Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 5: The Sending is Coming from Inside the House

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 5: The Sending is Coming from Inside the House

Post by Jenara »

Waiting a few moments, Arei scopes the shop out, looking for a back entrance, if she finds one she stays out of sight and waits patiently.

Hide in shadows : 24 emailed to you.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, really, I have no idea what I'm looking for," Jocelyn admitted with a sheepish smile. "Perhaps you could tell me a little about this collection?" she asks. "And why is looking into the murders nothing but trouble, other than the obvious?" she asks. "You must be a bit upset about what happened to Maronna," she adds. "I heard the two of you had a date."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Hubert tilts his head. "Maronna? Did I..?" He scratches at his beard, then shrugs. "Ah, I have so many dates. It's hard to keep track. In any case, it's the warden's problem to deal with. They do not look fondly upon vigilantes.

"Anyway, this is by far my most exquisite collection. They are antiques that were dredged up from the ocean from Eonian ruins. The Fathomers discovered them and sold them, and eventually they made their way to me."

Meanwhile, Areilon slips into the back. She does indeed find a back door to the place there.

========

(OOC: I never got an email.)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Ah, I'm sure you do," Jocelyn says, lightly flirting by this point. She turns her attention to the collection. "It is a beautiful collection, but perhaps a bit too expensive," she adds.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Ah, yes, I've been burdened with it for awhile now," Hubert admits. "There just aren't many people in this town with the coin to buy it. I've been thinking of taking a trip soon to Paradise City, though. See if I can find a buyer there, instead."

He gives the acolyte an appraising look, then snaps his fingers. "Ah, I know what you want!" He goes behind his desk and pulls out something from under it. "Behold this beauty. It's real silver with amber in the center and a cabochon at the tail," he says, showing her a silver dolphin brooch that's about 2 inches in length. As he says, the dolphin's belly is an oval yellow amber, while the tail has a small green cabochon in it.

"It's only 75 gold pieces. What do you think?" he asks.
Attachments
amber dolphin brooch.jpg
amber dolphin brooch.jpg (11.52 KiB) Viewed 5939 times
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn reached out to touch the dolphin gently. She had to admit that it was really pretty, but she didn't know what she could do with it. "It's beautiful," she says, apparently in awe of it. She looks to the gnome. "But I'm just a poor acolyte," she says. "There is no way I could afford this," she admits. "Not unless you are willing to perhaps give me a deal?" she asks sweetly.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Poor?" Hubert asks with a frown, snatching the brooch away. "I always thought priests were wealthy. All those donations they get, and what have you." He looks up at her suspiciously. "Just what kind of deal are we talking here? I'm not big on discounts."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"The donations go to the church itself, not the priests," Jocelyn explains. "And besides, you are big on dates," she adds. "If I can show you a good time, which I'm pretty sure I can, then maybe you can give me a small discount on the dolphin."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Hubert stares at her in confusion for several moments before it finally dawns on him. "Oh... Ohhhh, I see. Huh, I guess I'm more charming than I thought," he adds to himself. He looks Jocelyn up and down again, as if he hadn't noticed her before, and strokes his beard. "Well, we might be able to work something out. What did you have in mind, exactly?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Maybe dinner," Jocelyn says. "I heard that there was a beautiful waterfall around here somewhere. Though, I'm kind of the type that kind of likes to break the rules," she admits. "While it might be a little dangerous, I wouldn't mind checking out that waterfall after curfew. I'm sure it looks even more amazing at night. Of course, that is only if you are up to it."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Hubert appears taken back. "Uh, well...I see. Not that I have a big love for the law or the wardens, mind you--but if we were caught, we'd both be thrown in jail. And I do have a reputation to maintain. And we would get caught. The wardens always check that area." He smooths out his shirt. "How about instead we have dinner here, at my place? I live just above the shop, you see. It's very nice. And there's no worry about violating curfew."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Email forwarded.

Arei sits quietly, watching the shop and house.
(Would she be able to judge if lights go on upstairs?)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, all right. I suppose I can work with that. Tomorrow then?" she asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Very well," Hubert says. "It's a date. Come by my place around 7. I'll have everything ready."

With that, Jocelyn steps outside.

Areilon, around the back, can hear the front door open and close. She could also tell if the lights go on upstairs, although they have yet to do so at this point.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Arei waits quietly, watching the house.

Borderlands 3 - Navi