A place to find the old game thread and completed Adventures, and Characters

Moderator: mltillis

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Meeting at The Safehaven Inn

Post by Jenara »

"Well.. We have me. I'm.." She giggles once more, laughing at a joke only she knew. "I have skills in stealth and magic, and I know a few people in this city. Next Vrunar, he appears to be good with a blade and has his gods favour. Mortimer seems like he's handy in a fight. I picked up some help this morning from a lost soul, guy called Olban, looks like he just wants to help, he isn't .. Pretty, but if he can fight, we'll see."

"And me." Arnora announces proudly, "I can fight and wherever Navi goes I go." She raises her head and looks Mercair in the eyes.

"Yes and you my dear." Navi pats her hand. "Have you been told of Silfey?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Mercair listens with a casual demeanor, but strictly drills each bit into his memory. Well, he says at last with a friendly grin to Arnora, It seems you have a reliable bodyguard. Arnora, what arms do you prefer? Perhaps we could train together sometime. He watches the half-elf's expression closely, so much different than it had been all evening. The shy, injured girl was gone for the moment; and a steady warrior had replaced her. He wondered how much else was not as it seemed... I dare say Sune would have been lucky to have you, Navi...

Keeping his voice quiet, he turns slightly away but speaks to the elf; A vague description of Silifrey and that she was to be rescued at some... party is all... He raises his voice to a normal tone to draw less suspicion as he turns back to face her, Should I take it you ladies staying here since you have a room and made breakfast arrangements?

Recalling the earlier comments, he begins to muse idly Sune... hmm... we followers of Lathander share a monastery with Sune and Selûne just east of the market...

[OOC: No innuendo in the training comment. He's not the type to go after an adolescent girl...]
Last edited by TristenC on Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: pasted and it didn't paste everything...
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

The crowd at The Safe Haven Inn grows with evening approaching. Almost on que with the influx of customers, an albino halfing enters. Making his way to the small desk, the halfing takes a seat and begins looking over the ledger.. Edrianna returns shortly bearing Mercair's meal and drink. It's gets a bit busy from here on out, so I'll be back in the kitchen for a while. So if you need anything else, you be sure to let Ariel know. Not that the servers coming on are not decent enough, but my sister never lets anything slip.
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Thank you, it smells exquisite! Mercair will begin to dine, hopefully finishing by the time someone comes to let them into Arnora's room.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Bodyguard?" Arnora blushes once more, the frightened young girl appearing once more. "I think it's more the other way around, Navi protects me. I was trained to use Raipers and other light blades." The girl explains lifting the raiper that sits down beside her placing it on her lap. "I couldn't... I couldn't stay here, there are too many memories of the little ones, staying here would hurt."

"We have another place to stay." Navi interjects, her hands on the table once more. "I assume you have somewhere too?" She fixes him with her blue eyes. "You do not know of the Cynosure Ball? It is festival for Lliira's Night. Most of Waterdeeps nobility will be there. We both have a way in, I believe tickets have been arranged for a small group, which will be at the disposal of whoever goes to help." Relaxing her gaze she rests back in the chair.

When Edrianna brings his food out her smile widens, "Enjoy the food, its really good.." Itching in her chair she rises to her feet. "Excuse me for a moment, Arnora could you keep Mercair company for a short while?"

"Alright. Just for a short while.. " Arnora says with a slightly dropped tone, leaning over she kisses Navis cheek. "Be good" she whispers as Navi heads to the Kitchen.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Well, you seem ready to defend her at a moment’s notice. I would say that qualifies. And you definitely have the willpower, as your steady look attests. I think perhaps you are…

Turning back to Navi, I have heard of the Cynosure Ball, yes. I was not aware that it was the event she would be… attending. I have something to wear that should do nicely if we have enough tickets. I would like to be there.

As Navi heads off with a whispered word from Arnora, Mercair takes a bite. He breathes slow and evenly through his nose, allowing the myriad of flavors to mingle and permeate his senses. It was indeed fantastic! Please help yourself if you would like any, he says, sliding the plate a little closer to the half-elf. Setting aside his appreciation for the skill and care taken in the meal for a moment, he speaks quietly to Arnora. Is everything alright? I apologize if my question seems abrupt, but is anything wrong? I feel like there is something going on that I am missing…

[OOC: Can I assume Mercair has a place at one of the two Temples of Lathander in town since his profession is listed as a priest? I am only aware of the Spries of Morning and the Monastary of the Sun. Otherwise he can get a room somewhere. Perhaps take Arnora’s old room to see if he can get a better feel for what happened.]
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Wrong?" Amora asks, she could do this, for just a moment, the creepy man had left and this Mercair seemed nice but overbearing. "You want to know what's wrong? Men make me nervous, they took me away, took my things, all of my things. And kept me for longer than I care to admit." her tone is harsh, broken even.

"You asked." She adds taking a huge sip of wine.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

His heart ached for the poor girl's predicament. For her abuse, her loss and her fear. His Rich green eyes full of compassion for her plight, he spoke, Oh, dear girl... How much you've been through... But you may always trust me, I will do you no harm. I was referring to something else.

Leaning only slightly forward so as not to scare her, he speaks quietly If it helps, I am not even really human... Have you ever heard of the Aasimar? My father was a celestial outsider, though I do not carry many obvious physical traits of it...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Arnora lowers her head his compassion made her feel strange, when it came from Navi it felt warm and comforting, when someone else tried it brought up feelings of anger.

"I don't know much of other races, I barely met humans before I came here." Gripping the sword hilt tightly she lifts her head. "What else are you referring to?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Witnessing another sudden shift in the girl's personality as she gripped the sword, he took pause. I meant no offense. I apologize if I have upset you, I was only trying to express that I am here to help. He lets the conversation lie quiet a moment as he eats a little. I was only referring to a problem with the investigation. There seem to be many levels to uncover.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"There are many things I don't fully understand. All I know is that Little Alinar and Venali need me, and I promised to protect them.. Their Father would never forgive me." Loosening her grip on the blade She sits back.

"Navi knows what she is doing. I trust her, and so should you." She adds.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

I will aid in any way I can. After all, he smiles, it is my duty as well.
Arnora wrote: Navi knows what she is doing.
Aaah... I have no doubt she does, he smiles again, Turic seemed to find her quite capable.
Arnora wrote: I trust her, and so should you." She adds.
I have never indicated otherwise. But I am still playing catch-up, being newly assigned to this investigation. Please excuse me if my questions seem suspicious or impertinent; I am only trying to ensure every lead is followed.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Of course they aren't, its actually quite interesting, and i do not want to see anyone else to get hurt." The girl pulls her cloak tight, "Well I'm glad we are all on the same side." She almost smiles, letting the sword fall free.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Absolutely, he smiles. And I hope we can all become friends as well. Taking another bite, he shakes his head, this is truly splendid!
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"That girl is very talented, Navi seems to think so." She says with a slight sigh, looking to the Kitchen door. "Being friends might take a while, I hope you understand."

Borderlands 3 - Navi