Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: OOC Chat II

Post by JadedDM »

I'm not sure, but surely Fikod and Babushka would know that their species doesn't interact well with sorcery.
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

Fikod would never trust a magical item like that, too many bad stories in Thorbardin! ^^
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

In any case, I assume the unused magical armor will remain on Greycap. What about the Potion of Heroism?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Fikod should have that! Perhaps we should share out the potions anyway
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

Oooh, Fikod will take that potion with no problems >:) If Imani, Thuskar, or Ulster have no objections haha. Looking at the potions... What about a claim on the Philter of Persuasiveness? ;3
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

It suits him. let's check with what Horizon thinks first.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

I think the heroism potion would be more useful to Imani, but I'm all for Fikod having the Philter of Persuasiveness. The of Philter of Glibness would suit Fikod pretty well too, I think.

The potion of Levitation, I think should probably go to Jerrard. It might be useful for him to get him out of the way of fighting. Oil of Slipperiness could really go to anyone. Perhaps Babushka. Potion of Fire Giant Strength should go to either Thuskar or Ulster.

So, Imani is going to take the enchanted Leather Armor. I think she is really the only one that can wear it. The Mask would probably be most useful to either her, Ulster, or Thuskar. I think Ulster is the only one that can use a longsword, so that should go to him. Um, the ring should probably stay with Jerrard. The bracers...can pretty much go to anyone I guess. Whoever wants them.
Last edited by HorizonsDream on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Sounds good to me.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

I hope that at some point, we'll run across an aramor that suits Babushka!
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Probably not until they leave the forest. Gnomes are largely concentrated in the west, on Sancrist, and we are on the eastern side of Ansalon. Most gnomes have no interest in forests or nature, and so have little reason to be in a forest. Plus, Silvanesti is an elven nation, primarily composed of elves. Finding a suit of gnome-sized armor in this area would be a pretty big break in verisimilitude. She'll either have to wait until they are in a big city (like Palanthas) or find an armorer to custom make her some. (Pity Jeremy died, he could have done so.)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

There's something I wanted to discuss with you all. Namely, the end of Unlikely Heroes.

For the past couple of months, I've had a vague--very vague--outline on how I wanted to end the game. More recently, those ideas solidified into something a little more tangible. I feel like I've come up with an ending that feels satisfying and logical, and should be fairly memorable--barring any TPKs, of course.

However, before you all start retirement plans already, remember this is a play-by-post. So it's slooooow. In other words, there's still enough material between now and the end to probably last another year of real time. Really, it all depends on several factors, like how much material we skip over, how many sidequests we take on and so forth. Tree Lords itself has been going since April, as it is, so if anything, it's possible that a year might not be enough to finish everything. We'll see.

So why bring this up now? Well, because I am officially declaring the game now 'closed' to new characters. New players can't join up, and if your character dies (and if raising is impossible), then the player will have to sit out the rest of the game.

(Before anyone panics about that, though, keep in mind that the next couple of major locations the party will be going to, like Palanthas, has a priest high enough in level to raise and Locky herself will be capable of it in three more levels.)

The reason for this is, introducing new characters now would add to the storyline, stretching things out even longer. For instance, if a minotaur marauder joins the party, seeking revenge against the rival who banished him from the Blood Sea Islands, then now I have to either A) ignore that backstory entirely or B) add a whole new adventure involving the party sailing to the Blood Sea Islands.

(One caveat here: I was contacted by agamotto a few weeks ago, and he wanted to rejoin with a new character. I already told him that was fine, although I haven't heard back from him in a couple of weeks now. Still, if he returns, he can rejoin with a new character, as I had already told him he could. But the game remains closed to anyone else.)

My plans are, for the moment (and subject to change as the game plays out) for the party to finish Tree Lords and leave Silvanesti first. Then they'll travel to Palanthas. I have another adventure set up to take place during that trip. It's a small module (much smaller than this one), heavily modified. I've changed the story, characters and location; only keeping the maps, treasure and encounters, really. It's entirely optional, but if the party partakes in it, it will grant them more XP and treasure, as well as expedite their travel time considerably.

Once in Palanthas, I plan to run a little something there, too. Although I'm not sure what exactly, just yet. Then, I'd like us to head to Thorbardin and run a quest there. Again, not entirely sure what yet, but it will involve wrapping up Fikod's character arc.

After that's done, we'll head back to Khur for a grand finale, wrapping up Imani's character arc and saving her son.

That's the plan, anyway. It may change, depending on what happens. Obviously, in the event of a TPK, the game just ends. If Fikod perma-dies before we reach Thorbardin, we'll probably skip that part. If Imani perma-dies before the end, that might change things quite a bit--unless the party decides to go rescue her son anyway, in her memory. And if agamotto rejoins, that might change things too, depending on what kind of character he comes up with.

I don't want to go into too much detail, of course. No sense in dolling out spoilers. But that's the basic itinerary.

Thoughts? Opinions? Feedback?
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Well, that sounds good to me.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Same here. Babushka will be be like an old friend fondly remembered, like the character from tabletop I use as my alias here.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose in the Mountains of Mist. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time.
^^
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Life without Jerrard? Interesting...

Will the trip to Palanthas include something for Jerrard? He doesn't really have an ending, its not like he has some massive quest to achieve, he does want to save those Kender! And find Malika..