Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread I)

A group of 'Unlikely Heroes.'
Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread)

Post by Jenara »

Locky jumps up, she has indeed given Jerrard no rest, talking incessantley. However she is strangely prepared for the creatures, her hoopak ready she shouts loud enough for the others to hear...

"Pod things! Oooo" She lets off two bullets from her sling, (Roll 1d20 & 1d8 x2 = 16, 8 & 19, 6). Then she ducks behind the better fighters.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Listening to Locky Ramble Jerrard was glad he hadn't used any spells as yet, his minor tricks would take no time to recover.

Drawing his short bow he lets off two arrows before the creatures advance too close (Roll 1d20 & 1d8 x2 = 3, 5 & 20, 7 Seeing the Kender react he simply says, "Behind me little one"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Right away, Locky uses her hoopak to sling a stone at the first podman. It smashes right into the creatures' face, stunning it. Before it could regain its composure, the plucky kender fired off another bullet, this one cracking open the creature's skull like a melon. It slipped in its own gore and collapsed to the ground, twitching slightly.

The Red Robed Wizard drew back his bow and fired an arrow, which flew over the second creature's shoulder. Not about to be outdone by a kender, the mage took aim again and this time concentrated. Letting loose the arrow, he watched it fly straight and true, piercing the creature's head. The point of the arrow burst out from the other side. Staggering, the creature fell to the ground.

Shay jumped up with a start, blinking and looking around wildly at Locky's shrill shout. Realizing they were under attack, he quickly tossed two daggers at the third creature. Both struck, but this one was a little more persistent and kept coming.

==============================
Locky causes a total of 14 damage and kills Podman 01.
Jerrard scores a critical hit for 12 damage and kills Podman 02.
Shay attacks (1d20): 11. Damage (1d4): 4. Second attack (1d20): 13. Damage (1d4): 2.

(Just Babs left to go, then its the Podmens' turn!)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Cursing under her breath, Babushka scrambles out of her bedroll. No time to put on boots. Barefooted, in shirt and underpants (think queen Victoria's unspeakables), she grabs her staff and runs next to the men, ready to fight. (Ranged weapons would have risked hurting her comrades).

(ooc: how I would like to be able to draw well! That gnome would be a worthy subject!)
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

If the two remaining Podmen are the least bit fazed by the fact that half of their numbers have all ready been cut down, they do not show it.

The third podman makes an awkward lunge for Locky, but the nimble kender hops out of the way. However, Jerrard is not so quick. The fourth podman strikes a punch against Jerrard's chin, then its lumpy fingers grasp into his shoulder tightly, like a steel vice. It refuses to let go.

======================

Podman 03 attacks Locky (1d20): 7. Misses.
Podman 04 attacks Jerrard (1d20): 18. Damage (1d6): 6.

Round 2! The party may act.

(Also note, that Jerrard suffers a -4 penalty to hit as long as the Podman hangs on to him.)
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard shouts in pain and drops his bow, bolts of magical energy shoot from his fingers (Casts Magic Missile Roll 2d4= 3 & 3)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky standing behind Jerrard, jumps out striking the creature with the pointy end of her Hoopak, (Thaco 16, 1d6+2 Dmg Roll 11 & 8)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

As Locky turns to help Jerrard, Babushka attacks podman 03 with her staff so he can't attack Locky's back.

1d20=10, 1d6=5, THAC0 17
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Chanting in the spidery language of the arcane, Jerrard unleashes a pair of energy bolts. The bolts unerringly strike the podman that is holding him, blasting into his chest with the force of crossbow bolts. Jerrard feels the creature's iron grip lax and then release as the podman stumbles backward and falls to the floor.

Seeing that Jerrard has freed himself, Locky instead turns her attack toward the remaining creature. She jabs it in the gut with the sharp end of her hoopak, but it ignores the stomach contents spilling from its wound and continues fighting.

Finally, despite being in her smallclothes, Babushka delievers a good solid strike against the remaining podman with her staff, cracking its neck. It, too, tumbles to the ground.

Not wasting a moment, Shay retrieves his daggers and checks down the tunnel to see if anymore are coming. He returns a moment later, shaking his head. "Looks like that was it. Must have been a patrol or something," he reasons.

==============================
Jerrard casts Magic Missiles for 8 damage and kills Podman 03.
Locky strikes with her hoopak for 8 damage against Podman 04.
Babushka hits with her staff for 5 damage and kills Podman 04.

(OOC: Jerrard, Magic Missiles actually do 1d4+1 damage each, so I added the extra two points into your damage total.)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Those things are horrible! Now our camp smells!"

She stands close to Jerrard and places her hand on his shoulder, Casts Cure Light Wounds = 7 Hp

"This place is not safe.. interesting, but not safe..." She looks almost serious.

Spells:
Bonus (1 Day): Bless, Cure light wounds
1st Level: Cure Light wounds 0, Detect Evil 1, Protection from Evil 1.
2nd Level, Hold Person 1, Silence 15' Radius 1.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard frowns, and nods "I hate to agree but Locky is right, this place is dangerous, we can kill those things when we are ready for them, they arent too tough, but I need to rest, to recover my spells, Locky does more importantly I fear."

He looks to Bab and Shay, "Could you take watch and allow Locky to rest, just for a few hours?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Shay sighs. "I feel like I barely got any rest at all," he says, rubbing a stiff shoulder. "All right, we'll switch up. You and Locky can take the second watch, Babushka and I can take the first. Sound good?" he asks.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Babushka may watch with me, please, resume your rest" With that he ushers shay back to his bed roll and forces the Kender to be quiet.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka says: "Well, I'm tired, too, but such is life. Let Shay and Locky sleep, hope their sleep will last longer than mine. But let me dress, underwear is a bit cold on a watch like this".

She puts on trousers, jacket and boots, but leaves the shoulder cape. She brushes her hair and plaits it down her back. From her backpack, she takes the vial with her ointment against bruises and moves over to Jerrard.

"Jerrard, I've seen that your body is full of bruises. This here won't heal them als Locky's powers can, but eases some of the pain and makes them heal a little more quickly. Would you like me to use it on your back? I guess you can keep watch all the same and I'll lay my sling and staff ready so we can react quickly if another patrol comes."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

He looks at the Gnome curiously, "My scars are old, marks of rash young man." He smiles "I was wounded in combat, defending Palanthas."

Shrugging off his cloak he smiles.. "No salve can heal these... Although, I guess you can try."