Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

WotL OOC Thread II

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: WotL OOC Thread II

Post by TristenC »

:rolllaugh:
yeah. :roll:
One other thing is certain. Grubnick's opinion of gnomes has not improved. If I die in my first combat from getting involved with that gmone I'm gonna be a little miffed ;)

let's see. The girls are easier on the eyes, even if he didn't go into the temple he might meet that musician again, he'd be with a fellow priest working against the dragon queen...

Yep. Definitely not in the right crowd.
Perhaps I can do the most good here, however... :D
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Indeed. Plus, Kendra and Arulia are less likely to turn Grubnick in for heresy to grab a quick cash reward. :lol:
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

I'm hoping they'll feel indebted after saving their lives... if any of us get out alive :roll:

Phase 1: don't die. [COMPLETE]
Phase 2: get out alive [IN PROGRESS]

Since he failed his TWO saves (stupid MR from being yuan-t... I mean 'snake man'..) we might actually survive this... barely...

I wonder what mgbevan would have thought about returning to a 'roll-new-char' notice...
We may yet find out!
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

I'm wondering when mgbevan will return, myself. He said in September, which is now...although he didn't specify when in September.

Hopefully spyguy and chese start posting soon, as well.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Wow. Romance and chivalry are still alive, eh Arulia/djhyland?
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

Given that Arulia cold-heartedly turned town such a thoughtful and heart-felt proposal of love, I'd say that chivalry and romance are dead.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

A Knight of Solamnia, he isn't. :lol:

Should I roll another random encounter or did you having something specific in mind for Arulia to do, djhyland?
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Just took a look back at the old ooc thread for details on the 'diety attention' front and randomly ran across this old post of mine...
TristenC said:

Yeah :) why do I suddenly feel like a chipmunk sticking his nose into a snake pit...
:P :(
It seems Grubnick has some prophetic ability, given his current circumstances...
:lmao: :cry:
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

Well, Arulia would like to wait for Kendra, but she certainly won't be going anywhere near the temple of the Dragon Queen unless she's forced to do so. Since she doesn't know when Kendra's going to come back, though, she'll probably come to Norris's house the next day...it wouldn't do to hang around Norris's alone when he'd wonder what she did with Kendra. Without other options she'll go home, so go ahead with the random encounters!
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

And awayyyyyy we gooooooo....
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Wakey wakey Haahque ;)
Please don't get us killed after I went through all of that ;) I'm liable to do it myself yet
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

I had suspected that with -9 the rogue archer didn't have a good chance to hit me, but I just noticed that he had a TN of 13, that means even rolling a 20 he wouldn't have hit me, if it weren't for the rule that a natural 20 always hits.

Now my question is did Haahqae hear Grubnick say he shouldn't go to the temple, because that sounds exactly like what he wants to do.

It appears that Tulbas is a prisoner in that hideout, Haahqae and Gregeddin couldn't overpower the guards while they were (relitively) unwounded and with a 3rd person as an ally. Now they're both pretty near death and the longer they delay the more likely something bad will happen to Tulbas and/or the new goblin that seems unusually helpful for his race. Furthermore, it appears that the cultists here aren't very talkative.

The solution? Go back to the temple and bring an army of soldiers to clean out the den and rescue his friends. The only problems that he may remember (at some point, if he's lucky) with this plan is that he doesn't have the official papers for the quest, Tulbas has those, and that bringing in an army could destroy some things he'd rather left intact in the hideout.
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Gobax wrote:In a louder voice so the rogue can hear, he finishes his conversation with the two new allies "Don't tell the temple about this place. Meet me tonight. If you don't hear from me, bring everything you can and burn this place to the ground."
Gobax said this after reviving Haahqae, so he would have heard that, yeah.

And yeah, just reporting the location of the cult lair to the temple would be sufficient for completing the job. They could send in the army to wipe it out, but as you point out, they'll likely confiscate any goodies inside and there's no guarantee they won't kill Tulbas along with the cultists (especially since he is pretending to be one of them now).

On the other hand, the only way Gregeddin and Haahqae can finish this job themselves is to wait for tomorrow then ask the temple for healing. And waiting could be deadly for Tulbas and who knows what the clerics of Takhisis will ask in return for their help?
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Craaaaaap... I'm trying to cut a deal to get him out of here. C'mon, gimmie a chance, man!

Sonova :blob2:

sorry, couldn't find a facepalm or slam-head-into-wall emotion...
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Of course there is an alternative that -probably- doesn't involve the temple and -nearly- guarantees Tulbas's swift rescue. I find it very unlikely that Magus would kill his disciple after he went to all that work to get Tulbas's grudging obedience.

Of course, that doesn't guarantee that the temple won't be involved, but Haahqae might like to see some high-level spells flying around. He does like shows like that.

Also it doesn't guarantee well treatment of goblins that may have found themselves caught up in this affair without knowledge of the church, Magus or Tulbas.
Veni Vidi Vici