Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 11: Dark Side of the Mond

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 11: Dark Side of the Mond

Post by JadedDM »

To the west is the direction the party came from, back toward the ship.

To the east comes the sound of sudden swordfighting--steel clashing against steel. There is much shouting, as well.

To the north, the sky illuminates as a building suddenly explodes into flame with a resounding boom. Numerous screams are heard.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn looks towards the sounds of steel against steel and the exploding building. "More people need help," Jocelyn says before she looks back to the elf. "Is there a temple to Octhanus in this place?" she asks. "Or somewhere, where you might be safer than on the streets or at the docks?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

For a moment, Ouragana had thought about shining her light towards shte sound of fighting, to see what was going on, but then remembered this would give them away and so she shields the coin in her hand, just giving them enough light to clearly see each other.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeos looks at the elf and Jocelyn, then east. He seems torn up with the decision. "I think you stabilized him. Maybe you can heal him and hide him here. We should go east to see what's happening. Those red toads might be there. Andar can watch over you and after you hide this guy" he gestures to the elf, "join us." he then looks at Ouragana, "If I take the coin will it still illuminate the way? I need it to see our path." Baeros starts to move to Ouragana in order to take the coin and move with her east.
=======================
(OOC: Sorry for the delay. I see a lot happened here. :) )
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn wrote:"Is there a temple to Octhanus in this place? Or somewhere, where you might be safer than on the streets or at the docks?"
"The only temples in this city belong to the Mad God," the elf says. The 'Mad God' is something of a slur that refers to Crizza. It's often used by believers of Gonto. "There is a small shrine dedicated to the other gods, though. It's north of here, by the town square. The only other place I can think of that might be safe is the sewers. The manhole covers might be too small for the monsters to fit in."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana keeps the coin in her hand, pulling it away from Bearos's reach. "Wait, Bearos, we should not separate, I think" she explains. "And you should not take the coin in your hand, you'll need them for your weapons."

This remark reminds her that she'll need her hands for spellcasting as well. She pulls up her shawl and gives it a few twists so that it becomes a headdress, with a fold on the forehead where she can slip in the bright coin so that its light is only dimmed by one layer of thin cloth. But for the time being, the coin is still held in her hand to give some light only to the group. This can be done while they move to bring the elf to wherever he and Jocelyn decide he's safe.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"OK, keep the coin but stay behind me and light the way." Baeros says starting moving east. After few steps he looks back, "Arie, Ouragana, Val, follow me. Andar and Jocelyn if you don't want to separate come too just keep that person in the middle of the group but don't let him delay our movement too much."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn didn't really feel great about leading an all ready injured man towards danger, but she didn't want to break up her group. "Andar, help me with him," she says. "Baeros, Arelion, you are going to have to make sure nothing attacks us." With that said, she takes the time to place a cure light wounds upon the elf.

Cure Light Wounds (7)
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"Lead on, but be careful." Val says as she moves with the group.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn says a prayer and places a hand on the elf's chest. A blue glow envelops her and then moves through her arm and hand, down into the elf's chest. The claw wound heals completely, leaving no sign that it ever existed in the first place. The elf touches his new healed chest, then scratches at it a bit. "Thank you...but strange, it itches."

The party continues east, toward the sound of fighting. After awhile, they come to another intersection. This one continues east, toward the city's eastern wall, and to the north. Near the intersection, a large mob of people are fighting each other. It's difficult to tell who is on what side; it looks more like a wild free-for-all. Men and women of various ages and races attack each other with daggers, short swords, cutlasses and belaying pins. The entire area is well-lit, as a number of them are carrying torches and lanterns.

Off to the side two familiar faces fight each other (well, familiar to all save Baeros). One is a middle-aged male dwarf. He's wide as a barrel, with a scruffy but full beard. He is wearing chain mail and fighting with an axe. He is at a distinct disadvantage, however, due to a pronounced limp in his left leg.

His opponent is an elven woman with short red hair. She wears black leather with some light chain and carries a wicked looking short sword. Areilon gasps at the sight of her. "Tia!" she cries happily.

===========

Jocelyn casts Cure Light Wounds on the elf, completely healing him.
Attachments
Key:<br />J - Jocelyn<br />O - Ouragana<br />A - Areilon<br />a - Andar<br />B - Baeros<br />t - Takit<br />V - Val<br />E - Elf<br />B - Brock<br />T - Tialis<br />1-18 - Mob
Key:
J - Jocelyn
O - Ouragana
A - Areilon
a - Andar
B - Baeros
t - Takit
V - Val
E - Elf
B - Brock
T - Tialis
1-18 - Mob
Harbor Street 00.jpg (211.07 KiB) Viewed 5883 times
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros looks completely confused at the mob. He had expected to find red toads which then it would be evident whom to fight, but this... His body tense, weapons at both arms, waiting for coming attack, suddenly Arielon's shout behind him makes him jump. After a moment he asks "You know these people? Which are friends and which are foes?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"That, dear Bearos, is not a question I think I can answer" Ouragana says somewhat sarcastically. "The elf is someone who works only for herself, I think, thought not necessary an enemy. The dwarf we know because we helped to find out who murdered his daughter. I wouldn't have thought to find them here, let alone fighting each other."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Itches?" Jocelyn asks the elf. "My healing has never caused itching before," she admits in confusion. "It will probably go away," she says hopefully as she turns her sights to the battle. "Brock!" she calls out in surprise.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Tialis helped us defeat an evil murderer back on Narin," Areilon explains. "I don't know why she'd be here now, though," the elf adds, biting her lip with worry.

