Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 1: You All Meet in a Tavern

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 1: You All Meet in a Tavern

Post by JadedDM »

Val quickly turns back and flees. One or two arrows whiz by, but don't come close to hitting her or Mist, and just splash into the water.

It takes her about fifteen minutes to get back to shore, say farewell to her mount, and get back to the inn. When she arrives, she sees no sign of her companions. They must not have arrived yet. The common area is packed with locals, though, coming in for a late lunch or early dinner.

Aside from the old dwarf behind the bar, the young dwarf barmaid and the human server, Val notes the presence of the following: a pair of male gnomes sitting together at a table, chatting; a pair of human women and a human man sitting by the fire, sharing drinks; a halfling minstrel playing an ocarina by the fireplace; an old dwarf with a stack of papers and an ink quill being berated by an even older dwarf woman; a lone half-elf sitting by himself in a dark corner, nursing a drink; the male dwarf warden that was in here earlier (he's alone now, instead of with his female counterpart); and a trio of dwarves (one male, two female) having a nice meal together.

==============

(OOC: Val has a little over an hour before the party catches up with her. Does she want to do anything in that time, or just sit and wait?)
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

"Hmm, where'd Val go?" the gnome says in a genuinely oblivious tone.
I don't blow minds, I blast brains.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Arei breathes in the smell of the sea, drawing the aroma deep into her lungs. "This is where I belong." She stretches out her arms, arching her back.

"Grey, we need to go to the Wardens, tell them the situation, the attacks should stop." She sighs, turning to the Gnome. "Then we need to decide what to do with this statue."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val has a drink or two, minding her own business, preferring not to get to involved in conversation. She does however, keep her ears open.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Val orders a couple of drinks over the next hour or so, and waits, keeping to herself.

After an hour and fifteen minutes, the party arrives. "Oh, there she is," Jocelyn says, pointing out the half-orc in answer to Dahn's question.

==========

Val spends 1 silver piece on drinks.

(OOC: Everyone is now back in sync with each other, temporally speaking. Assume the same patrons I described earlier are still present.)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Where did you go?" Arei asks with interest.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

Dahn beckons for a server and orders a 'Gnomish cockale'.
I don't blow minds, I blast brains.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"Swimming and eating." She says. Liking this female, but uneasy in her own conversation skills.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"That sounds most enjoyable." The Elf says with a nod to the barman, getting herself a small glass of ale.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The dwarven waitress fetches their orders and brings them to Val's table. After the two pay, she departs again, muttering something about hollering if they need anything further.

===========

Dahn pays a silver piece for his drink.
Areilon pays half a silver for her drink.

(OOC: Man, I really hope that is just an awful typo of the word "cocktail" and not what it sounds like, Xel. :lol: )
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana had been trundling along after the others, her feet were really, really sore. When she arrives at the inn, she looks at the others at their table and approaches it. "I'm sorry I don't sit with you, but I fear that if I sit down now, I won't be able to get up and walk to a room again. Has any of you asked if shared rooms cost less than individual ones, and would you ladies like to share with me?" she has her hands on the table, supporting as much of her weight with her hands as possible to ease the pain in her feet.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Indeed we need to arrange lodging, sharing would make sense, I am happy to share if need be." Arei agrees, sitting in her seat.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Let's walk over to the counter and ask, then, and could I please hold onto your arm?" Ouragana's face has a pleading look.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Standing, Arei walks to the counter, her blade at her side. "Excuse me." She smiles "How much would rooms be by the night?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The gruff dwarf bartender sets aside the mug he had been cleaning, and then grabs another one to start the process over again. "Depends on what you're looking for," he says. "Five silver a night for a common room, five gold for the suite. The Suite comes with room service, private baths, and a security deposit box," he explains.