Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 2: The Search for More Money

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 2: The Search for More Money

Post by JadedDM »

"Oh, I see," Frisno responds. "Well, I do tinker a bit in my free time. Nothing serious, as it can be rather expensive. Why do you ask?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"It's nice to hear you had no worries this night" Ouragana smiles at Val. "My biggest worry is gone, I can walk alright again, but I need to get money quickly, I am completely broke. I have to eat something of my provisions here in secret because I can't pay for breakfast." She sits down on her bed and eats her remaining fresh provisions, making sure no telltale crumbs remain. Then she goes down to look for the rest of the group, hoping to find them before they head off with the statue.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

After a brief breakfast in bed, Ouragana polishes off her fresh rations, leaving only the iron rations remaining. Then, she heads downstairs to find the others.

There a number of people in the common area, most having breakfast. The two servers are not present, only the gruff dwarven barkeeper, who is doing his best to serve everyone on his own.

At the bar sits two humans (one man, one woman), two dwarves (both fairly old women), and a gnome woman.

Elsewhere in the tavern is an elven woman sitting alone by the unlit fireplace, a gnome sitting in the corner (the same one from last night; not Hubert, but the other one--Frisno), and the same halfling minstrel from the previous night; whistling a song for entertainment, but nobody is paying her any attention.

She also spots her other companions. Jocelyn and Areilon are sharing a small table together, while Grey is chatting with Frisno over at his table.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

HorizonsDream wrote:~Yes, I know you get paid on a ship,~ Jocelyn thought to herself in amusement. "Wait, weren't you talking to the jeweler last night?" she asks, clearly confused. "Why didn't you sell it last night?"
"I can tell by your face that you don't quite get me, on a ship you don't have much to worry about..." Arei shrugs. "I didn't sell it because I need to show it to the Watch, they need to know that the Creatures are peaceful. Then we sell it, and I discharge my association with the Watch." She glances at Tia. "Come lets get that Gnome and go see the Watch." She stands, putting on her hat.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

"Ah, it seems my company is ready to depart," Dahn says after noticing her getting up,"I mustn't keep her waiting, perhaps we can continue this conversation later." he finishes as he goes to meet up with her.
I don't blow minds, I blast brains.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(OOC: will wait on Horizon)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val had thought about buying breakfast, but her roommate sat and ate so quickly, she didn't have the chance. She heads downstairs. "We will see you downstairs."

She enters the common room and takes a seat with the other two ladies and flags down the server. "Breakfast please."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Val joins the others, and now the whole group is reunited (momentarily, anyhow). She pays a silver piece for breakfast, which consists of a plate of eggs, ham, and some orange juice. The bartender limps over to their table when it is ready and hands her the plate.

==========

Val spends 1 silver piece.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I get you," Jocelyn says simply as she stands up from the table. She didn't quite understand the woman's motivations at all, but she wasn't going to jump into that conversation. "Listen, why don't you two go to the Wardens?" she says. "I might as well tell the others," she adds, motioning to Val and Ouragana. "What I've learned so far."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I'm sorry to disappoint you, Jocelyn, but I'd like to join Arelion and Grey" Ouragana says as she jumps up to follow the two.
Last edited by Breila on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected the gnome's name
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"OK, but will need to tell again to the others." After a brief pause, she adds "You hungry? Eat breakfast?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Well." Arei moves to the door, "I am going, if you wish to join me, please do so." She moves slowly, waiting to see who does so.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn looks to the storm mage in surprise before she finally shrugs. "All right," she says then turns to Val. "So then are you staying or going?" she asks.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"Me come too." She shovels what is left of breakfast down and follows the ladies.
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

Dahn catches up to Arielon.
"Do you have it with you?"
I don't blow minds, I blast brains.