As the party discusses things, the mob continues to fight each other. A young dwarf male, barely coming into his beard, stabs a teenage elf girl with a dagger in the chest. She screams and falls to the ground.

An adult woman with light blue skin and completely white hair swings a belaying pin at a male adult dwarf's head. The dwarf ducks and the pin goes flying out of the woman's hand. The dwarf grins and stabs with his dagger, but she somehow conjures up a gust of wind to knock her self aside so the thrust misses.

There's another woman with blue skin and white hair, but much older. Indeed, she looks like an older version of the other one. She is fighting an adult human male. She rolls aside to avoid his dagger, then stabs him in the chest with her short sword. The human falls wordlessly to the ground, clutching his fatal wound.

Among all of the other fighting going on, Brock and Tialis continue their own battle. Neither responds to their name being called out, either because they fail to hear it or are too busy with battling to respond. Tialis dances circles around the dwarf, who cannot keep up with her grace and speed due to his limp. She stabs him in the shoulder and laughs merrily, as if she were playfully sparring with a friend and had scored a point. Swearing profusely, Brock swings his axe at her, but she easily hops away.

=============

Initiative
Jocelyn (N/A)
Ouragana (N/A)
Areilon (N/A)
Val (N/A)
Baeros (N/A)
Andar (N/A)
Takit (N/A)
Citizen 01 (1d10+2): 6
Citizen 02 (1d10+3): 4
Citizen 03 (1d10+5): 10
Citizen 04 (1d10+4): 12
Citizen 05 (1d10+2): 5
Citizen 06 (1d10+3): 4
Citizen 07 (1d10+5): 12
Citizen 08 (1d10+4): 8
Citizen 09 (1d10+2): 12
Citizen 10 (1d10+3): 7
Citizen 11 (1d10+5): 11
Citizen 12 (1d10+4): 5
Citizen 13 (1d10+2): 3
Citizen 14 (1d10+3): 13
Citizen 15 (1d10+5): 11
Citizen 16 (1d10+4): 6
Citizen 17 (1d10+2): 10
Citizen 18 (1d10+3): 4
Brock (1d10+7): 12
Tialis (1d10+3): 8

Round 1!

Citizen 13 attacks Citizen 04 with his dagger (1d20): 16, hit for (1d4): 2 damage. Citizen 04 dies.
Citizen 02 attacks Citizen 11 with her short sword (1d20): 9, miss.
Citizen 06 attacks Citizen 15 with her short sword (1d20): 18, hit for (1d6): 1 damage.
Citizen 18 attacks Citizen 09 with her short sword (1d20): 10, miss.
Citizen 05 attacks Citizen 14 with his dagger (1d20): 9, miss.
Citizen 12 attacks Citizen 03 with her belaying pin (1d20): 3, miss.
Citizen 01 attacks Citizen 10 with his dagger (1d20): 16, hit for (1d4): 1 damage.
Citizen 16 attacks Citizen 07 with her belaying pin (1d20): 13, hit for (1d4): 2 damage.
Citizen 10 attacks Citizen 01 with her short sword (1d20): 6, miss.
Citizen 08 attacks Citizen 17 with her belaying pin (1d20): 1, critical fumble! She drops her weapon.
Tialis attacks Brock with her short sword (1d20): 17, hit for (1d6): 5 damage.
Citizen 03 attacks Citizen 12 with his cutlass (1d20): 14, hit for (1d6): 1 damage.
Citizen 17 attacks Citizen 08 with his dagger (1d20): 6, miss.
Citizen 11 attacks Citizen 02 with his cutlass (1d20): 14, hit for (1d6): 2 damage.
Citizen 15 attacks Citizen 06 with his cutlass (1d20): 8, miss.
Citizen 04 is dead.
Citizen 07 attacks Citizen 16 with his cutlass (1d20): 10, miss.
Citizen 09 attacks Citizen 18 with his dagger (1d20): 16, hit for (1d4): 3 damage.
Brock attacks Tialis with his battle axe (1d20): 8, miss.
Citizen 14 attacks Citizen 05 with her short sword (1d20): 14, hit for (1d6): 6 damage. Citizen 05 dies.
Attachments
Harbor Street 01.jpg
Harbor Street 01.jpg (210.38 KiB) Viewed 5863 times
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"What could we do to make them stop fighting, without risking that they attack us?" Ouragna thinks aloud. "It seems they're under some kind of spell to just fight whoever presents themselves"

In a tentative, using a cantrip, she conjures a small sphere of light that rolls along the ground towards the combatants (like a cantrip verson of dancing lights).