Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Down the Dungeon Way - the actual gaming thread

Down the Dungeon Way: Hosted by LadyWinterWolf. Group Members only!

Moderator: LadyWinterWolf

BryantTheSwordsman
Peasant
Peasant
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Down the Dungeon Way - the actual gaming thread

Post by BryantTheSwordsman »

I help Beillion lift Drake off the porticullis spikes as carefully as I can.

To Drake:Sorry friend Dwarf, we got to get you off so please forgive the pain. Lets hope you are still able to fight after this.
SNORT, IM A DRAGON, SNORT
Wizard_of_Wumbo
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Wizard_of_Wumbo »

Evis scans the trap up and down, oblivious to what other people are currently saying as he checks the opening in the floor, trying to budge or move the spikes. His logic is that even if he cant disarm the trap or even figure out how it works, he will still look as though he has some credible ability. As he clamors about in the chaos an idea strikes him.

clear the stairs! he yells i do believe that i have seen a trap like this before, gentlemen. There must be a pressure plate or wire of some kind. he crawls about on the ground pushing down on the floor, feeling for movement in the floor or anything that looks abnormal, such as a wire, button or a raised stone in the floor. If he finds the trigger he promptly retrieves the bottle of blue paint from his pack and opens it. He paints an angry face :evil: on the ground over the trigger, or writes "mind your feets" if he finds a trip wire. He also paints a long line along the slit where the spikes protrude from currently.

While Evis is searching he hears the comment about the floutist and halts momentarily, only to turn his head to the Martin with a wide eyed stare. Do you do children's parties? he asks sarcastically...he turns back and continues his work. But once again yells out to share another thought Now i wouldnt take my word for it since...well...i know me, but i highly doubt these devilish spikes are poisoned, i didnt notice any, nor did i smell any, we smaller folk are renown for our keen noses you see. My point is that the healing of the fat one should be relatively easy without poison, now that does not mean that it wont infect, but...he shouldnt just up and die on us. It this does turn up fatal it will be rather painful and slow, i assure you...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Aye my dear..." the dwarf groans softly, his eyes glazing over... "That will about do it..." He passes out, head resting on the floor.
Kaber
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Kaber »

Snickerpuss grunts and pants as she struggles to move things about and push and pull the bandage roll from somewhere within the midst of Sim's pack. Around spell components and flasks of lantern oil. Between a bottle of wine and a half eaten apple covered in lint. The dark interior of the pack is stiffeling. The air stale and thick with the pungent odor of worn leather, sulfer and sweat. A muffled series of tiny sneezes can be heard before the writhing bulge in Sim's bag inches its way toward the surface. The flap of his pack twitches then begins to rise as a tiny pink tail drops from beneath it followed by a furry white body dragging a roll of bound cloth.

Snickerpuss pulls the bandages up and out. She pauses to catch her breath before kicking the roll off the lip of Sim's pack so that it sails over the barrier to land near the dwarf.

[OOC] Ok it's up to you guys now, might wanna clean the wounds before you bandage them [/OOC]

Snickerpuss sighs and shakes her head then turns and scampers up onto Sim's shoulder. Standing on her hind legs she grabs the lower part of Sim's ear and bites.

"OWWWWW!" Sim cries. "What in the nine hells of Baator did you do that for you ungrateful rodent?! Hrumph, really! Can't you see I was on the verge of an important discovery!? Lost my train of thought, by the gods Snick. You know where your food is. Damned fool rodent. I knew you were trouble the first day I met you. Now, where was I. Jelly sandwich? Hmmm.....OH! Yes"
Sim whirles around, nearly flinging Snickerpuss from her perch. "Bait! Trapmaster we need you at the front. The rest of you lot keep an eye on the dwarf, make sure he gets some rest and is well fed. He'll need plenty of sunlight and some water. I don't suppose we can put him in a pot? No? Right then, I shall stand gaurd."
Last edited by Kaber on Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The magic of life is it's mystery. Never let the wonder of it all die
LadyWinterWolf
Freeman
Freeman

Post by LadyWinterWolf »

*Drake loses 3 more points bringing his HP down to 5 total. He is NOT unconscious yet, but will be soon; and is currently suffering from delusions.*

*Evis finds the trigger of the trap as the step at 30' presses down slightly under his touch. However, because the remaining 5 members of the party have already stepped up this step, the portcullis will not retract for 5 hours. Evis, in his haste to snap back at the wild mage's comments, has stepped over the roll of bandages needed by Drake to bind his wounds and stop the bleeding.*
Long Live the Witch Queen!!!
Wizard_of_Wumbo
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Wizard_of_Wumbo »

Evis gets up off the ground and bounds over to the dwarf, pushing people out of the way and quickly inspecting the wounds...he sighs. well dwarf, this may in fact be it for you...nice meeting you and all that he quickly jumps up and climbs over the spikes, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious in the walls or on the ground as he walks over to the mages side. He looks straight ahead and asks the mage and, may i ask why you need me? i heard the bait remark...i dont trust you all enough to risk my skin like that.
Kaber
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Kaber »

