Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread II)

A group of 'Unlikely Heroes.'
Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread II)

Post by Breila »

Babushka smiles up at him. "Well, saving lives is part of a ranger's duties, isn't it? And besides, whoever is doing this", she gestures to the caverns at large, "upsets the rules of nature. We have to stop him - or her, or them. And we need you for that. So you see, after all, I was only selfish." She winks and grins at him. "But thanks for the thanks, anyway."

Smiling, and happy about the appreciation, she washes up, checks that Locky's trap is set, then settles besides Jerrrard and his spellbooks, in a position so that she can watch the plant ladder.

When Jerrard looks up between spells, she says: "When we get back to the village, I'll patch up our clothes. Too bad I haven't brought neelde and yarn with me, it would keep me usefully busy."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Mending is not an issue." The Mage looks up quietly from his spellbook, and utters a few words. The tears in Babushaka's clothing suddenly pull themselves together. But a minor trick." He smiles and returns to his book.

Bab can tell he occasionally clutches his chest, the pain causing him to stop what he is doing, silently cough and return to his book.

"Locky surprised me today." He says after what seems like ages, his eyes on the sleeping Kender, "I reacted to save our lives, and she performed admirably. I think she may be unique amongst her people." He turns his attention to the Gnome, his hand in his beard. "And you my dear, your actions to day were very brave. I believe we need to re-think our combat strategy, we were very lucky today.

He returns his attention to the Spellbook, clutching his chest tightly.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky washes up brazenly, ensuring her hair is clean she whistles as she washes her clothes and changes, slipping into her bedroll she shifts on the hard floor before quietly whispering "Good night everyone, today was so much fun!"

She moves in her sleep, shifting constantly, she occasionally makes a little noise.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka looks at her mended clothes and gives a short laugh. "As good as new!" she exclaims. "I'm so used to pathched clothes, in fact it's nearly all made of patches because that's all what comes out of my father's textile "machines"." she grimaces. "Thanks for mending it. I hate coming into a town with torn clothing."

Babushka looks at Jerrard with concern when he coughs, but says nothing. None of her ointments or herbs could help.

"Yes, Locky is a fine person" she agrees. "I've never met other kender before, so I don't know how typical or atypical she is. But I like her. She does her job well, and she listens, so we can keep her from carelessly leading us into danger." She casts an affectionate look to Locky.

When Jerrard compliments her, she simply nods her head, looking down, not really knowing what to say.

"And you're right, when we've all slept, whe should discuss strategy. We know far too little about each other's abilities, and we shouldn't stumble into combat as we've done now."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Four hours pass, and thankfully, nothing disturbs them during this time. Jerrard and Babushka wake up their companions, who take over the watch so they can get some rest themselves.

Nothing happens during the second watch, either, although by the end, Shay almost wished something had. The only thing worst than fighting for one's life against unnatural abominations is being stuck in a room with a bored kender for four hours.

===========================

Everyone regains 1 HP. XP is as follows:

Locky - 546 XP
Shay - 161 XP
Jerrard - 436 XP
Babushka - 346 XP

(Funny, there is no XP rating for the Mad Trees in the module. Guess they wanted me to figure it out on my own. So I did. :p)