Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Borderlands II - This is the OLD game thread

Second Edition AD&D

A gritty "low-fantasy" game in which the line between right and wrong may occasionally blur, set in a non-canon Greyhawk-based world.

Moderator: Stik

Forum rules
Players should expect to post two to three times per week. 

Players should have a working knowledge of Second Edition AD&D

Experienced adult/mature players are preferred.

No munchkins allowed, and min-maxing will be frowned upon.

Core rulebooks and "Complete" series books will be used.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Borderlands II - This is the game thread

Post by Breila »

A smirk crosses Liri's face when she sees Galanis's look at Angel. She gets up and exteds her hand to the woman merc. "Come, let us retire" she says, invitingly.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I hope you find them, we will keep looking I assure you." She smiles at Kira before she leaves.

Angel regards Galanis with a look of distrust before taking Liris hand, standing she faces the others. "Get a good rest, we will meet in the morning."

(Angel is done.)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

This being a way-station rather than a village, Galanis is not in what you would call a target-rich environment. The local females, at least those present at the moment, are a married woman, another who is extremely pregnant, and two children.

Troya bids the group good-night, and offers a hot breakfast in the taproom or packed for the road.

Most of the bunkhouse is not fit for occupation, but there are a few bunks near one end that are not buried in debris from the collapsed roof, if anyone is willing to take the risk. Otherwise the barn is the best choice.

In the pre-dawn hours, there is a bit of a commotion in the barn. Vati, the young man who caught a lift into the station in Fraso's wagon, wakes Papa and speaks with him in an tense whisper. The conversation ends with the priest rising from his bedroll, dressing quickly, picking up his pack, and following Vati out of the barn. If anyone asks, he says only: "Go back to sleep. My duty calls."
"No matter where you go, there you are."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Galanis looks at Angel and asks, "Do you know what's that about? Should I go help him?"
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Egg lifts his head and grumpily says: "Man said 'go back to sleep.' So go back to sleep."

=========================================================

When the group does rise, they find no immediate sign of Papa, but Vati is pacing on the porch of the main house, along with an older man who has the look of a former soldier and a distinct resemblance to Vati. Both men look anxious.
Suja and Troya are also notably absent, although, from the smell of cooking and the bustle of activity in the pub, the children are doing their best to fill in.

The soldier moves to intercept the group as they approach the house. "Your priest is inside the house, seeing to my daughter-in-law. He said he is not to be disturbed."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Is she all right?" Galanis asks only a moment before realizing it might be considered an intrusion. "Amm... If it Okay to ask."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Liri looks worried and asks Angel in a whisper: "Is it normal for priests like him to tend to a stranger woman in childbirth, alone?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Angel doesn't say a word when Papa leaves, his sudden disappearance not bothering in tje slightest..

"Many see his presence as a good omen, it is his calling to bring new life into this world." She whispers softly into the womans ear, "I have never seen him do such a thing, but I would trust no other to do such a task." She pauses, "if it were me."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"Cronus is the god of fatherhood," Bastian chimes in. "But who would have thought Papa would be the hands-on type."

Calah drops her gear on the porch of the pub and begins shedding her armor and weapons. "He might need some help in there." Seeing the others looking at her in surprise, Calah says: "What? A mercenary like me can't know midwifery?"
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Ammm," Galanis says embarrassed, "Do you want me to fetch a bucket of hot water or something from the kitchen?" his eyes lit up as thinking of the kitchen immediately brings up to his mind images of bread and omelet.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I would be happy if you went" Liri tells Calah with a releived smile. "I don't know how others feel, but I belielve there should be both men and women present when a child is born."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Angel shifts uncomfortably, her eyes glancing at the door. "Try, but.. I cannot tell you how he will react. He is somewhat..protective." She shifts closer to Liri without touching, "I think he could sense the closeness."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Vati lets Calah by without much argument, and resumes pacing outside the house.

The old soldier, meanwhile, inclines his head towards the pub and says: "The children have taken it upon themselves to prepare a morning meal. I would take it as a kindness if you go and eat before they forget to stop cooking and burn the place down."

Indeed, there does seem to be a slight hint of smoke coming from the kitchen window.

Breakfast consists of bacon and overcooked eggs, plus a few salvageable slices of toast on a platter amidst a pile of blackened slabs that might have once been bread of some sort.

Calah shows up midway through the meal. Her expression is a bit grim as she fills two plates with food. "It is not going well. Papa is committed to saving both mother and child, but...between you and me, if he weren't a priest, I would be looking for one. You know, for the funeral rites.
"He will not be leaving here today. Maybe not even tomorrow. He suggested that you keep moving - he'll catch up with you on the road in a few days. I'll stay behind, too, and try to help."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Galanis face get serious. "These are bad news. I wish I could help somehow. Our heart will be with you and I'll pray everyday for the mother and child good health."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Angel bows her head. "This is grave news, very grave news." She lowers her voice, "He is dealing with his calling.."

Borderlands 3 - Navi