Sim looks down to the companion at his side

"What? Oh, you did bring bait right? Something small, a worm or minnow? There's bound to be some underground aquafer around here and fresh fish would be just the thing after a hard days dungeoning. Now, if you are as I think, a trap master of some repute, and yes you needn't tell me of that stint you pulled on the Baron of....of......wait, you are a Shadow Lord right? Well of course I know you're in disguise. I won't tell a soul. The knowledge of your secret Shadow Ring is safe with me. Now! I admit my skills at dungeoneering are lacking and so would you be a good fellow and herd the traps out of our way. I know they are just grazing but they can be rather a nuisance"
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

[OOC] You know, Martin may be a fool, but he's not stupid. [/OOC]

"Ordinarily, at a time like this, I'd say something like: 'I like it when the red water comes out.' But I've kind of taken a liking to Norman here in the ten minutes I've known him, so..." with a bit of a fanfare, Martin pulls a bright blue silk handkerchief out of his sleeve, which is of course followed by another, this one yellow. And a pink one, and a lavender one. And a white one. Then he kneels beside the injured dwarf and begins plugging the spear holes in Drake's body with the various handkerchiefs until all the wounds are filled.
"Have no fear, my friend, I've won acclaim for curing ills and I've never lost a case.
"I've lost a lot of patients, but I've never lost a case.
"No matter what I treat them for, they die from something else"
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Beillion kneels to inspect the wounds and starts to pray under his breath. Touching his holy symbol, he makes contact with the wounds. "Hear my prayers, Selune." He says openly for effect and channels the magic through his hands into the wounds. (( OOC: not sure on rolling for heals - gm can roll )) He inspects the wounds as he passes the magic into the flesh.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
LadyWinterWolf
Freeman
Freeman

Post by LadyWinterWolf »

*Martin's bandaging of the wounds has stopped the blood flow, and will help with the dwarf's recovery. However, his lack of cleansing the wounds may bite the dwarf in the stomach later on.

*Beillion's prayer is answered and the dwarf is granted a healing of 10HP, bringing his constitution back up to 15. Now Drake needs to make a choice; stay where he is on the stairway to rest for 8 hours, and gain back 3HP for each day (8hrs) of rest, or with his HP cut in half, continue on with the party into the next section of the dungeon.*

*Since Evis has joined Sim, the both of them should be able to see the treasure in the room section off to the right of the stairway; another gold coin floats past. Also, Drake's axe can be seen in the center of the 10' x 10' area. Evis can also see the door far down on the left side of the long section of the room.*

*Using the torches, the other members of the party should be able to make out the L shape of the room before them, and if they crane their necks to look right, also the treasure in that secton.*
Kaber
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Kaber »

Sim raises his hand, speaking to Evis.

"I shall of course aid you by revealing any magical traps that may be present. Orem Magicus Illuminatus Revealus"

[OOC] Sim casts Detect Magic which should reveal any magic auras in a 60ft area. http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/detectmagic.htm for more info.[/OOC]
LadyWinterWolf
Freeman
Freeman

Post by LadyWinterWolf »

*In a reflecting light only seen by Sim, his spell reveals any magical item owned by the other party members, the 5 vials sitting with the treasure, and if he looks down to the far northern wall of the long section of the room, the outline of the wolf.*

*The she-wolf's eyes glow amber, and she growls at the mage, "Peek-a-boo, I'll eat you, and all your bones will come out in my poo."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

The dwarf stands slowly, trying to disguise the hand rubbing his wounds.

"Kadan has shown me the way..." under his breath he mumbles something that could be understood as "Thank you"

He straightens himself up and takes a look at the spikes that nearly signale his doom.

ooc, so they can be climbed over, but is there anyway we can move the portculius ie, bending it by force? Ie, so they don't get in our way again? /ooc

The dwarf stands back slightly... "Aye what a stupid thing to do..." He eyes the party softly, the tattooed face breaking into a small smile... "Lead on Trap Master... " He motions to Evis "I gotta get me Axe.. Twas a present." he falls silent.

Edit by LWW - Re the OOC - No. It will remain up, cannot be bent, twisted, melted, etc. But, you could pray for rust monsters to take care of it. :D
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Then the dwarf, ever so awakwardly and carefully climbs over the portcullis. Ensuring his spikes don't get caught.

"Are Ye coming?" he motions to the others.

ooc how far away is his axe? its all cares about at this point /ooc

Edit by LWW - Re OOC - if you look at the map, you'll see the 10' x 10' area to the right of the stairway; the axe is approx. 7' (1d10) within.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"I'll be wanting those handkerchiefs back, Norman. Laundered," says Martin.
Martin carefully approaches the portcullis, and with exaggerated care climbs up onto it, working his way over the spikes, and around them. Then, grinning, he rides down the other side like a child on a slide.
"Hello, hello, hello! What's all this, then?" Martin says, eyeing the treasure. His gaze is drawn to the floating coins more than anything else. If they float all the time, what a great stage prop they would make.
"No matter where you go, there you are."