Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

LSO OOC Thread II

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: LSO OOC Thread II

Post by chese780 »

Weren't we all supposed to get 2 magic items each? :)
Characters:
Drav - Lost Souls: Octhania
Elf - Fighter/Thief - Smith
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

There were a number of items the party missed. Heck, there was one entire room they didn't even go in (which was odd, as it was actually open). I'll go over that in detail when the chapter ends, though.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Hi Jaded!
I guess this is where this query should go (please advise if not):
Naras's kit, she should be carrying 6lb less (trail rations and not standard rations) and not the small shield. Relevant references are:

Dec 20, 2015 9:43 am: “Realising that she is starting to carry a bit too much, Naras gets out a pair of pitons and the standard rations and asks, "Pearl would you mind carrying these, please, if they won't slow you down?"

Dec 21, 2015 2:05 am: “When Pearl has finished putting on the hide amour, if she chooses to, Naras leads the way back to the previous encampment (of the human & half-elf), taking the 2H-sword, longsword. small shield and 2 bottles of wine, leaving all of the same behind the pile of logs.

Dec 21, 2015 9:11 am: “OOC: Just noticed that Pearl carries the trail rations (1lb); Naras intended to get her to carry the standard rations (2 lb).
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Okay, small shield and long sword removed and rations are swapped out.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Thanks v much

Jaded,
I know this works against me, but in the interests of honesty, I think that Naras's kit's weight is now 84.1lb and not 81.1lb.
Possibly a keypad error.
If you tell me "no, work on 81.1" then that's fine by me. Just wanted to be honest about what I thought though.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

I redid the calculations and got 80 pounds exactly. Then I did it a second time and got 79.2 pounds. I think the conclusion here is I'm way too tired to be doing math now. I'll run them again tomorrow and see if I can get something more consistent. :lol:
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

OK, thanks. Sorry to be a pedant on this. Just don't want to be potentially going into combat with unnecessary penalties.
Am happy to keep going and nail the detail on what is discarded so as to achieve a penalty-free movement thereafter..
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Well... I did expect the book to be trapped, but that's a particular cruel trap! (This is not meant as a complaint.) Now the base of the little self-esteem and sense of purpose in life that Ouragana had is gone. What's left for her? Time will tell.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Wait, you expected the book to be trapped but you didn't take any preventive measures? What if the trap had been Explosive Runes or a Fire Trap? Ouragana has 6 HP and Thaddeus has 1 remaining. You'd have killed them both (and possibly set fire to the ship). That seems an incredibly risky chance to have taken.

Luckily that wasn't the case and the only one to pay for her mistake is herself, though. :lol:
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jaded,
Do you need me to put more into the the dwarf's turn (than just casting a single spell)?
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

No, if that's all she wants to do in the round, that's fine.

I've just been very swamped at work and haven't had time to update as frequently as I have in the past.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

To be honest, I as a player know far too little about magic to know what preventive measures one could take. And at this time, with Christmas to arrange for an extended family, I didn't have the time to look it up. I kind of had hoped that Thaddeus would intervene if she had been too foolish.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Ah, well as luck would have it, I assumed the Wyvern wouldn't trap a book with an explosion in his own mansion--too high a risk of destroying his own stuff.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Oh, I thought sleep lasted until woken. Doh.
Also, on finding out it was 10' / round, the dwarf would more effectively cancelled the Hold spell and made the tied up woman (#8) walk for herself.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Are the lockpicks worth 30 g? (sell for 15g)?