Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Tree Lords III

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani gently places her hand upon his shoulder. "I'm sorry," she says. While she doesn't understand what he said, she can recognize the pain of loss easily enough.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I am very sorry we came to late" Babushka says quietly. "We hope to find other kirath soon. Lareth was our guide for a while, he asked us to go west and meet him again."

After a concerned look - after all, the empty stomach may rebel against so much water in a short time - , she takes the lead on Mailka's tracks. "Right, are we ready to go?"
There's more to me than meets the eye...
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

Fikod spits on the ground, rising to stand. He makes sure he's furnished with all of his daggers and bolts, before nodding to Babushka. "Aye. I dinnae know the manner of yer relations to the Malika woman, but is it not possible she's taken the animals and the packs and made for whatever fortune there's to be had in this blasted land of green and growth?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"That is one of the possibilities, yes, but I found tracks of more animals coming to our resting place and leaving with our animals. Unguided ponies, donkeys and horses won't form a herd and wander off without fights, so I presume the newcoming animals had riders." Babushka tells Fikod with a smile.
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

The dwarven rogue gives a chuckle, stroking the twinned mustachios braided beneath his chin in an attempt to look thoughtful. "I know not yer ways with the beasts of burden, so it must be as ye say. No bled shed, eh? Well it still may be coercion by force, she didnae strike me as so foolish to offer her life for naught."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I stay here," the kirath says. "Rest. Return to camp when better. Sure are you, dwarves are gone?"

===============

(OOC: Marching order?)
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Yes, they went away, we killed most of them." Jerrard replies, using elven where possible. "We are meeting the Kirath. you come with us?"

"Malika is my responsibilty, she would have gone with someone who might offer her something.. we left her, in a small way I do not blame her." He says to Fikod.

"Imani, same order as before?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"He should come with us, I can help him more soon. Jerrard, could you try to tell him that the others are with Eli?" Locky asks, playing with her symbol.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"A'maelamin," he points to the sky. "Eli." Then he motions to Locky. "I hope that makes sense."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

The last marching order I found was this (from before the first daergar ambush):
(Suggest order:
Fikod and Babuskha
Jeremy with his mount
Imani and mount
Locky with ponies
Jerrard with Malika
Ulster and Thuskar with Dekker
So "same order" now would be:
Fikod and Babushka
Jeremy
Imani
Locky
Jerrard
Ulster and Thuskar
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Babuskha takes the lead as she is tracking. Ulster, myself and Thuskar should be next. Jerrard and Locky are behind us, and Fikod and Jeremy take the rear," Imani says. "It is important to remember that the spell casters need to be protected by those that can fight in melee," she explains as she stands from where she was sitting next to the elf. She glances down at him. "Are you sure you want to stay here?" she asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The kirath frowns at Jerrard. "I am not an idiot, do not speak to me as if I was one," he states, clearly offended. "You have already told me that they are all dead." Turning to Imani, he says in Common. "Yes. Stay here. Rest."

===========

(OOC: Let's try and avoid double- and triple-posting, please.)
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I... I..." Jerrard stammers, collecting a bed roll he checks his weapons and steps outside.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"For a smart man, he is silly." Locky says in slow common sitting next to him. "I sent them to Eli, is what he is trying to say, it was beautiful." She hopes he understands. "Be safe."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

With that settled, the group departs from the ruins and begins slowly following the tracks of the pack animals and whatever took them away.

Their progress is painfully slow; even more so now that they have no horses or ponies or donkeys to help speed them along. And as they are carefully tracking, this slows them down considerably, further.

The morning and afternoon pass without incident as they travel. As evening approaches, they come across a small clearing in the woods.

=========

Jerrard adds a bedroll to his inventory.

It is now Twelfth Watch.