Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Borderlands II - This is the current game thread

Second Edition AD&D

A gritty "low-fantasy" game in which the line between right and wrong may occasionally blur, set in a non-canon Greyhawk-based world.

Moderator: Stik

Forum rules
Players should expect to post two to three times per week. 

Players should have a working knowledge of Second Edition AD&D

Experienced adult/mature players are preferred.

No munchkins allowed, and min-maxing will be frowned upon.

Core rulebooks and "Complete" series books will be used.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread

Post by Jenara »

"As i said before, we want to bring an end to this.. I am sorry.. your Uncle, I fear the worst." Happy that Dida would be safe she gives a sad little smile. "We did what we could. I'm sorry it couldn't have been more."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

[OOC] Jen - In case I was not clear in the description, the group was at this villa earlier today. This is the vineyard/villa of Larus Mano, that Quintus sacked a few days ago, taking the adults and leaving a few children behind. The boy is Larus Patric, nephew of the late owner of this villa.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Has ari ever heard or experienced anything like that with divine healing before?]
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Stik wrote:[OOC] Jen - In case I was not clear in the description, the group was at this villa earlier today. This is the vineyard/villa of Larus Mano, that Quintus sacked a few days ago, taking the adults and leaving a few children behind. The boy is Larus Patric, nephew of the late owner of this villa.
Ok let me amend that post.. for Angel it was hours ago for me months.
Ok post above edited. Hope it makes more sense now.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Jenara wrote:Ok let me amend that post.. for Angel it was hours ago for me months.
[OOC] Sad, but true. At the tabletop, this would have been: "Oh, no. We're going back to where we started." Given the lag of PBMB, that was lost. [/OOC]

TristenC wrote:[Has ari ever heard or experienced anything like that with divine healing before?]
This is a new experience for Ari. But then again, it's unlike Ari has ever before tried to heal a priest of a deity that doesn't approve of healing.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Liri looks at Patric, then asks him quietly. "I take it that you barely have and food? Let me see how much, maybe we can arrange for supplies."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Galanis gets close to Liri and whispers, "I can run on half rations for a while but I don't know how much it will help these people if I spare that. Whatever you calculate you can add it to your decision." Although he tries to smile generously, his face turns somewhat frightening at the thought of losing food instead of gaining more, which is his preferred state.
He then continues whispering to Liri, "What you make of it? Are we back at square one or do you think Dida, now rested and more secured, can gives us some clues how to go forward?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I hope she can tell us things" Liri whispers back to Galanis.

[OOC:] Either that or we need time to re-read what has happened since we left the camp. It's hard to keep things in mind with the delays we have in this game.[\OOC]
There's more to me than meets the eye...
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Stik wrote:
Jenara wrote:Ok let me amend that post.. for Angel it was hours ago for me months.
[OOC] Sad, but true. At the tabletop, this would have been: "Oh, no. We're going back to where we started." Given the lag of PBMB, that was lost. [/OOC]

TristenC wrote:[Has ari ever heard or experienced anything like that with divine healing before?]
This is a new experience for Ari. But then again, it's unlike Ari has ever before tried to heal a priest of a deity that doesn't approve of healing.
[fair point. thanks]

Ari shakes his head confused and discouraged at the failed attempt; sticking to more mundane first-aid techniques. He follows the group.
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Inside the compound, things have not changed much since earlier, although Patric has done some more work to secure the main gate, and has apparently found himself a proper spear at some point during the day.
"We have enough food for a few days, depending upon how many we must feed. After that, I shall have to hunt, or live on grapes." Patric says solemnly. "We shall not want for drink, though; we have a good well, and wine aplenty."

Dida, for her part, is quiet, and has very little to offer, other than that there was a commotion downstairs, and that she fled to the upper floor to shelter little Claudia.

Although the group has only visited a couple of local villas, the pattern is obvious. Quintus has been recruiting, and those who do not join willingly have been slain and brought back as zombies. Only the children were spared.

Vani looks near death despite Ari's best efforts, and Egg's assistance. Working together, the two are able to remove the arrows and stabilize the young man, but he does not regain consciousness. Egg suggests sleeping in shifts in case Vani needs help during the night, but there's not much more to do than keep Vani still and make sure the wounds don't reopen.

True to his word, Patric brings a few bottles of wine from the cellar and sets them on a table in the main room of the villa, along with several earthenware cups and some bread and cheese. Dida is ravenous, and Patric actually takes half of his share out of his plate and puts it on hers.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"We can try to help a little, our rations are meagre but we can share what we can." Angel offers her eyes half on Patric and half on Dida. Nodding in understanding she surveys the villa with a critical eye.

"'This has to stop, it must, the land and the people can't keep going like this." She speaks fixing her bright eyes on the boy. "You will care for her, of that I am thankful, she and the Girl are precious."

"Patric, will you help me stop this? I need to find him, Quintus, to bring him to suffer for the things he has done, only, we cant do that alone. We need someone who knows the terrain, the surroundings, is there someone you can spare to help? We will feed them, protect them." Her eyes fall on Vani, "He is a foolish boy." Discounting his injuries she continues, "I am asking you as someone who wants to help, but I cant do that without yours first."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Patric ponders Angel's question, for a moment before speaking, during which time his eyes wander towards a door off the main room. "I want to help you. But I am the man of this house now, and I have people who are relying on my. I am not the only survivor here, just the oldest."

"I am willing to give you any information I can. I want Quintus to pay for what he did to my house, and these others. And any gear you need from this house is yours, just say so."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"You are gracious, so very gracious." Angel responds to Patric listening to his suggestion, "I will check to see if anyone needs anything, but we would not take anything, in case you could use or might need it. What we need is direction, a map perhaps? Someway of knowing the land and where he might be hiding."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

=======================================
(OOC: Can't we track back the route of the zombies? I bet they leave a lot of marks, such as tracks, ruined bushes, skin, flesh, bones and other body parts :))
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

BishGada wrote:=======================================
(OOC: Can't we track back the route of the zombies? I bet they leave a lot of marks, such as tracks, ruined bushes, skin, flesh, bones and other body parts :))
[OOC] Is that Galanis talking, or BG? [/OOC]