Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Prelude - Carith

"A mighty gem of azure hue, shall cause the dead to pay their due.
So place silver 'pon their eyes, lest the dead, again shall rise."

-Children's Nursery Rhyme, Year 83, Age of Darkness

Moderator: Ismaels-Legacy

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Prelude - Carith

Post by Jenara »

She shrugs, flashing a little skin, seeing no reaction, she covers up "The credit would be acceptable."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

The shopkeeper quirks an eyebrow as she readjusts her wardrobe. He purses his lips and walks behind a small counter top. "Please allow me to write up the Mark for you. Feel free to browse a bit while you wait."
"as long as you don't talk about one anchor fellating someone."-TSD
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Very well." Flashing the broken teeth once more, she turns her back to the man.

Was she that scary? She didnt think about it normally, why bother, people either lived, died or became the undead. All that mattered was the hunt, and those brief moments of pleasure from the closeness of another being.

Sex was a powerful tool, it got you things otherwise denied, had her repulation as a domeneering and selfish lover finally overtaken her?

She checks the shelves for anything useful, including a bag to place her meager possesions within.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

There are actually a wide variety of bags available for purchase, though all look to have been mended in some way. There are smaller silk pouches (with multi-colored silk patches), Canvass duffels the bottoms restitched or entirely replaced), and some roughly woven hemp shoulder bags. The hemp bags don't look to be in disrepair, just rather uncomfortable to carry for long periods of time.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

She picks out a small duffle, silk isn't her, hemp was too... Taking it to the counter she waits for his return.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

He smiles and says "That should complete your transaction then?" He hands you over a small sheaf of papers. In the event that you cannot read, there is a small doodle on the top right of each note: several show a loaf of bread, some a bag of grain, and the remaining a bottle with three "X"s on them. The bundle of papers is bound with a short leather cord and sealed with a wax seal of mixed colors and textures. It seems his supply of wax has run a bit short recently.....
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Nodding, Carith places the bag on the table.

"And this." She doesn't wait for his response, placing it over her shoulder in a swift motion.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

"Ah, miss, I did see your interest in that. It is factored into your tab, though consider it a discounted gift from me to you. I see many travelers and mercenaries in my time, and you've the look of a survivor. I know that you will return to collect the remainder of your pay so I feel comfortable in treating you well in hopes of gaining a returning customer!" He smiles an overplayed smile and hands you the notes of credit.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Carith, gives him a fake smile, showing her broken teeth.. She throws the bag over her shoulder. "That is acceptable." She looks at him strangely, "I survive because I must, the caravans must make it through."

Taking the note she shoves it in her belt, no one would steal from her, no one would be that stupid. She would get provisions in the morning, she ate this morning, her body had adjusted to one meal a day. Food was scarce, you got what you could.

Tonight, well there would be someone looking for something to take away the pain.. If she got something nice, and a few drinks, so what? Besides it was always warmer with another body.. Who it was didn't matter. She never saw them again. But that didn't matter.

She smiles once more, and leaves the shop to return to the tavern.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

Sauntering down the street, you notice a sign for a tavern called the Broken Moon. Now THAT sounds promising! As you enter, the bouncer points to a series of pegs on the wall. There's an array of swordbelts and scabbards hanging there as well as a series of polearms. "You gotta leave the heavy stuff at the door. He says, uncrossing his arms enough to hike a thumb towards the pegs. He's a massive man, with heavily layers muscles beneath a layer of fat that probably comes from the ale he gets while working. He's bald with a short, scraggly beard and he wears a sleeveless leather jerkin and dirty linsey-woolsey trousers. The rest of the room seems to be watching you to see if you offer any resistance. Frankly, they all look like they're ready to assist the bouncer if you do....
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

The warrior looks him up and down, not fair fight, she'd beat him plus a few of the regulars, still, she'd loose.. She still had the cuts from the last time, and being able to sit down was always good.

"Then my axe will be in fine Company, if it goes missing, I'll find who took it, then personally see the sharp end is placed somewhere uncomfortable..." She unslings the weapon from her back, making it clear to everyone the weapon is hers.

(ooc: would the credit note she just got cover something to eat, etc?)

Striding to the bar, cloak, undone, showing as much flesh as she can she places a hand down. "Ale.." she pauses, "Please" She says through gritted teeth.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

[OOC: Signing over notes of credit to bars is quite acceptable! I figure in situations like this it would become rather frequently done!]

The bouncer acts like he's going to roll his eyes at your remark, but thinks better of it. Sure, he hears comments like that from every patron that walks through the door, but he rarely hears it from a woman. He looks at your attire and reconsiders his actions and just shrugs instead.

The Bartender, slides a wooden tankard to you with a barely hidden smile. "t'ain't often I hear THAT word around these parts!"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Agreed, a little used word, still we all have some spark of humanity left." She picks up the drink, drinking hard and fast. "What's new? And keep em coming, I'm sure we can come to some arrangement." She winks.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

"Nay, I just serve the drinks here, but if it's an arrangement you're seeking, just wait an hour or so. There will be plenty of interest in you, and more than a few drinks purchased on your behalf as well!" The bartender chuckles to himself as he continues his rounds.

He's right, though, in less than an hour there's several men at the bar and, after a few drinks of their own, they are sending tankards you way; with their compliments of course!
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

She takes the drinks with a ready smile, nodding in appreciation, she isn't picky, after all one man (or woman) is as good at the next, she drinks everything offered, after all she hasn't met a man who could best her yet.

Borderlands 3 - Navi