Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Down the Dungeon Way - the actual gaming thread

Down the Dungeon Way: Hosted by LadyWinterWolf. Group Members only!

Moderator: LadyWinterWolf

LadyWinterWolf
Freeman
Freeman
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Down the Dungeon Way - the actual gaming thread

Post by LadyWinterWolf »

*Because Martin has the astuteness to watch closely where Esse stepped, he was able to discern that landing upon the dark blue tile would be a very bad thing to do. He was able to cross the room to the paladin's body, and back to his comrades without mishap. If he took time to examine the paladin's body, he would have found a chainmail coin purse containing 10 gold and 5 silver pieces. There is also a scroll case containing a letter to one of the land's lords, Sir Elliot. It reads: M'lord Elliot. We humbly beg that you send one of your truest and finest knights to help rid of us the vile creatures that have invaded our land. Shapeshifters they be, and while we have seen only three, we fear more will come if these are left to roam at will. Please M'lord, help us as we are desperate. Your servant, Gil of Gavating.

(Background Info - This was the home of Gil of Gavating....125 years ago. About every 40 or so years, the newest lord of the land receives the same request.)
Long Live the Witch Queen!!!
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Bei asks Martin. "Clear?" He looks around the room and gazes at the roof. "More to the point, shall we go in further? There is no point in going further if the only way we can go forward is to watch rocks drop on our heads. She had no chance. We should head back before the same fate kills us."
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Bored and Broke after spending his last copper from his last binge on harlots and games of chance, Roggie prepares to leave town and seek a way to replenish his purse.

Cutting other purses is not really his cup o' tea.

before going to sleep in his final night in the Fat Cow Inn, he casts Armor, and studies his spell book, selecting Color Spray, Spider Climb & Invisibility.

In the morning, he calmly walks out of town to return whenever.

Early in the afternoon. he spies the remains of an ancient castle off in the distance. changing his direction, he heads there.

Eventually, he locates the entrance, and stops to think.

Hmm, interesting, but it could be a little hazardous to my health all alone

"What the seven hells"

keeping his weapon sheathed, and his skills sharpened ((occ Hide on Shadows/Find traps/Tumbling/move silently/detect noise))

he proceeds into the first hallway, and continues until there is *something* *anything* to react to.

OCC - Hi all fresh blood here
LadyWinterWolf
Freeman
Freeman

Post by LadyWinterWolf »

(OOC - moving Nuke's character along, so we don't have to wait for him to catch up)

*As Roggie descends into the room of murals, he spies a large female wolf sitting in the center of the room itself. She speaks to him in her gutteral voice, "Greetings Roggie; yes, I know your name. Let's cut to the chase, ooooh, chase, I like the sound of that. Hmmm, where was I, oh yes. Down this hallway, to your right, you will find what is left of a party that decided to investigate my fun house. What they forgot was, if you want to play, you will have to pay, and some have paid dearly indeed."

"So, come along boy, I don't have all day to wait to eat you...or do I?"
Growling her laughter, she rises, enters the hallway to Roggie's right and walks off.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Interesting, a talking wolf...Roggie thinks to himself.

Not overly concerned having seen many thinks in his advanced years, if not age.

More people in here, perhaps that would be better than going through this alone.

Following the lead, the elf continues to the right.

After seeing the others, he stops to observe a while before he moves forward and hails the group.

"Well met"
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"Prove it," Martin says, matter-of-factly.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Bei pauses and thinks about it. "Ah, welcome?" He looks around and kneels to inspect the floor for any changes after the movement. "I'm Bei, longer introductions later, and this is our small group on a quest that is not so wise in hindsight." He looks at the blood stain and rock.
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

Bjarg just sorta stares at the floor. After some time he suffles himself into a standing position. "I see no other doors to this room. Is there a point to it's death traps?" is voice is somber, almost devoid of emotion.

(OOC by LWW - *smacks IL upside the head* What about the 2nd archway across from the one you're at now?)
"as long as you don't talk about one anchor fellating someone."-TSD
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Roggie senses he has arrived at a bad moment.

The block sitting ever so slightly tilted with a blood stain slowly flowing for out from under it is obvious what has transpired there.

Looking at the floor and seeing the tiles arranged in their simple pattern means there was more than meets the eye.

The far end of the room appears to have a 'T' intersection. meaning the way forward is across the tiles.

The two pieces of the chainmail body off in the distance indicate there was something else that had happened here as well.

He calmly shrugs off his pack and begins to extract a rope and grapple hook.

Securing the hook he looks to drag the closest body part to the groups position.

Ideally clearing any other trips associated with the tiles.
LadyWinterWolf
Freeman
Freeman

Post by LadyWinterWolf »

(OOC - not much I can do until you guys decide if you're continuing through the 2nd archway on the other side of the room of tiles; or are you making that right turn in the hallway? If you decide to go to the archway, you already know to state that you are NOT stepping on a dark blue tile with a star on it. Also, I stated the paladin had some treasure and a letter on him, so someone might want to grab those items)
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Bei asks. "Which way should we go?"
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Roggie drags the chewed body of the paladin back towards the archway and searches it.

He opens the purse and shows the 'loot' to the rest of the group before stowing it away.

the chainmail purse also make its way into his pack.

He unrolls the parchment and reads it aloud.

He then carefully walks toward the arm and sword, avoiding the starred tiles but still actively checking for other surprises.

'A spare might come in handy' he thinks to himself.

"Well, I've followed that wolf this far, I suppose we might just as well continue to follow"

he proceeds carefully toward the other archway.... (OCC searching for traps and secrect doors OCC)

(OOC by LWW - sorry, but the paladin's arm, and the sword, are underneath the concrete block, so no way your character can obtain the sword.)
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Bei marks the path carefully and says. "Right, we just lost a friend to falling stones. I don't need to say be careful at this point."
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

Bjarg follows. Shield and club at ready, though his actions are mechanical in nature. He doesn't take the lead, but stands near the leader, ready to jump into the fray should trouble arise. (Also, avoiding any blue tiles with stars on them)
"as long as you don't talk about one anchor fellating someone."-TSD
LadyWinterWolf
Freeman
Freeman

Post by LadyWinterWolf »

(OOC - except for the dark blue tiles with stars, there are no other traps in this room; and no hidden doorways)

*As the group makes it way towards the 2nd archway, what is beyond becomes clearer - a hallway 10' wide by 40' long. The walls, floor and ceiling are all of gray stone, and lit torches adorn the walls every 10'. Continuing thru the archway, they will see that it makes a left turn, goes another 40' before a stairway leads downward; the stairway is dark and there are no unlit torches lining the walls. On the right, near the start of the stairway, they will see a partially open stone door; it is only ajar 2 inches, so they cannot see what is beyond it.*

*While Roggie believes that following the wolf may be the way to go, he will have a tough decision to make. For as the group looks down the hallway, they will see the flicker of her tail: going down the stairway, and slipping through the narrow door opening.*