Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 16: Homecoming

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 16: Homecoming

Post by Chris1234 »

"Would you have time to tell me about the Children of Meer?" asks Naras. "And if there are any chores I can help you with, I'd be really pleased to be able to be useful."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros keeps distance from the group, having nothing to contribute he tries some of the tricks he taught Hopper using only signs with his hands, head or eyes. He commands him to stay, jump, growl and play dead. As Hopper is only a puppy Baeros teaches him only simple stuff but it occurs to him it is time to start teaching him more complex tricks. As the puppy sometimes misses following the commands, Takit mimics Baeros's dissatisfaction and shows him the right way to do them.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn, Ouragana, Baeros, Gallath and Drav (The Hold)
"I can sense fiend blood," Penta responds, "because...it is my birthright. Everyone in my family can do so, it is in our blood. And if you truly are a priestess of Octhanus, you should be able to see for yourself that I speak the truth."

Naishe crosses her arms and looks at Penta skeptically through the window in the door. "Wait a minute," she says, her eyes lighting up with understanding. "That's it. You aren't human. Not completely, anyway. Are you?"

Penta slams her fist against the door. "Demon, it does not matter what I am! I will be the last thing you see in this world!"

(OOC: Breila, I mentioned this before when you asked about imps, but I really doubt Ouragana knows much at all about the planes. She's made her lack of interest in religion pretty apparent and has also not shown any interest in summoning or conjuring (Grease is her only spell in that school), so I don't think she knows much more than the very basics. I'd say the stuff in the PHB and DMG pretty much sums up what she would know about the subject.)

Naras Stonebreaker (The Stores)
Hofur shrugs. "Like I said before, if you don't have any sailing skills, you'd just get in the way. There aren't any chores you could help with."

He scratches his beard. "You don't know of the Children of Meer? They're a cult of water genasi. Think that they're the 'future' and that they can bridge the gap between the surface races and the races of Meer; the underwater peoples. They think if all surface folk are water genasi, we can cross between those two worlds with ease, bringing peace. So basically, they want to take over the world. Just not in the way you might think." He snorts. "They do it with breeding. Aye, they'll offer their bodies to whoever wants them, no cost. A big cult of prostitutes that don't charge any money. Only caveat is that any babies born of such unions are turned over to them."

He shakes his head. "Real popular among sailors. Big boat sails up next to yours, full of gorgeous men and women who will hop into bed with you, no questions asked. And if someone gets pregnant, you don't have to worry about it, pay for it, or marry anyone. They take the kids and raise 'em to be cultists, too."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

As Penta shows violence signs Baeros tenses and so does his dogs.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"I see. No, not really heard of them before. The one I was chasing was definitely an air genasi. Heard anything about them? And why would they go for Paradise City?" continues Naras hopefully.
Last edited by Chris1234 on Sun May 15, 2016 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Wouldn't that mean that you have a...fiend blood within you too?" Jocelyn asks.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"And what, then, is the difference between a fiend and a demon?" Ouragana follows.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros takes few quick steps to Jocelyn and whispers in her ear, "Are you sure making her angry is the right way to handle the situation?" but since he is too stressed near her his stand is not completely stable and he touches her ear with his nose.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn, Ouragana, Baeros, Gallath and Drav (The Hold)
"A 'fiend' is just a catch-all term for any being from the lower planes," Naishe explains. "Demons, devils and daemons are all considered fiends. Demons, specifically, are from the Abyss. Or...so I've heard."

At Jocelyn's question, Penta's face twists into rage. "You...dare?! I am--" she slams her fist against the door, "--no--," she hits it a second time, "DEMON!" When she strikes the door a third time, it comes right off its hinges, landing with a thud. Penta's eyes glow white, and a pair of translucent feathered wings that seem made out of light protrude from her back.

She steps forward, but then the light flickers and fades, as does the wings. She drops to her knees, still obviously exhausted. In a flash, Sierra leaps at her, kicking her prone to the ground. She plants one boot between Penta's shoulder blades, and points her loaded crossbow at the base of her skull. "Okay then...let's not blow any holes in my ship."

Sierra nods to a nearby crate. "There are some manacles in there. Somebody fetch 'em. Assuming they can hold a...whatever she is."

"Aasimar," Naishe says with distaste. "Honestly, a demon would have been preferable. At least they don't judge you while they rend you limb from limb."

Hofur shrugs. "Don't really know of any air genasi. Well, I knew of one in my youth. She was a Storm Sorceress aboard one of the first ships I served on. But I never got to know her; can't even remember her name. I always keep my distance from those folks."

He continues, "Paradise City? Well, it's the capital of Vaneil. It's full of gold. If I were going to start a war, that seems a better target to me. Narin is a podunk. If it were wiped off the map, nobody would care--well, 'cept for the people that live there, I mean. It's got no strategic value, that I can see."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val climbs to the crows nest, completely ignorant of what is going on in the hold.

val
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn takes a step back away from the woman with wide eyes as she wasn't quite expecting what she just saw. "I really was absent the day this was taught to me," she says. "What is an Aasimar?"
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Well thanks, Hofur. You've been great. I think there's a Storm Sorceress aboard; I'll see if she can offer any illumination," responds Naras. "I don't understand the 'Son of Crizza's' interest in Narin either. Said he would bring war. I think he's more interested in the pain and chaos than actually conquering the place. I can try to investigate in Paradise City, but right now I'm tied to where this boat goes. It's not as if I've got anywhere shouting for my attention."

The kohan stretches with a satisfying yawn. "The air genasai did say that he had an agent or traitor aboard. Any thoughts on that? I sippose I could wander round with a 'Detect Charm' running."
Last edited by Chris1234 on Mon May 16, 2016 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

As Penta moves forward Baeros quickly moves to stand between them. He unsheathe his swords but stops in the middle when it is obvious there is no immediate danger. He silently moves back but grumbles, "Told you!", in almost a whisper.
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Gallath stiffens at the sight of the wings. "Well, this is interesting, isn't it?" He goes to fetch Thaddeus quickly, promising him "something interesting".
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana had raised her hands to begin the Hold Person incantation, but seeing Sierra handle the situation, she stops before really beginning the spell.

She turns to Gallath and Naishe: "Why don't we all assemble somewhere and you tell us what these beings are? demons, aasimar, and whatever else is out there?"
There's more to me than meets the eye...