Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Borderlands II - This is the OLD game thread

Second Edition AD&D

A gritty "low-fantasy" game in which the line between right and wrong may occasionally blur, set in a non-canon Greyhawk-based world.

Moderator: Stik

Forum rules
Players should expect to post two to three times per week. 

Players should have a working knowledge of Second Edition AD&D

Experienced adult/mature players are preferred.

No munchkins allowed, and min-maxing will be frowned upon.

Core rulebooks and "Complete" series books will be used.
Stik
Baronet
Baronet
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Borderlands II - This is the game thread

Post by Stik »

Fraso favors Brusen with the sort of look one gives a child who does not want to eat his broccoli: "Please, friend, do not be so intolerant of the vitality-challenged. Not all undead are evil monsters. Some were folk just like you and me, prior to losing their way on their trip to Plutus' halls. They deserve our understanding and sympathy.

"We shall leave tomorrow morning. My servants will have the wagon prepared two hours past dawn. The journey should be fairly quick, I think, if the weather is good."

[OOC] I've got completed sheets from Jen, Friv, Ish and Temp, and a character in a PM from Bryant. I am waiting on Patonius and Wumbo. I am going to give the two of them until tomorrow to get themselves sorted out, after which the show gets on the road. If I don't have PCs from them by then, they can join the party at Orr's Bay. [/OOC]
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Angel nods at Fraso's comment, she turns to the others.
"Brusen, Papa" She nods, "you" she points to Elias and Bastian, "we haven't met"
BryantTheSwordsman
Peasant
Peasant

Post by BryantTheSwordsman »

"Yes Angel, I agree. They are not mercs are I am used to travelling with. What be your professions comrades? For the interest of the party and its well being."
SNORT, IM A DRAGON, SNORT
Tempest
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Tempest »

Elias rises from his seat and walks to Angel, extending his hand.

"Well, now we have." There is no mockery in his words. "I'm Elias Weaver."

To the dwarf he says, "I'm a mapmaker and pathfinder of sorts. A well armed mapmaker at that."
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

"Me?" Bastian asks in mock surprise. "I'm just a layabout and general scoundrel, but you may call me Brother Bastian." He finishes with a slight bow, never loosening his grip on his staff. His smile betrays mischief yet to be done.

"Now, sir Fraso, I believe we had an arrangement involving your wine cellar?"
"as long as you don't talk about one anchor fellating someone."-TSD
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Very well, we shall see your ability on the field. I trust you can fight, or have another use Brother?"
She stands preparing to check her horse for the night, her muddy cloak opens revealing mismatched armor.
"I'm not sure what use mapmaking will be, I presume we are taking the main roads?"
[ooc] i assume there is a road of some kind? [/ooc]
"Everyone rest, do what you have to do, as Master Fraso says we shall be leaving in the morning."

"Sorcerer, may I stable my horse for the night, he needs rubbing down and resting. We also require rations for the journey."

ooc not trying to take charge, just think there are things we need to sort. /ooc

"If we could impose on your hospitality...?"
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Fraso's house is small - two and a half stories and narrow, with no outbuildings save for a small shed, and a tumbledown gazebo near the pond - which is why he held this meeting outdoors on the patio. He does not have the means to accommodate Angel's request.

"Feed for our horses is waiting for us at the livery stables. We shall pick it up in the morning. And I have ordered food for our journey from local purveyors. Everyone likes chicken, yes?

"I would gladly host you all, had I the space to do so. There are, however, a number of inns in town which I am sure can accommodate you. At the very least, however, I can offer you a meal. So, please, eat your fill."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

[ooc] forgot the house was so small, wasn't reading the start of the thread, forgive me... lol [/ooc]

Angel smiles, the lines of contempt disappear for a short time.
"I have somewhere to stay, that is not a problem, the food however would be most welcome, thank you."
She takes some food and sits separate from the others, listening to what is being said.
Frivolous
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Frivolous »

Papa does not seem very interested in introducing himself, but after a brief hesitation he says, "My name is Quadratus. Mercenaries call me Papa. I serve and seek to emulate Father Cronus."

After that, he retires to a table by himself, opens his journal, and uses what light source is available (the setting sun, torches, whatever) to pen a few short sentences about the recent meeting, including all the names of those present. Only when this task is done does he pick up a plate and eat the dinner offered to him by his new employer, Fraso.
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

Bastian approaches the three bottles of wine set out upon the table and reads the labels. He leans upon the staff in his left hand, bows his head with eyes closed and begins a quiet chant <Casting Bless>. He touches the corked tops of the first two bottles as he finishes. Picking up the third bottle he looks to the person closest to him and says slyly "The wine is now proper to drink, though this..." he says raising the third bottle "is a blessed good year by itself!"
"as long as you don't talk about one anchor fellating someone."-TSD
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

From her chair, Angel "Tuts" quietly, she reaches for the glass of water, paying attention to each member of the group in turn.
BryantTheSwordsman
Peasant
Peasant

Post by BryantTheSwordsman »

Brusen joins in Bastian's mirth and gladly accepts the glass of wine.

"I never turn down a good host's offer, especially when it involves liquor and food my friends. Let as be thankful to our host."
SNORT, IM A DRAGON, SNORT
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

As the group enjoys their meal (mostly bread and cheese, but with some cold chicken and sliced sausages in the mix) Fraso sits quietly, off to the side, staring out at the pond. A tall, thin woman in her late teens appears from time to time, tidying up the table and waiting on Fraso, but otherwise making herself as invisible as possible.
Later on a young man of about twenty winters, whose features bear a resemblance to the young woman's, appears. He does not stop to socialize, but instead is seen carrying gear to and from the shed.

When the food and wine are gone (largely due to the mercenaries acting on the traditional relationship between soldiers and food: eat what is offered, when it is offered, because you don't know when the next meal is coming) Fraso rises and says quietly: "My traveling companions, I do hope you enjoyed your meal, but I must now bid you all good night. There are still some matters I must attend to prior to setting out, and we shall be leaving early. Please meet me at Harga's Livery in the morning, two hours past sunrise."

[OOC] If anyone has any plans for the evening, or special preparations to make before setting out, please let me know ASAP. Otherwise we'll pick up at the livery stables the following morning. [/OOC]
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

[ooc] fine with me [/ooc]
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »