Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Sarcophagus Legion I

Post by Breila »

"What do we need to take, then?" Babushka asks. "Also, we have a donkey and a horse, are they suitable mounts or beasts of burden, or should we find them a good stable here? And of course, there's another man to our group. His name is Thuskar, and he was just taking care of our animals when you came into the inn. We will not leave him here alone. Forgive me for saying this, Imani, but some of your people have been quite hostile to us."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard watches the exchange between Imani and Nejo with a curious stare, the Princess was obviously asserting her authority, she seemed rather adamant she was coming.

"Thank you Nejo, you were a great help." He offers the Porter a hand in thanks. "Please take this small token." He smiles placing a few steel into the boys palm.

Turning his attention back to the others he adds: "Thuskar is coming, there is no argument there."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"They haven't exactly been friendly to us." Locky adds, sitting in a corner, the Kender is being rather quiet and subdued.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Unfortunately, you are probably going to find more people that are going to be hostile towards you while you are in Khur," Imani explains. "Most of the Khurish people don't like strangers, especially those from other lands. My presence will help with some of the hostility, but you are going to face it no matter where you go in Khur," she says with a small shrug. "It is probably best to get use to it now."

"As for what you will need. First off is the standard stuff. A lot of water, food, and whatever supplies you feel that you will need. Secondly, you are going to want to wear light clothing. You want to keep everything covered to protect you from the sun, but you also want to stay as cool as possible so that you don't over heat. Those of us that wear armor are going to have a tougher time staying cool in the desert sun than those of you that just wear robes. Finally, I suggest that once we all enter the desert that you keep your faces covered as well. Once again, you have to keep your skin protected. Also, I would suggest to those of us that wear armor that when we take a break, we take our armor off to clean it of whatever sand might get in it, and to help cool our bodies down."

"As for your pack animals, they could be useful. Though, there isn't water in the desert unless we stumble upon an oasis," she says. "Once we find the bandit's trail, there is no telling how long of a journey that we will have," she says.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I don't think Wittchen is a pack animal, really" Babushka says. "And she#s going to be quite more sensitive than dekker. If we find a good place for her to stay, we should probably not take her along.

As for clothing, I would need something else. Nearly all my things are made of wool. And seeing the way women are covered in the streets here, I don't think my underwear would do, even if it is long-sleeved and long-legged. But maybe it will have to, I'm too large around the waist for children's clothes"
she says with a smile.

(ooc: just think about it... bloomers and studded leather armor... :lol: )
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I am uncertain about leaving Wittchen here, she is skittish and I fear she will not be well cared for. Do you know of someone who might care for her suitably? I will of course pay adequately." Jerrard frowns a moment, "I wear no armor, my robes are all I need and my magic, we can buy scarves, extra rations, although it appears you would be better doing so on our behalf."

"Hmmmm." He glances at Babuskha, "Yes your Undergarments would not be suitable, perhaps we can buy a normal robe and you can adapt it on the way?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I have my Robe and other clothes. We Kender don't really wear armor you see." Locky glances around the Study, her eyes fixing on numerous items that looked interesting.

"The desert doesn't sound fun, if I am honest, but I can't leave your Sister alone like that." Locky adds, her fingers go through her top knot, stroking the length slowly.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jerrard only has a single steel on him, as most of his money was converted into platinum and placed in a chest that's currently with Dekker. Nonetheless, the boy, Nejo is quite pleased to have even a full steel. "My thanks!" he says, running off.

=======

Jerrard gives Nejo a steel piece.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka frowns slightly. "I don't think a robe is good for me, it will hinder my movements when it comes to a fight. I would prefer clothes like Imani has them. Do you think there is a place where we could quickly find simple things in my size?" she asks the woman.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani looks over the gnome, as if she was trying to decide if she had anything that would fit her. "I am sure we can find something for you," she finally says with a nod. "As for your horse, it is up to you on what you do with her. We can take her if you wish, but remember she needs to be well cared for as we are traveling the desert. Horses are well taken care of in Khur. The Khan's stables would be the best place to keep her if you wished to keep her here."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(ooc: Forgive the Kender, she is a little lost in this conversation, she just wants to get out there now.)

"Can I get a scarf too?" Locky asks with a grin, the thought of shopping exciting her. "And I think Wittchen would like it in the Stables."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Indeed Locky." The Mage ruffles the obviously bored Kenders hair before turning back to Imani and Babuskha. "Very well, we will get the mounts, if you can arrange the clothes? Is there anywhere we can meet? I would prefer it if you could arrange the stabling."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I suppose we can meet just outside the inn in which we met," Imani said. "I assume that is where you friend is? Though, before we leave, there is something here that I must take care of," she explains. "Once that is done, I'l help Locky and Babushka with finding scarves and proper clothing for this trip."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Agreed" Babushka says. As they are ushered out of the Khan's palace, she keeps silent and close to Jerrard.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"That would be best, thank you." Jerrard smiles, giving Imani a nod. "We will collect our things." Seeing Babuskha's reaction he pulls the Gnome close, trying to protect her he ensures she is wrapped in his Cloak.

"Stay close to me, do not let anything you see trouble you." His left arm strokes her neck softly, "Locky." He adds with a note of alarm. "Stay by me, please."