Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

LSO OOC Thread II

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: LSO OOC Thread II

Post by JadedDM »

So will he discard the second backpack?

The food/drink/sleep/bath thing was something I came up with awhile ago. It's really more for my own reference.

Food, Drink and Sleep show how many pounds of food/pints of drink/hours of sleep you have vs. what you need for the day. So if your Food status reads 1/2 it means you need 2 pounds of food a day and you've only had 1 pound so far. If you skip too many meals, don't keep yourself hydrated or go without sleep too much (or just sleep badly, i.e., on the ground, with your armor on, etc.), you might start accumulating penalties. I always announce when that happens, though, so the player is aware of it.

Bath just shows how many days it has been since you last had a bath. So if it reads '3' it has been three days since your last bath. If you go too long without a bath, you'll start to smell. The smell gets progressively worse each week until you're downright repugnant. NPCs react to how badly you smell, depending on their own sensitivities to that sort of thing. (A street rat might not care if you're a bit rank, but a nobleman might be offended, etc.)

For today, since we skipped forward to night, I've assumed the party has eaten and drank in the mess hall during mealtimes, which is why everyone is currently content.

By the way, I'm trying to find a way to move that post Breila made in the Places and People thread to the current IC thread, but I haven't figured it out yet.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Uh, soory. I kind of thought that was the new game thread. Attribute it to jetlag. I'll copy it in a moment.
Oh, drat, of course it would be in the wrong place if I do just that.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

No problem. It's a locked thread, so normally that can't even happen, but as you are a mod/sub-admin, you are capable of posting anywhere in the forum, even locked threads.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

I managed to shift the post, but unfortunatley, for some reason, it appears before your initial post :(

The menu to shift the post just popped up when I selected the moderator control panel.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Okay. It took some finagling, but I got our posts in order now.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

So, new marching order? Our last one was:

Andar/Areilon
Jocelyn/Ouragana
Val/Baeros/Takit/Hopper
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Bearos said he would leave Hopper behind.
If we keep this marching order, it would make more sense to give the lighting coin to Andar or Areilon, or let Ouragana keep it to light any scene or slip it away quickly.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Remember that cantrips have a range of 10 feet.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana will move to the head of the group (perhaps in Bearos's wake) to cast her spell. She just wants to see if anyone reacts to a distraction at all.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

BishGada wrote:(OOC: Before I post Baeros actions, I wanted to understand something. Can Baeros notice that his fellows are stunned and the first creature is still standing or is he with his back to them too focued with the third creature?
BTW I thought the critiacl hit would be (1d12+1)*2 and not 2d12+2 I also thought the frogs are human sized... I guess too much assumptions would get you killed (or stunned and digested, still alive, by frogs in our case :)) )
He can notice they are stunned. If nothing else, he would have heard the loud croak, and would presumably look over his shoulder to see what happened.

On a critical hit, damage dice are rolled twice, not multiplied by two. Also, modifiers are not increased. So Baeros would normally do 1d12+1 on a L-sized creature with his long sword, but on a critical hit he would deal 2d12+1 instead.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Hey, everyone. I'd like to introduce spyguy1503, a new player who has shown an interest in playing a thief; pretty convenient as we're down one now.

Spyguy, I'd recommend you first read through the Lost Souls Handbook thread, if you have not already. It's a basic primer on the house rules I use, as well as some basic information on the setting. You can roll up your character at Invisible Castle, a website we use for dice rolls here.

Are you overly familiar with 2nd Edition (or any edition) of D&D? Let me know what your previous gaming experience is, if any, so I know how much help you might need in creating a character.
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

I have not ever played any RPG's except Car Wars. Nice to meet you all, BTW. I should get on a lot.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/37173/ my character stats. Scouts honor it was first try.
Characters:
Current:
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Hmm, I've never actually heard of Car Wars until now. I had to look it up.

Well, here's a link to pretty much all the 2E rulebooks. The only one you really need to worry about is the very first one, the Player's Handbook. It's pretty essential in understanding how to create a character and play the game.

Okay, you've made your starting rolls and got 9, 12, 11, 9, 10, 13. You can arrange those to your liking. If you want to play a thief, DEXTERITY is probably going to be the most essential one. These scores may be modified by your character's age and race. You can read all about this in the Player's Handbook, of course.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want here in the OOC thread.
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

STR 9 DEX 13 CON 9 INT 11 WIS 10 CHA 12
Characters:
Current: