Moderator: JadedDM

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: OOC Chat

Post by Jenara »

Point taken.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

No, I actually intend for him to not be a 'thieving' thief. though I may throw some remove traps in there later.
As for his personality, he has those ' no remorse for the weak ' thing going on.
The reason he doesn't like priests is because he doesn't like the gods and he doesn't like people who constantly rely on others (such as a priest relying on a god) he values strength above all else, including mental strength, therefore will actually harbor some respect for mages.(They atleast weave the energies themselves) It will be interesting with locky being a kender , because he has never heard of them and will assume that she's just a kid. (this may also be the case with the other small races as well)
I don't blow minds, I blast brains.
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

Oh,and piercing.I hope you don't mind this information to be divided into small posts, as I'm doing this from my phone.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

I'm trying to think of other stuff about Dragonlance I need to tell you, Xelphyn. I told you about kender and the lack of Orcs and Drow.

Let's see...oh, gold is worthless on this world. It has even less value than copper. Instead of gold coins, they use steel coins. It doesn't really make sense if you think about it too much, so just go with it. :lol:

There are 21 gods on the world of Krynn. Seven good, seven evil, and seven neutral.

Perhaps the two most defining events of this world were the Cataclysm and the War of the Lance. The Cataclysm was 375 years ago, and started when mortals became too proud and started demanding things from the gods. The gods responded by throwing a mountain-sized meteor at the world, and then vanishing (and taking all of their magical healing and clerics with them). (You can see a map of the main continent, Ansalon, here. Note the massive crater in the northeast where a great empire once stood.)

Thus the world entered a post-Apocalyptic era of chaos, anarchy, disease and despair. Over time, many people (especially the shorter lived humans) forgot the gods and started making up new ones to replace them.

And then one goddess, an evil one, returned to the world and started building up a massive army of goblins, ogres and evil men. There were also draconians, a strange race of dragonmen that nobody had ever encountered before. They were strong, smart and even in death could harm their enemies.

So the gods of good chose a group of heroes that could help fight back, unite the bickering races of good (elves, dwarves, kender, humans, etc.) and stop the army of darkness. In doing so, they brought magical healing back to the world. This became known as the War of the Lance, as it reintroduced the titular Dragonlances, among other things. (These are the events playing out right now in the Dragonlance Chronicles game, in fact). Naturally, the forces of good won the war. That was 25 years ago. Since then, gods and mortals have reconciled. True clerics have appeared again.

So your character actually has even more incentive to dislike the gods.

Hmm, that's all I can think of at the moment.
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

Yes, I meant meant wrestling.
In his adolescence he had a rebellious phase and left the clan for a while, doing some traveling. It was during this time that he obtained his loathing of the gods.
So many people blamed the gods for any misfortune that befell them and thanked them for even the things they accomplished on their own.
After seeing so much weakness in the outside world, he returned to the clan,the comfort, however, was short lived as his travels opened his eyes to another kind of weakness: fear.
"You seclude yourselves and hide from that which you should face unflinchingly! How could you possibly consider yourselves better than they?"
These were the last words he spoke to his clan before leaving them once more, this time for good...
And that's where we meet .
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Sounds good.

When your character sheet is ready, just PM or email it to me for approval.

And remember it needs to include the following:
Character's name, race, gender, class (kit, if any), age, alignment, height and weight.
Ability scores (modified for race and age, if necessary)
Weapon and nonweapon proficiencies, as well as languages, chosen.
Spells chosen, if applicable.
Equipment and money, and where you keep all of it
Appearance, personality, motivation, and history

And if you have any further questions, just ask.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

xelphyn wrote:As for his personality, he has those ' no remorse for the weak ' thing going on.
The reason he doesn't like priests is because he doesn't like the gods and he doesn't like people who constantly rely on others (such as a priest relying on a god) he values strength above all else, including mental strength, therefore will actually harbor some respect for mages.(They atleast weave the energies themselves) It will be interesting with locky being a kender , because he has never heard of them and will assume that she's just a kid. (this may also be the case with the other small races as well)
HAHAHA!

This will be funny, as Locky is silly, pretty weak and irrelevant most of the time, she is no warrior, no brainbox...

He'll love Jerrard tho, the Mage will be just his sort of thing.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

Just gotta figure out his motivations... Its easy to figure out what he wants to do, its finding a reason for him to be involved with the rest of the group that I'll have trouble with.
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

Yeah, but so long as he believes she's a child untill she shows some sort of worth( even being simply agile or prestadigitatious will be enough) he won't be terribly cruel (considering the company she's in, this would probably be more beneficial to him than to her.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Good point. For the most part, the current party doesn't really have any goals or motivations, either. Imani wants to get stronger to free her son. The rest...well, they're just in it for the adventure, I think.

Although if your character is looking to become strong and learn more about the outside world, the party is a pretty good fit. They travel quite a bit (having gone from Abanansinia to Blode to Khur and now Silvanesti). So by traveling with them, he can see the world (or the main continent, rather) and beat stuff up--as the party has a tendency to jump from the frying pan and into the fire, when it comes to danger (case in point; they escape the harsh deserts of Khur by fleeing to a dark forest cursed by a nightmare :lol:).
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky is along for the fun, Jerrard once wanted to further his magic power, now he is sort of a Knight in shining armor (lol)...

Borderlands 3 - Navi
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

Hmm he must use some sort of polishing spell. :D
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Cantrip, a polishing cantrip.. :P

And Armor does not have to mean Plate Armor..
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

Oh I understand completely, this will be my first character
ever with no access to magic.
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

Okay, I've got everything but my alignment figured out(I think I'll play this guy a bit and let jaded decide what it is) I'll send the pm when I get home.