Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Borderlands II - Second Edition AD&D PBMB

Post here if you are a DM looking for players or a player hoping to find a game to join.
Forum rules
Please stay on topic at all times. Also, please use proper topic titles to help keep these forums organized. *Use gaming style, gaming type etc in titles* IE: Looking for players in a 3.5e D&D campaign.
Stik
Baronet
Baronet
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Borderlands II - Second Edition AD&D PBMB

Post by Stik »

Now recruiting players for Borderlands II a Second Edition AD&D Play By Message Board game right here at PADnD.com.

Borderlands II is a gritty "low-fantasy" game in which the line between right and wrong may occasionally blur, set in a non-canon Greyhawk-based world.

We are now recruiting 3 players minimum, 6 players maximum.

Characters will start play at third level.

Character generation starts now. Play starts on or about August 16, 2010.

If you are interested, PM me here.
Stik
"No matter where you go, there you are."
BryantTheSwordsman
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Borderlands II - Second Edition AD&D PBMB

Post by BryantTheSwordsman »

Thats very lucky because my last day of camp is August 15th
SNORT, IM A DRAGON, SNORT
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Yeah, I planned it that way. For you. 'Cause I knew.
Wizard_of_Wumbo
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Wizard_of_Wumbo »

aww stik, thats so nice of you, thanks for using your psychic powers to make online D&D work around our schedules instead of catching criminals or something :D
indeed...<br>
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

I was just devastated when I heard about this game and then realized it started several months ago. I really should pay closer attention.

Hey, if you still need a mage (or anything, really) for your group, let me know. I have tons of free time and lots of experience with 2E. I've been running my own chat-game for years now, but it's nice to be able to be a regular player now and again.
biggbrad
Peasant
Peasant

Post by biggbrad »

are there still any available spots in this game?
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

PMs sent to JadedDM and bigbrad.
psi

Post by psi »

i want to join.
can i still join?
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Sorry, psi. We're full up.
This was supposed to be a six-person game. We've got seven already.

But stay tuned, in case someone drops out.
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Bump
We've had a few dropouts in Borderlands, so I am looking for two or three new players.
The ideal candidate is an adult with experience in 2nd edition and PBMB games, who likes to role-play and has the ability to put together a coherent sentence.

Borderlands II is a 2nd Edition AD&D game set in a non-canon Greyhawk-based world. New PCs will start at 3rd level (2nd level for multiclassed). The game is intentionally gritty and down-to-earth (think more Black Company and less Lord of the Rings).
The focus so far has been more on character than on combat, but that may be changing soon.

The two players who dropped out were playing a fighter and a thief. I may keep the fighter around as an NPC. The remaining party breakdown is as follows:
2 clerics
1 fighter
1 thief
Ideally, I'd be looking for a couple of fighters, or one fighter and one multiclassed fighter/mage.

This is a slow-paced game. Ideally I'd like everyone to post two or three times a week, but that doesn't always happen.

Please PM me if you are interested.
Keal

Post by Keal »

So far as I know it, I'm the one taking over the thief role. I'm away from my books at the moment, but I'll dutifully have something put together no later than tomorrow (Monday) or Tuesday.

I'm a crowd-pleaser by nature, so I'm curious what the current players would like to see added to the party. I don't have access to any of the original splats that would make 'unique' thieves. In fact, I'll be making use of the green-spined, limited-edition re-released books they came out with about a year ago. For all intents and purposes, he'll be a normal, leather-wearing thief.

How about a race choice, though? Something as a background suggestion? Does anyone have a preference they'd care to voice?

Thanks in advance. I look forward to joining up and being the trap pin-cushion. :)
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Keal
I wouldn't exactly call it "taking over". The party already has one thief. You had said something about not wanting to step on anyone's toes, but I don't mind adding another one. As I said in my private message, take any class you like.

If you're looking for suggestions, the party is light on clerics - there is have one, but he's been relegated to NPC status as his player had to step away. And given the nature of the campaign, a fighter wouldn't be unwelcome, either.

As to race, the field is open. We've got one elf and one half-elf. The others are human. Halflings and gnomes are very rare in the campaign, but a dwarf, human, elf or half-elf would be fine.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Any room left for another player? Most of my d&d experience is from 2e. I have played some by email and stuff but not on message boards.

Id lean towards ranger if possible, but it looks like the group is struggling in arcane magic, so I'd happily go mage. Never did much with greyhawk but I love ravenloft :).

Demiplane of Dread: DM. PCs transporting the Crown... while being hunted by a murderer... Act 3, Scene 1
Genwald: DM. PCs Orc hunting before facing the worg-riders again... Act 2, Scene 2
Puzzle Dungeon: DM. Labyrinth of Madness reboot! Approaching the Labyrinth
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Borderlands will be resuming soon.

I am looking for three additional players to join the game. Any class is fine, provided all the newcomers don't choose the same class. Races are per the House Rules/Character Generation thread and the Campaign Background thread.

Please PM me if you are interested.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

TristenC wrote:Any room left for another player? Most of my d&d experience is from 2e. I have played some by email and stuff but not on message boards.

Id lean towards ranger if possible, but it looks like the group is struggling in arcane magic, so I'd happily go mage. Never did much with greyhawk but I love ravenloft :).

You just want to see how to play Angel.. Haha. Welcome aboard.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi