, a curious look on her face, finally she speaks. "We're going back there, and we are going to look in that hole, forget the big ones, you go first, I have a dagger, lets find out what it is."

She turns, and heads back to the stone mouth.

"Excuse me, we are looking in here, as Babushka said if you have a job for a Gnome send one in!" She is quite forceful, "After you Babushka, you know that is quite lovely name, I have never met a Babushka before...." (etc)

(ooc: is this better?)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Locky does not find any evidence of traps in the area.

Shay merely shrugs at Babushka's statement. He had never mentioned gnomes, only goblins and kobolds.

Babs can't really tell much about the stone face's origin. The construction is nothing fancy and lacks any particularly artistic worth. Whoever built it was likely a primitive people with little knowledge of stonework.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard looks shocked, gives Shay an odd look and then he steps back.

"Very well, examine away, I believe we should wait here to offer assistance." He produces a rope from his pack, "Would it be wise to tie this to at least one of you, so we can retrieve you if things go wrong?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Good idea, do tie ropes on us, thank you. And I was going to push my backpack through first anyway, it's a little hard to clamber over a shoulder-high ledge with that weight on my back. I thought to test if the "mouth" was set to crush anything heavy that tries to pass through it, but you've done that already with your head and lantern."

Babushka smiles at the men as they tie her and Locky to the ropes, pushes her backpack through the mouth and listens (does it fall furhter down than expected, or does it spring a trap?), then jumps up onto the ledge and sits on it, looking right and left with her hand at the dagger hilt in her boot, if the coast is clear, she glides down and makes room for Locky.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

If Bab manages to get inside ok Locky smiles, passes her Hoopak to Shay, spins her many pouches around so they sit on her back and clambers inside with the Gnome. "Isn't this exciting?" She smiles as she checks there is a dagger in her belt (might not be hers, but there is one in there!).

She then proceeds to slide down after the Gnome with a quiet "Weeeeeeeee."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The two ladies meet no resistance as they travel down the tunnel. It would be quite cramped for Shay or Jerrard, but they don't even need to duck down any.

Following a narrow and winding tunnel, they come into a small chamber with no other visible exits or entrances. The walls of this chamber are lightly crusted with small patches of a strange blue-green lichen. Once they get closer, they feel any object on them made of metal start to quiver slightly. Locky's dagger, for instance, feels like some invisible force is very softly pulling it away from her. The force isn't strong enough to snatch it from her, but she does feel it tugging.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky smiles, playing with the force so it makes the dagger rest in her hand, she gives a little giggle and looks to Bab. "I wonder what this is? Shall I take some? It might be interesting..."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka makes sure her dagger is still securely in its sheath in her boot, then says to Locky: "This stuff is very interesting indeed, but it might be dangerous. And we won't need it while we explore the caverns. Let's go back and tell Jerrard about it, he seems to know a lot about plants. Before we leave the caverns for good, we can come back here and get some."

As they return (wether Locky took some of the fungus anyway or not), Babushka looks more closely at the tunnel walls. Are they natural or artificial?

When they reach the men, she tells them: "This is a dead end. There's a chamber at the end you should look at before we leave the caverns, Jerrard. Once again, it contains a modified kind of plant. This one attracts metal. But for now, I think we should continue along the stream."

(ooc: I have to leave for the weekend again, an uncle is celebrating his 80th birthday, no internet available. Babushka will continue exploring with the others, her sling ready to fight, and while walking, check if the tunnels are still natural and tell the others about changes.)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"As long as you promise." Locky smiles, starts to take some then wisely changes her mind, instead she follows Bab out of the Tunnel.

(ooc: Off all weekend, so nothing from me till monday I doubt, and I'm training lots over the next few weeks... Jerrard also returns on Monday.)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Babushka notes that the cavern itself seems to be natural. This suggests that the stone mouth was carved later on, although how that must have worked out is not apparent.

"Attracts metal?" inquires Shay. "This place just gets more and more random as we go."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"You should see it! My dagger was balanced in my hand and it kept wanting to fly to the wall." She goes to jump back in the hole, "I could get some! Its a pretty colour too..." Without pausing she turns and slides back, the party obviously thinking she has gone to get some of the moss.

She searches the wall with the moss for any sign of a hidden door, taking at least a few minutes to do so.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Unfortunately, despite a thorough search, Locky finds no evidence of secret or concealed doors within the chamber.