Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 14: Darkest Hour

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 14: Darkest Hour

Post by TristenC »

JadedDM wrote: Gobax (Market Street)
(OOC: Checking on him every hour or so should be enough, assuming Shima doesn't do anything strenuous today like fighting, climbing, running, jogging, etc.)
[Can we agree that Grubnick would have understood this better than i did and mentioned the need for hourly 'checkups' to Shima before he went off?]
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

(Basically the plan here is to look in all the windows and figure out the layout of the first floor of the mansion as best as I can. How big is each room, what is the purpose of each room, where are the exits to each room that I can see, etc.)
Veni Vidi Vici
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Tulbas rises and cast 'Burning Hands' putting Jinali in the center of the arc.

'No matter what direction you'll turn,
engulfing flames your flesh will burn.'
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Haahqae (Outside Prefect's Mansion)
Going around the entire building, Haahqae peers into the windows. Starting near the main entrance, there is a waiting room with double doors on the left, double doors on the right, a single door northwest, two single doors north east, and a staircase presumably leading up to the second floor. Soldiers patrol about, coming and leaving the room. Moving to the right, he finds a massive ballroom, currently empty. Further on he finds a nice dining room. There are papers and scrolls on the table, instead of food. But nobody is around presently.

There are no windows near the back entrances, so he cannot see where they lead. Beyond that he spots a large library with numerous shelves filled with various books. Moving on is the greenhouse. Beyond that, he starts to return to the front of the house again. There are numerous rooms, each containing a bed, a chest and other basic necessities. They look like guest rooms, but instead of housing guests, they look more like prisoners. Haahqae recognizes a few of them--members of the Trade Guild. He spots the innkeeper of the Tankard, Karn the blacksmith, and in one room he even sees Norris and Kendra. Kendra is wearing spiked black armor bearing the symbol of the Dragon Queen and is speaking with Norris, but he cannot hear through the walls what they are saying. He does not see Ismene in any of the rooms.

This brings him back to where he started, by the front entrance.
Prefect Mansion 01.jpg
Prefect Mansion 01.jpg (367.37 KiB) Viewed 5996 times
Kendra Synclair (Prefect's Mansion)
"Let's hope so," Norris says. "Otherwise, the prefect may decide to execute the Trade Guild just to be safe."

Tulbas Erogund (Tower of Wayreth, Unknown Floor on AT 15)
Tulbas hops out of cover and casts his spell, causing fans of flames to erupt from his hands. Jinali cries out in pain, her spell disrupted. At once, she begins casting a new one.

Initiative
Tulbas (1d10+1): 3+1 = 4
Jinali (1d10+1): 9+1 = 10

Round 4!

Tulbas steps out of cover and casts Burning Hands at Jinali, dealing (1d3+8): 2+8 = 10 damage.
Jinali saves vs. spell (1d20): 11+2 = 13, pass. She only takes 5 damage. Her spell is disrupted.

(OOC: Actions for Round 5?)

Gobax (Market Street)
(OOC: Sure, that's fine.)

Shima Longfoot (Grinning Goat Tavern)
The bartender whispers something to another patron and they hurry out. Shima sits and waits for about an hour and then the woman shows up and approaches him. "This better be about the job being done. You've kept me waiting long enough on it."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"And 'Hello' to you as well. Yes, it's about the job being done but it's not finished as the first guy died and the big fella has disappeared. I've nearly died twice, not that that's your problem. To finish the job I need to take help down there. I know who, but want your approval or it's a waste of effort," answers Shima.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Grubnick goes shopping to pick up some lamp oil [3 flasks] and a cheap pair of spare cottton shirts.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Haahqae will look for any mouse-hole (with Miracle's help hopefully) in the prison cells or the greenhouse, with the hopes that Miracle could slip in and scout the prison cells a bit further to look for Ismene and/or Arcane. Is there an inner ring of cells across a hall from the outer ring? How comfy do the beds in the cells look?
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Haahqae (Outside Prefect's Mansion)
The beds look fairly comfortable; better than what Haahqae himself sleeps on in his shoddy room at the Tankard, to be certain. As to whether there are more rooms across the hall, he cannot tell. The doors are all closed and he cannot see beyond the rooms themselves.

He does discover a small hole near the room just beneath the one Kendra is in. It's the one Karn the blacksmith is in.

Gobax (Market Street)
Using the money Shima gave him, Gobax decides to do some shopping. He acquires a pair of cotton shirts for 16 silver pieces and three lamps of oil for 36 copper pieces.

The woman frowns. "Dead and missing? And you are the only one left? By the old gods and new..." She shakes her head. "Well, where is this person you speak of? Surely you don't expect me to hire them without meeting them?"
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Wow. Those shirts were way more than i thought. How much would some cheap cloth be?]
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"In the meantime, they aren't mistreating you or anything are they?" Kendra asks. "I can see about getting something more to eat, and finding a way to get you a shave if you want."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"I was being careful with your secrets," answers Shima. "I'll go get."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Tulbas quickly counter-spell with 'Protection from evil' whispering in his old elvish dialect.

'Servants of evil, foul and rotten,
Your mind full with darkness, your fury is burning hot,
Such fury can be avoided,
And thus you shall harm me not.'
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Kendra Synclair (Prefect's Mansion)
"No, they mostly leave me alone," Norris says. "I haven't eaten much, I admit. I've just grown more and more worried...about you, the shop, and the other guild members. And this whole city. As for shaving, I've asked. But they don't want to give me a sharp object, I suppose."

Tulbas Erogund (Tower of Wayreth, Unknown Floor on AT 15)
After Tulbas finishes his protection spell, Jinali finishes her own. Electricity begins cackling around her hands as she prepares to reach out and grab Tulbas, no doubt giving him a shock if she succeeds.

Initiative
Tulbas (1d10+1): 3+1 = 4
Jinali (1d10+1): 10+1 = 11

Round 5!

Tulbas casts Protection from Evil on himself for 8 rounds.
Jinali casts Shocking Grasp.

(OOC: Actions for Round 6?)

Gobax (Market Street)
(OOC: Taxes, remember? Everything is more expensive now. What's cheaper than cotton? Burlap, I guess? He could buy two burlap shirts for 8 silver. They'll be undyed and very scratchy, though.)

The woman crosses her arms. "I'll wait here. But not very long, so I'd hurry if I were you."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

He leaves to go and get the other fella.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"If I'm the one to give you the shave, then it will probably be allowed," Kendra says. "And you really should eat. You need to keep up your strength. I'm able to keep things afloat."