Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread I)

A group of 'Unlikely Heroes.'
Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread)

Post by Jenara »

"Actually, I do feel a little peckish, perhaps we should Rest." She looks around, "But not here, not with this smell, it would put me off my food."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard sizes up the options in his mind "This is a breeding chamber, hence someone would come back here." He looks worried, sword still in his hand.

"Food would not go unwelcome, and I believe Last watch is steadly approaching... I suggest we move back, out of this cave and maintain a watch at all times. Are we all in agreement?"

(occ: Last Watch: 8pm, he's underground so he cant be sure... see: Dragonlance Times. )
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"As I said before, I think the best place for a longer rest is the cavern with the waterfall and the plant ladder, because it has only one easy access and can be guarded by just one of us. And now that we know the way, it's not too far either. We could call it base camp, maybe leave things there tomorrow that we don't absolutely need, especially if our mage can protect them in some way." Babushka looks around to see if the others agree.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Agreed, we should return there, as for hiding the gear, i shall see what i can do."

He sheaves his sword, and draws his bow. "Lead on Ladies"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky

"Do we get to go through the waterfall again? Because that was fun" Stepping forwards to the cave she swings her hoopak with her movements, smiling she hums to herself and walks towards the spot Brellia mentioned.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

With Locky leading the way, the group of four backtracked the way they came, back up the root ladder and to the large chamber with the first waterfall and the (now deceased) hanging snagwort. Fortunately, they don't run into any of those creatures along the way.

"Well, at least we can wash up if we want," Shay comments, referencing the pool of water beneath the waterfall.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky attempts to remove more of the snagwort off her Hoopak before prodding the river bed, if its ok (ie nothing moves and the bed is shallow enough) she'll strip off most of her clothes and step in the water, washing her body as best she can.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The pool isn't too deep and there doesn't seem to be anything living in it. The water is rather cold, though, and quite bracing.

Shay, upon seeing the suddenly naked female kender, quickly turns away and decides to thoroughly investigate the stone wall with great intensity, muttering something under his breath.

While bathing, Locky stubs her toe on something at the bottom of the pool. Fishing around, she discovers a small casket of wood, about six inches across. The little casket has an elaborate wooden latch and is closed tight.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I wonder what this is?" Locky mumbles to herself, totally unaware of the embarrasment she is causing.
She prods the box lightly with her Hoopak, before reaching down to grasp the box. Bouncing out of the pool she places the box on the ground and examines the box and its latch.

(Roll 35 Find Traps, 10 Open Locks)

If she can't open it she'll place it with her stuff and proceed to dress.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Seeing Locky undress and Shay's reaction to it, Babushka smilingly decides to join Locky, as to keep the man's embarrassment as short as possible.

When both women are dressed again, she says loudly: "Thank you, gentlemen, for letting us bathe first. Your turn now, we'll keep watch over the tunnel and ladder, not looking at you."

If the men proceed to bathe, Babushka walks over to Locky. "I'm as interested as you are by that casket, but we should make sure none of the creatures surprise us. You watch the plant ladder, I watch the tunnel." She moves to the tunnel entrance, her sling ready, seeing into the tunnel with infravision and listening hard to know what is going on, also with her companions behind her.

hear noise 1d100=86
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Locky cannot find any traps on the box, and it doesn't seem locked. So she quickly unlatches it, her curiosity getting the better of her. Inside the box there is a simple wooden key, but nothing more.

Shay smirks to Babushka. "Thanks, although we won't blame you if you do take a peak," he says, bragging a bit. As far as he's concerned, gnome and kender men couldn't possibly be as...well-endowed as himself, what with being so short and all. They look like children, at least to him, so they must be built that way, right?

Removing his clothes, he wades into the pool. "D-Damn! That's cold!" On second thought, perhaps he won't appear too impressive to the women after all.

Babushka cannot hear anything down the tunnel. It seems the party's presence has, at least so far, remained undetected. One can only wonder how long their luck will hold out, however.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard smiles at Shays reaction to Locky stripping, he sits with his back to the Pool, concentrating on his spell book. He turns around occasionally, watching the Locky and Bab frolic in the water, pretending not to smile, but he does never the less.

When the ladies are finished he does not join Shay, instead he collects some water, heats it and washes quietly. Anyone looking would notice his body is covered in wounds.

"I suggest we camp, Myself and Locky, guard first, and then Bab a Shay, 4 hour shifts." He dresses quickly.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky distracted by the Box does not notice Shay, i she did she'd be curious but not overly so. Placing the box in her pouches she takes the Key to Bab, normally she'd throw it away, useless as it was, but something tells her to pass it to the Gnome. "Would you like this?" She asks offering her the key.

When she is finished she sits down, cross legged, hoopak in the ground and watches the plant ladder.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

As she walks over to the tunnel entrance, Babushka casts a smiling sideways glance to Shay. Strange that the guys always think bigger is better. Has it never occurred to them that the girls might be frightened to get hurt?

When Locky passes her the key, she's surprised. "Oh, thank you. Do you think this might be the key that directs the waterfall over the ladder and away? It might be useful then for me to carry it, then we are two who can operate that system." She examines the key.

When Jerrard suggests the watches, she agrees: "Two watch shifts is fine with me. I'll eat then and go to bed. Wake me up when it is time". She prepares her bedroll and sits on it while eating. Is there a dry corner that wold be protected from ranged weapons from the top of the waterfall? That would be her place to camp, while the "watch site" of course needs a clear view of both the plant ladder and the tunnel entrance.

During their watch, she'll quietly ask Shay: "I saw that you have more than two daggers. I can fight with two daggers in a melee, but my second dagger broke recently. It was gnome-made with things that should improve it, but apparently they only weakened it. I hope I'll be able to afford a dwarven-made soon."

If Shay agrees and gives her a dagger, she'll use part of their watch for exercises to get used to the new weapon.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

While Shay and Babs tried to get some rest, Locky and Jerrard stayed up to keep watch for four hours. No doubt the Wizard of Lunitari found it quite difficult to get any studying done while Locky talked both of his ears off.

(I'll roll for random encounters now. There's supposed to be a roll for every half-hour. Harsh.)

(Results)

Only an hour had passed before a group of four podmen arrived from deeper in the caves. Likely they were on some kind of patrol and perhaps found the tampered pods. Or maybe their arrival was just blind coincidence. In any case, the four creatures immediately attacked. Luckily, they were slow enough in movement for Locky and Jerrard to wake up everyone first (if they choose so).

(As the party set a watch, I'll just let them win initiative automatically this round. So the party goes first.)