Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Time to prepare

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
Robbo
Artisan
Artisan
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Time to prepare

Post by Robbo »

Eager to see what this is all about, Gunter gets up and motions Brax to his empty seat.

"Take a few minutes to refresh yourself Brax, the ale is top-shelf tonight." He then turns to Geraldine, "we might as well do this now, if you're willing?"
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"Thank you, Geraldine. It was my great pleasure to contribute to the well-being of this lovely town. And the gratitude of the citizenry is reward enough, so don't go troubling yourself visiting the most wealthy townsfolk to gather the reward monies they are most certainly interested in donating. Unless of course you have already done so, in which case, well, who am I to refuse such a generous outpouring of goodwill. No? Oh, well." He pretends to sulk momentarily, then smiles as an idea hits him.

"Perhaps, Kim, we might both visit Master Soulstaff after conversing with Miss Geraldine, or before, as it suits you. I have been meaning to call upon him these past few days, to talk shop, so to speak, but have had other commitments."
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Placing her hand on Gunters side for a moment she nods, "I could do with some wine, and then I will be free to talk Constable. After that I am going to drink Master Searos under the table." She grins, and sits slowly.

"The mounts are restless, you should check on them." She comments to Searos, Gunter and Kim.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Reller arches his brow and says. "I would expect that the donations are made with some angst. The people of this village are kind, but the wealthy among us tend to enjoy their wealth however kind at heart. They rarely part with it well."
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Then you will come first?" Geraldine asks Gunter, totally ignoring Martin's remark about donations. She lets him pass the inn door first, and together they head to the constabulary, making some conversation if Gunter starts it, Geraldine greeting passersbys in a friendly manner. In the constabulary, Geraldine goes into her office and offers Gunter a seat. She herself sits behind her desk and readies some notepaper.

"You arrived with Eret's last caravan, didn't you? Please tell me about it, Anything you observed, I am at this point just gathering material."

(Info about Eret's caravan are in the OOC thread)

Kim turns to Martin. "I'm afraid we will have to see Mr. Soulstaff separately. Some of what I need to discuss concerns magic, and we mages do not allow others to join these conversations as a rule."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Weapons you say?" Brax asks as she takes her seat, "Weapons smugglers and Knolls? What an interesting combination..." She comments as she waves the barman over, "A glass of red if I may?"

"Has anyone made sense of the map, and what is your part in this Reller?" She slips her cloak off her shoulders, "What skills do you possess?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Breila wrote:Kim turns to Martin. "I'm afraid we will have to see Mr. Soulstaff separately. Some of what I need to discuss concerns magic, and we mages do not allow others to join these conversations as a rule."
"Huh. That suggests that I am not a mage." Martin replies. "And if that's the case, I invite you to define the term. Because if your definition includes being skilled and schooled in various mystical, arcane arts, capable of bending and tweaking energies and elements to suit the will then, well, that'd be me. That's what I meant when I said I want to 'talk shop' with the man. I do fake magic on stage, because it's impressive. But I can do the real thing when the need arises.

"I just thought it would be an opportunity for you and I to get to know each other better. Or do I need to have some kind of special badge or signet ring or diploma, or know a secret handshake, to be in your club?"

Martin's tone is friendly, more teasing than argumentative, cajoling rather than debating. He doesn't care so much whether Soulstaff or Kim respects his abilities as he does for getting a look inside Soulstaff's abode, particularly if he can see where the barrel of potion is being stored, and what obstacles would have to be surmounted to get to it.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Robbo
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Robbo »

Gunter snorts derisively at the mention of the caravan.

"If you mean the people we met on the road day or two ago, then yes, we saw them. I have to say, I was not impressed. Almost had it out with one bonehead before Brax went into the leader's tent for a chat. I'm not sure what they talked about but it was fast and then we were out of there."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Geraldine looks a bit confused at Gunter's words. Then her expression clears up. "Oh, you have met a caravan out of Dunreese? No, that was not what I meant. I was talking about the one you came into Saltmarsh with."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Robbo
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Robbo »

(there's that low INT!)

"Oh oh...right. Eret. Good man...I guess. Didn't really get to talk to him much, he was too busy ordering everybody about and making sure we didn't get too close to the cargo. A couple times, I offered to help out with some of the heavy lifting but they kept shooing me away. Come to think of it we never did really find out what all we were hauling. Quick tip though, if you ever meet him, don't ask for a drink."
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Reller leans over and tells Brax after they talk about the caravan. "I'm just the local wizard, and I do some magic. However, I must say that your friend here works magic even if he thinks it is real. It is not an easy thing to entertain a crowd. As for my part, I helped with some burning and did some research for our local government. Though, this whole thing has me intrigued."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Local wizard? Ever noticed that for a small town this place is teeming with talented wizards?" She asks curiously, waiting on her wine. "This whole place has me intrigued... What do you know of sailing?" She adds, leaning on close. "There is talk of taking a voyage."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

"Long time helper in the area. Nets, sails, and fishing are what I do on the boats." Reller explains. Pausing, he asks. "Are you looking for help?"
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos snorts, clearly getting more drunk. "Too many damned wizards in the world as it is..."
Do YOU know the muffin man?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Frankly yes, I have only just learnt to swim, I know nothing of boats... Drake claims he does... Amon was the man who knew boats." Smiling she glances at Searos, "I think we need help, but... Can we trust you?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi