Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 3 Scene 1: Arrivals and Leavetakings

A 2E game set in the mysterious realm of Ravenloft.

Moderator: TristenC

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 3 Scene 1: Arrivals and Leavetakings

Post by TristenC »

The Old Kartakann Inn: Mira, Sir Karl and Elsa
Ooh, another sleepover! That will be fun! Sabrina claps excitedly. I have to get back to work now, but I'll come find you as soon as I'm done. Okay?

Elsa giggles at Karl's seriousness. Oh come on, a little humor is good for the soul. But seriously, i follow Yondala the Provider. She is the goddess of nature, plants and growth. But mostly it's about triumphing over all the crazy stuff in the world through Luck, Courage, Wits and Persistence.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Mira beams happily, "That's more than ok, I wouldn't want to disturb you working." She smiles wider and watches the girl depart, her gaze lingering on her for a few moments.

"And she's brilliant at the same time." She adds her attention turning to Elsa and Karl.

"I get the humour, and that sounds similar to a god we have on Krynn doesn't it Mira?" Karl suggests.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The girl squeezes her hand excitedly and moves off to finish her shift. The food is warm and filling, and as they wait one of the patrons walks past their booth towards the exit. Something small and metallic falls to the floor behind him as he passes out of the bar. Even in the dim, Mira recognizes it as the key to the private meeting room where Akriel gave them details to reach the Cavern of the Crown...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(I believe Karl still has the Crown doesnt he?)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

(Yes, I believe you are correct. He and others felt it best Pyros not lug it around for various reasons ;) )
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Mira pauses her meal, standing she places her booted foot on the key, kneeling as she does so to check the laces. "I'm just going to umm.. freshen up." She smiles at the Knight and the handling, pocketing the key as she does so.

She makes a circular route to her destination, pausing to kiss Sabrina on the Cheek if the situation allows before returning to the table.

"Apparently we are summoned." She explains in Common, tapping her pouch as she does so.

"Are we sure it is safe to hand it over?" Karl asks, saying what Mira had been thinking, "And should we do it now or wait for the others?"

"Now, we can get everyone together and arrange for him to send us back tomorrow. He's probably one of the less creepy things we have encountered if I'm honest."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Finding her way to the secret room, Mira pauses outside the door in her discussion with the Knight.

The key again fits the door which opens to reveal a room with benches all around it and a large circular table in the exact center. The furniture shows signs of brawling with scrapes, cuts, and gouges marring their surfaces. Brown stains cover the walls, furniture, and floor. A thick and stale odor, perhaps that of sweat and exertion, lingers in the air.

To one side sits a small hooded figure who rises and pulls the hood back to reveal the beautiful young face of Akriel. Raven colored locks twist down to frame fair skin. I'm so glad you've returned safely! I was so worried. Are... are the rest of your friends alright? she says to Mira in that sing-song language. Oh, I don't believe we've met. she curtsies to Karl. I am Akriel. Pleased to make your acquaintance sir...?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Karl surveys the room, unsure what this beautiful young woman was doing in such a place, "Sir Karl Mordrane Sularia, Knight of the Sword." Karl answers, "The pleasure is all mine."

"Karl helped us when we needed it most, yes we returned, it really wasn't easy at all." Mira answers turning her nose up at the smell, something... this place set off alarm bells in her head, did they use this place to entrap those who had turned? Was that the smell?

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Ah, then i am in your debt, sir Knight. she says kindly. Her nerves seem to be showing a little but she turns to Mira again. Were you able to find the caverns? I know the directions from the old texts were vague. she says, hopefully
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"We found it yes." She glances at Karl, tapping her finger to her lips. "The Caverns were highly defended, there were a considerable amount of traps and guardians, but yes. We found them, and defeated those who defended it and we have returned."

"My Honour would not allow me to do otherwise. The thing you sought, I was not here when it was discussed, what does it do?" Karl asks giving Mira a look in return, he would not lie, to do so would break his honour.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Akriel's eyes widen as they relate the hazards and trials in achieving the crown, followed by clear joy and relief at obtaining it. You and your friends are truly remarkable. I'm overjoyed! The happiness in her features falters only slightly as she says, The awful woodsman has had his lackeys watching me even more closely of late. There is no way i could take the crown to my love undetected. You have done so much for us already that I hate to ask more, but it should be a simple and safe matter... Would... could you and your friends deliver the crown to my Betrothed? She pleads.

Dr Dominiani lives but two days walk from Skald, in the land of Gundarak. He will surely reward you handsomely for all you have done.

Regarding the powers of the crown, All I have been able to learn is that it is a powerful artifact and heirloom of my family that was lost in those caverns. My love says he has been able to uncover more about it's working but I have no details yet.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"We would need to discuss that with the others. As I don't speak for them, if we go will do so in the morning." Mira answers, the only reward she wanted was to get away from this horrible place.. where dreams dont haunt you. "Is there perhaps a map showing where he lives you can provide us with?" She fidgets, wanting to get away.

"I understand, there are many such items in my homeland, items that are unknown. I will go where Lady Mira travels." Karl decides, the woman had some idea and she was skilled at dealing with others.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Oh, of course! Yes please do. As for a map, i can have something sent to you but it is fairly simple. The road north out of Skald goes straight for over 20 miles before you come to a fork. Follow the lesser road that makes the right side of the fork and it will lead you to a forested valley where his keep is. It's impossible to miss.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"So..." Mira produces a piece of parchment, sketching the route as she does so, "This is Skald, we walk North, say.. this far, take a right." Sketching a smaller road and cutting off the longer one she draws a few trees and then a simple tower. "Like this?" If the Girl agrees she gives her a nod, stands and offers her the key to the room, "No offence but I'd rather not meet here again." When thats done she returns back outside, returning to their booth while waiting on Sabrina.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Akriel confirms her sketch and blushes at the remark about the room, apologizing that it is the only private meeting room at the inn where one can avoid prying eyes.

Once back in the entryway Sabrina catches up with them, a small pack on her back amd a rain cloak. I'm ready. She says cheerfully.
Oh, we can probably borrow some rain cloaks from the lost and found. That way you won't get drenches on the way back to your inn! she offers. I can return them tomorrow.