Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 12: Wyvern's Island

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 12: Wyvern's Island

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn, Brock and Baeros (Narin Temple of Gonto)
Brock nods. "Maybe so. Knowing my luck, I'll live to be a thousand," he says sullenly. "This tomb might not even still be here by that point. Then I'll never be with my family again."

Gallath and Ouragana (Paragon Inn)
"That'll be two silvers," the innkeeper tells Gallath.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Maybe not physically," Jocelyn says. "But your soul will find them," she points out. "I mean, you had a strong connection with your wife and daughter. It makes sense that when your time is up here, you'll find them again."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Until then, I guess I'll try and take out as many pirates and murderers and Leaguers as possible," Brock says. "No matter how long that might be." He turns back to her. "Well, I suppose we should get going then. Lots to do before we ship out tomorrow."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Yeah, I have some shopping to do," Jocelyn says. "But, you know, if you ever want to talk about, you know, anything, I'm here to listen. I might not have the best advice, but I can listen."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Brock nods. "Thanks, Pastor. I'll keep that in mind." He limps back up the stairs.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Slowly" Ouragana tells Koh'kra with a smile and a gesture. She then shows him how to handle the spoon. Trying that should give the stew time to cool to eating temperature...
To Gallath, she says. "Yes, a year ago, some farmers complained that their livestock on outlying pastures was taken by the bird people. We went to confront them, and it turned out that they do not keep animals themselves and did not know the pigs and cows were not fair game. We explained it - the chieftainess speaks Common -, and they promised to leave the livestock alone. Now it looks like her son has come to investigate how the Kek, as they call us, live."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros is not sure what to do, he starts talking to Leanna, "Err... I wanted to ask you something..." he says, but then see Jocelyn and Brock go, "Oh, but that can wait.." he smiles and staggers after them. At the tombs he squints until he gets used to the darkness then stands behind Jocelyn. After they turn to leave he looks at the empty plaque and thinks to himself, 'It's blank! Brock's name is not there. If he dies, who will know how to spell it? He is a bitter fellow that dwarf. Hmm... ' But even Baeros knows this is the time to keep his thoughts to himself.
When they start to climb out Baeros asks Jocelyn, "Before we leave, let's speak with the acolyte about rising against the League. And it seems she doesn't know about her goddess history, so maybe you should do the speaking. By the way, did you really abandoned the Kohen? Err... coming to think of it, she doesn't like you too so much, so maybe I'll do the speaking. Conquer her with my warrior charm." he smiles and winks at Jocelyn.
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Gallath hands them over to him. "Oh..." he says. "I imagine that the farmers were less than happy about that."
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"About what?" Ouragana asks, but her attention is really on Koh'kra. She wants him to get respected by the people of Narin. That's why she chose a dish that doesn't need to be cut. It wouldn't do if people saw an Arakocra tear pieces of meat off with talons and beak...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Gallath and Ouragana (Paragon Inn)
Koh'kra awkwardly picks up the spoon and attempts to mimic Ouragana's actions. He digs around in the stew until he finds a piece of meat. Then he snatches it off the spoon with his beak, throws back his head, and lets it drop down his gullet. He 'caws' in triumph then begins digging for the next piece.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana smiles. She digs for a piece of meat herself, shows it to Koh'kra and clearly names it: "Meat"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Meeeeeeat-ah," Koh'kra repeats, over-enunciating. He digs out another piece with his spoon and swallows it whole like the last one.
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

"About making peace with the birdmen. In my experience, humans are out for blood, not treaties. I wish that all civilized races could live in peace, perhaps a council with translators and a council..." He trails off, lost in thought.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros steps forward towards Leanna. "Hello again. The temple is marvelous." he looks around, "and so are you. It is easy to detect your touch in here. You are doing a great job here. I'm sure Gonto appreciate the work you do. And so does the higher ranks of the church. Everything is so organized, and shining. You can feel Gonto essence flow through the walls, the decorations and everything about us.
You know... On the way here we passed by Mond. The League are attacking entire cities with walking corpses, creatures from different planes, fireballs and skeletal dragons. They want to destroy all order and by doing so they also harm all trades and riches. If I'm not mistaken it's the opposite way of Gonto's teachings. I'm sure Gonto would like these attacks to stop. Think of the trade that could be done if Mond was peaceful. Think of the order and organization in the cities if they were not under constant assault.
I think if you report this to the higher ranks and suggest they will support putting this war to an end, they will appreciate it alot and will look at you even highly.
If you want we can report to you the full details what we have seen and you can relay it up the ranks."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana's head snapped back to look at Gallath when he made his remark about humans beoing out for blood. "What do you mean, humans are out for blood?" she asks heatedsly. "Well sure some are, but there are many cultures with very different ways of settling disputes!" Her eyes spakrle. As Gallath goes on, she calms a bit. "Yes, I too would love to see a world of peace. and as for translations, I could help. I know quite a number of languages... and I hope to learn more."
She turns her attention back to Koh'kra. "Meat good?" she asks, smacking her lips and rubbing her tummy.