Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 1: The Arrival

Dragonlance Game, 3-6 PCs at levels 1-3, set in 375 AC, using DLQ1 (Knight's Sword) and DLQ2 (Flint's Axe)

Moderator: JadedDM

Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Day One (The Arrival)

Post by Jerrard »

Offering Galeyne a hand the would be Knight pulls her up onto his horse.

"Perhaps the shoulder ride is suited to another time, who knows what we will encounter in the weeks to come." He muses. "I guess you can put your arms around me, if you like." Erastlin actually blushes at that statement.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Jinali? Do you take my offer, then?" Karathos asks the half-elf mage.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Thanks," Galenye says. She takes a moment to get herself more comfortable upon the horse before she slips her arms around Erastlin. Luckily for him, she doesn't notice his blushing.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Erastin's horse slows down to about half speed while bearing both Erastin and Galeneye (and all of their gear), but fortunately they aren't riding very fast to begin with, but slowly moseying toward the tower so those on foot can keep up.
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

"OK, I don't like to be the only person on foot" Jinali answers Karathos. "But are you sure that your feet can carry us both without hurting?"
I am NOT sweet!
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Karathos chuckles. "Jinali, minotaur warriors are trained to march all day with heavy gear, ignoring how their feet feel. And besides, I have proven I can carry you easily, haven't I?" His big brown eyes look at Jinali with a mix of fondness and amusement.

(ooc: I have assumed Jinali to be of medium weight for a famale half-elf, so Jinali and their gear weigh approx. 154 pounds, that would mean no encumbrance for someone with strength 18/51 and up, and Karathos has 19)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

(OOC: Holy cow, pardon the pun, but she's right. Karathos can carry 485 lbs before even becoming lightly encumbered!)
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"If we are all ready, shall we go to the Tower?" Erastlin asks, turning to the group.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

After another hour, they reach the Tower of the High Clerist.

The clear, bold notes of trumpets greet the party as they ride through the gates. The excitement felt by all is nearly palpable, electrifying the air. Once inside the large courtyard, young grooms rush forward to relieve Erastin of his horse and Targin of his pony.

There are guards stationed around the walls of the tower, keeping a vigilant eye on all comings and goings. A few people raise eyebrows at the sight of the minotaur, but there is no confrontation.

As the horse and pony are being taken away to the stables, a harried-looking Knight of the Crown approaches the party. "Welcome to the High Clerist's Tower," he says in a soft-spoken manner, more befitting of a librarian than a warrior. "I am Sir Rateliff, Knight of the Crown. I've been put in charge of greeting all of the new recruits that arrive. The Knightly Council will be beginning soon, on the 11th floor of the tower. If you have any questions during your stay here, I'm the one to ask. But I strongly suggest you proceed immediately to High Council Hall," he says in a tone that brooks no disobedience.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"Aye Sir Rateliff, well met. In the interest of time, can you lead us there?"

The dwarf gives a slight nod of his head to the knight.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Posted from Jen's phone.

Erastlin aids Galenye off his horse, before dismounting himself.

"Thank you Sir Rateliff." He turns to the group smiling. "Lets go, follow the others I suppose." he stands near Targin. Before heading to the 11th floor. (I assume there are others?)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Karathos lets Jinali down from his shoulders and bows to the Knight of the Crown. "Does the invitation extend to all of us, Sir Rateliff, or are we companions expected to go elsewhere?" he asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"The invitation extends to the whole group, although only the knight candidate is required to attend," Rateliff explains.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"After you Erastin. This is your day."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I would like you all to accompany me." He smiles, putting an arm around Galenye he ushers them all to the stairs. "If you wish?"