Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

BLII - Out of Character Chat

Second Edition AD&D

A gritty "low-fantasy" game in which the line between right and wrong may occasionally blur, set in a non-canon Greyhawk-based world.

Moderator: Stik

Forum rules
Players should expect to post two to three times per week. 

Players should have a working knowledge of Second Edition AD&D

Experienced adult/mature players are preferred.

No munchkins allowed, and min-maxing will be frowned upon.

Core rulebooks and "Complete" series books will be used.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: BLII - Out of Character Chat

Post by TristenC »

I think Liri is still scouting and everything is "quiet... too quiet..."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Hello,
Sorry for being away for so long. I've excuses :).

How is everyone here? And how does the game develop?
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Glad to see you back. I was getting worried about you.
The game proceeds apace. You can catch yourself up at your leisure. Current situation is that the PCs have found a villa that has suffered an attack, and are currently trying to make friends with one of the survivors of said attack.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

FYI - I'm going to be living in a tent from 3/11 to 3/16, so you probably won't be hearing from me on account of there being no power to recharge my phone, and possibly no reception in the area.
From 3/17 to 3/21 I'll have power, but any posting I do will be from my mobile, so it will be brief.
See you on the other side.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Have fun :)
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Aaaaand we're back.
Gulf Wars was amazing, and I had the best day of fighting in recent memory during the first battle of the event. I felt unstoppable.
I made some new friends, ran into some old ones, and despite the extreme weather (it didn't get above 60 degrees during the day and fell below 30 at night, which is rough when you're living in a tent) generally had a great time.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Sweet :)
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Good to hear.
Welcome back.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

When I come back into civilisation, I usually notice two things:
1. How nice it is to be warm and dry
2. How much noise our civilisation makes
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Wednesday night (March 15) - 28 degrees Fahrenheit in a nylon tent, wearing fleece pants, a tee shirt, a fleece shirt and a bandana on my head, and bundled up in my sleeping bag, two blankets and a cloak.
Thursday night (March 16) - 35 degrees Fahrenheit in a canvas tent with two other people and a large dog, wearing fleece pants, and a tee shirt, in my sleeping bag plus one blanket. It was a considerable improvement.
Friday night (March 17) - Indoors for the first time in six days, had a hot shower and slept on top of the covers in pajama pants.
I suppose it's my fault for going camping in what is still technically the winter, but I figured I was about a thousand miles south of home, so it ought to have been warmer there.

The kicker is that the day after I left, temperatures rose into the low eighties as my friends broke camp and packed up.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

In my family, we often refer to "Gubbio weather." On our pilgrimage to Assisi, we came to Gubbio in late May. Until three in the afternoon, the weather was cool but fair, temperatures in the upper seventies Fahrenheit, cloudy and breezy. Then a wave of thunderstorms approached, and temperatures dropped to the mid-fourties with heavy rain, and it stayed like that until we reached the town three hours later. We had good rain gear, so we stayed mostly dry, but the cold was hard. Our daughter hat do use the bathroom in a wayside bar, and was hardly able to open her clothes because her hands were nearly immobile.
Normal temperatures for that place and season are about 40 degrees Fahrenheit higher, and of course we had packed for that plus "a few warm things for emergencies."
But the hailstorm that broke loose after we had reached our B&B for the night made sure we went to the nearest restaurant available, which was more expensive than we would otherwise have chosen. it was great value for money, though. Because of the weather, we were the only guests and were treated like royalty. We took the "regional specialities menu" which in Ubria means truffles... and now I understand why people say they're a delicacy. and the tab was still much lower than what I pay for good regional food at home.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

I had hinted at this elsewhere on PADnD, but it came to pass today. After 13 years and 206,000 miles, I have replaced my old SUV.
I picked up my new SUV this afternoon - a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and it is a beauty.

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

my wife has been lookimg at those. Let me know how it does
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Congrats!
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Insane weekend. My medieval recreation group hosted a small local medieval fair, and I volunteered to draw up the layout and to be on-site liaison with the fifteen or so merchants vending at the event, but it pretty much turned into running the event.
We were expecting 600-800 people. We got 1,100-1,300.
And one of the food trucks didn't show up. And the other one ran out of food.
And the guy in charge of the event didn't secure the proper permits from the Town, so we got shut down before we could open the gates on the second day due to traffic problems.
I spent eight hours between Saturday and Sunday morning trying to talk the police department and the venue to let us open, before being shut down by the local police.
Very little sleep Thursday night because I had to pack for the event.
Went to the site on Friday afternoon and worked at setup until sundown, then got very little sleep Friday night because I stayed up late with my friends, and woke up early to finish setup.
Five hours of setup and working with merchants on Saturday before getting into armor for another five hours, then six hours of phone calls and conversations with the venue.
Slept five hours then I was back on the phone trying to find an ambulance to be on standby because an event larger than 1,000 people needs one on standby. Then the cops showed up and told us to pack it in, and I had to tell all the merchants that we'd been shut down and to pack up and go home.
I feel like I've been beaten up.