Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 1: You All Meet in a Tavern

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 1: You All Meet in a Tavern

Post by Jenara »

"I would like to opt for a suite, If I had the money.." She murmors, "Is there somewhere in town that might buy items of interest? Jewelry or objet d'art?" Tapping her pouch she looks back at the group.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Yeah, actually," the dwarf responds. "Matter of fact, he's here right now." He leans forward and points to the pair of gnomes. "The one on the left runs the jewelry shop in town. Dabbles in antiques, too."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Thank you." She smiles, heading over to the Gnomes with a smile. "Excuse me Gentlemen."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The gnomes are sitting together at a small table, chatting over a meal and drinks. The first one--the one that the bartender pointed out as the jeweler--is the older of the pair. He has black hair and a beard with streaks of grey in them. He has an impressive nose, thick eyebrows, tanned skin and is decked out in some rather gaudy looking jewelery. Every finger has a ring on it, and a gold medallion hangs around his neck, nestled in his thick, course chest-hair as his shirt is partially unbuttoned.

The other gnome is younger, although still a bit older than Dahn. He's paler in complexion with blond hair and a wispy beard. His eyes might be beady, but the eye-glasses he is wearing magnifies them to an almost absurd size, making his eyes appear too large for his face.

The two are in the middle of a conversation when Areilon approaches. The older gnome says, "So I said, 'Eater? I barely even know 'er!'" The two burst out in laughter at the punchline, and the older gnome lets takes a swig of his drink and then belches, wiping his mouth as he notices the elf's approach.

The jeweler looks Areilon up and down, slowly, and grins. "Well, well, well--what do we have here? Tell me, young woman--did it hurt? When you fell from Mount Celestia, I mean."

The younger gnome barely pays Areilon any mind, rather he just looks a tad annoyed at the interruption. He says nothing, however.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Perhaps." Arei grins, "Could I take a seat a moment please? I have an item I would appreciate your time to look at." Giving both Gnomes a smile she waits to be invited to sit down.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"By all means," the jeweler says, gesturing to an empty seat. "I have something I'd like to show you myself," he adds, nudging his unamused companion knowingly. "Name's Hubert, Hubert Diamondeye. This is my associate, Fisno Tinskin. He's the local clockmaker here in Narin, and I'm the jeweler. You like jewelry, sweet-cheeks?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I do indeed." She sits gracefully, adjusting her blade and sitting down, "I appreciate fine things, doesn't everyone?" Placing her hands on the table she looks to the Elder gnome. "What do you have to show me?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I think common room will be enough for me" Ouragana says. "I need a place to lie down, that's all."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Oh, I can't show you here," Hubert says. "It's far too big. You'll have to come back to my place to see it," he adds, winking.

The bartender nods. "No problem," he says to Ouragana. "That'll be five silver." He turns and plucks a random key off the back wall where a number of keys hang from pegs on a cork board.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Arei nods, giving the mage a worried glance from over the other side of the room, before turning back to Hubert, "I will accompany you." She smiles, a slightly fake smile, but a smile never the less. "Perhaps you would be able to look at the item I acquired first?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Chuckling to himself, Hubert rubs his hands together greedily. "By all means, by all means. Let's see what you have."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Opening her pouch with her back to the others she produces the statue, "I believe this is old, very old. I was wondering how much it might be worth?" She asks, her fingers stroking the smooth hard jade.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The gnome's jaw literally drops open at the sight of the carving. "Merciful Gonto, where did you find such a piece?" he asks, reaching for it. "The craftsmanship is exquisite! Why, this has got to be worth at least a thousand gold--maybe more." He reaches for a small magnifying glass in his pocket to help him better examine the item.
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

Dahn remains where he is, keeping an eye on Arei and the other two gnomes. Though watching them discretely proves difficult due to the fact that he actually finds most of the jokes somewhat humorous he manages to choke down the chuckles.
(ooc: yeah, that was supposed to be 'cocktail'. no idea how I butchered it that much)
I don't blow minds, I blast brains.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Breila wrote:Ouragana had been trundling along after the others, her feet were really, really sore. When she arrives at the inn, she looks at the others at their table and approaches it. "I'm sorry I don't sit with you, but I fear that if I sit down now, I won't be able to get up and walk to a room again. Has any of you asked if shared rooms cost less than individual ones, and would you ladies like to share with me?" she has her hands on the table, supporting as much of her weight with her hands as possible to ease the pain in her feet.

Val agrees as well. "OK, we can share." She also helps Ouragana along. She fishes out 2 silver for the room.