Starting level 1.

Moderator: Breila

Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The game starts here

Post by Breila »

The wrinkled face of the old priest almost explodes in a smile that goes from ear to ear. Also in Latin, he replies: "Ah, how good it is to meet a man with education! And a youg one at that! But let us use the vulgaris of this village. This way, the listeners have a chance to learn."

He turns to Eloise, speaking Common: "My young daughter, please bring us some of what my fellow servant of God here is enjoying."

To Christopher, he then says: "If you go out now, you'll find a man holding my mule by the reins, his name is Fritz. You can confide your horse to him, he was the youngest of Lord Valckenburg's stable boys and is now foreman at the stud. To please God, he also takes care of my mounts."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

Saul looks to Christopher and shrugs. "We have a long journey before us. There is no reason not to be prudent in your spending."
"as long as you don't talk about one anchor fellating someone."-TSD
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Christopher shares the old priest's grin. "I hoped Latin better understood, being a stranger here, but perhaps my Latin is not so good. And my vulgaris is better.

"Gratitude for your offer, but I would see stables before accepting, for safety of Apollo and other horses. Big horses make trouble. Fight." John gives the sort of ironic grin that is half grimace.

"But what say you about 'the stud'?" Christopher is seeing opportunity and trouble at the same time. Opportunity, for stud services from a horse like Apollo would surely be worth a few coins, and trouble because of the inevitable battles between Apollo and the other stallions there.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Of course." Moving slightly on one foot she motions to 'Christopher' "Would you like some Stew?" These people were strange, mot what she expected, but then what did she expect?

"What brings learned men here?" She asks, playing with the apron.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"Stew, bread, and beer, danke. And not very learned man - ritter commanded I learn Latin."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Eloise curtseys and returns to the kitchen. "The Holy Men would like to have Stew, and bread." She says to Yolanda.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"Holy quest, indeed. I never said it was holy. Just important," Christopher says to Saul. "Just because you took a vow...

After a moment, Christopher grins "Oh, cease your gaping, Saul. A jest, only. That one is too young for me."
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

Saul lets out a bark of uproarious laughter. "Oh, only youth can make me laugh in such a way!" He eats the last few bites of stew left in his bowl and addresses the priest, "I was given lodging for the night at the inn, but if our task holds us longer in this town, I'll need a place to stay. Am I welcome to use one of the pauper's chambers at the church?"
"as long as you don't talk about one anchor fellating someone."-TSD
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

The old priest seems suprised at Saul's question. "You have a task at Valckenburg? Well we have no pauper's chamber here, because the Abbey at the Baptist's Ford usually takes them."

He then takes the time to answer Christopher. "Go with Fritz then, and look at my stables. They are empty except for my mule. As for the stud, you probably have passed by some of its pastures. Lord Valckenburg used to breed riding horses, trained for hunting with birds. Since the Abbey is liege lord, donkeys and mules are bred as well. No job for your Apollo, I'm afraid."

The stable of the house behind the church indeed has two empty spacious stalls. Fritz points out that they could be outfitted with hay "in as much time as you need to eat your dinner". In the third stall is an ageing mule currently busy with its evening meal.

When Eloise comes into the kitchen, Yolanda gives her the requested items and comments: "Do not believe that because some man is on crusade, he is in any way holy."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I have never met a holy man.. or one on a crusade. Thank you for helping me." Eloise says as she takes the items and returns back outside. "Sirs?" Giving them a brief moment she places them on the table, then returns to the counter.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

The old priest beckons Eloise to come close, to give her a silver piece. "Please bring my dues to Yolanda immediately, I don't want to be in her debt" he explains.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Of course." Money in hand she places it behind the counter and pours Thelma a beer.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Christopher carefully checks the two empty stalls, looking for the small flaws that can inadvertently result from poor maintenance, but which can be very hazardous to a horse. He's seen fine horses taken down by a loose nail, bad water or moldy hay. Satisfied, he walks Apollo and his riding horse into the two vacant stalls and strips them of saddles and luggage.

"Stay here. I will be back soon," he says, embracing each horse in turn.

"Please feed them - hay and some grain, but not too much sweet feed. Apollo, the big one, can kill you. You know horses. He can still kill you. Keep out of his stall, and do not touch him.
"Truth,"

So saying, Christopher gathers his luggage and heads back to the inn where, hopefully, his meal awaits.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"You love your animals" Fritz says matter-of-factly as he watches Christopher. "They will be better off here than in the inn's stables, it's much quieter." While John gathers his belngings, Fritz brings out a bushel of grain from a locked storage room. "That much for each of them?" he asks. "I will see that they get as much hay and water as they wish."

When Christopher comes back to the inn, a bowl of stew and two small flat breads are on the table for him. The stew is tasty, made mostly of root vegetables with some fresh peas and a few pieces of meat, probably mutton. The bread is still warm.

When Eloise pours Thelma a beer, Yolanda tells her: "Your friend's meals are not included in our deal. That'll be two coppers."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"My Sister." She replies matter of factly, "Two coppers from me, and silver from the priest."

Borderlands 3 - Navi