Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

WotL OOC Thread III

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: WotL OOC Thread III

Post by TristenC »

Whew, I was worried he might try to pin it all on Gobax for a second there :lol:
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Congrats you two on winning that fight against the spiders. Giant spiders can be very nerve-wracking to fight in 2e, as we were reminded of the hard way ^^.
Veni Vidi Vici
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

TY. Ne-Chanz did all the hard work though.
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

I can make stuff dead real good.

RIP Felrodo Baggins.

Ne-Sam pays respects.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Right now I’m sort of caught in indecision on if Haahqae going back to the keep right now and saying “Hey guys, fixed your rats in the bathroom problems yet” is way too moronic or not. Also trying to figure out if it’s in character or not.

He knows that they’re searching for him and are ordered to arrest him on sight, but he wants them to think that he’s been outside the keep the whole time. He has a couple of flimsy lies ready to explain his absence, and he doesn’t know that they have lie detection available. He no longer has anything he stole from the keep, but they might find it suspicious that he’s now carting around 1000 steel of spices and incenses, which are likely to be fragrant no matter what his efforts to conceal the smell are.

However, if he doesn’t go back and say hi, then he just vanished into thin air with no alibi. He doesn’t want to leave 1000 steel of spices unguarded until he can use them up, and using them takes a day. And he wants to go back to the keep eventually to tell them that they either need to start paying him (and cleaning the toilets) or he’s quitting.
Veni Vidi Vici
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Re: CH. 12: Testing Grounds

Post by Chris1234 »

{OOC: @Ne-Chanz. No intent to short change you. So you can take it that Shima has told you the totals as he went along. We can do the share outs when we get out of the place.
That ok?}
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

(OOC: Yeah, that's cool. We can split it 50/50. Unless you die. Then I get it all. LOL)
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Is withdraw in lieu of an attack? Or can it be a conditional withdraw? e.g. fallback until it's within range then strike it..
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

No, you can attack and then withdraw, but it will take longer. You can only move half your normal movement rate if you attack, instead of all of your movement rate when you don't attack. But withdrawing means moving 1/3 your normal movement rate, so to withdraw and attack means moving 1/2 of 1/3 of your movement rate. Which I think for Shima means moving back 10 feet per round as opposed to 30 feet per round if he doesn't attack.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

In character I can't really see any compelling reason to have Haahqae do anything except go back to the tankard and start casting the summon familiar ritual (it can be done in his private room right?). Out of character, I feel like I shouldn't be ending my chapter on only page 20 and I should find something else for Haahqae to do. However, I think in this case I'll have to go with the in-character action and see what may come when Haahqae gets back to the inn.
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

He can perform it anywhere, including his room. (Although I imagine burning all of that incense and herb in his room will really stink up the place for awhile.)
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Well, it's better to stink up his own room then to roll 20 hours on the ritual and have a patrol interrupt his spell before it's finished, insisting on him keeping curfew. Less chance of his risking his life being for naught.
Veni Vidi Vici
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Does the elemental plain of fire exist in 2nd edition + dragonlance, and if yes would Haahqae know about it?
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The elemental plane of fire does exist (although it's not actually a full plane, but an emanation from the Hidden Vale into the Gray, and is a pocket of the transitive realm that is dominated by the element of fire).

As for whether Haahqae would know about it...well, it's hardly common knowledge. But he has the spellcraft proficiency and has been doing a lot of magical research, so it seems likely he would at least be familiar with it.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

{OOC: Sanity check: each square is 5'x5' ? And 7 squares for Shima to get to round two corners to the exit door to the south (where he entered)? And then 8 squares to where Ne-Chanz was last shown to be standing? Or is there an unknown gap between the entry (southern) door from the Shima's current map segment to the exit (northern) door of the previous map segment?}