Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 5: Que-Kiri and the Plains

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 5: Que-Kiri and the Plains

Post by JadedDM »

Sunstar moves quickly, empowered by Mishakal's aura. She quickly chops down the kapak that just stabbed the old man. The creature melts into acid, pooling around her feet, as well as Goldmoon's. Unfortunately, this disrupts the cleric's spell, fizzling it.

Raistlin tries backing away, holding his staff before him to ward off attacks. "Caramon! You dolt, get over here!" he calls, as the draconian pursues him.

Meanwhile, Sturm steps up to cover Laurana's and Magpie's withdrawal. He cuts down another draconian with his blade, but only Magpie manages to get out of the way in time to avoid the acid.

The kapak that had paralyzed Riverwind stood over him, ready to deliver the killing blow. Or so Goldmoon believed. But the creatures had already expressed a desire to take the party alive, so instead he runs up behind Sturm, ready to drive his blade into the knight's back. But his short sword is unable to penetrate the plate mail and just bounces off.

Caramon turns away from his twin to aid the old dwarf, cutting down his opponent easily with his long sword, thanks to Mishakal's blessing. Again, the draconian melts away, badly burning both he and the dwarf in the process.

Fortunately, Raistlin is not left on his own entirely. Tasslehoff comes up behind the wizard's opponent and smacks him pretty hard with his hoopak. Then Tanis, dropping his bow and drawing his elven sword, finishes the kapak off. While the acid that results burns through Tanis' and Tas' boots, poor Raistlin is only wearing sandals. His feet and legs are badly burned and he screams in agony as he hastily backs away from it.

Now there is only one kapak left standing, the one who tried and failed to stab Sturm from behind. Looking around the battlefield, realizing this simple scavenging trip had gone horribly wrong, he swears profusely to himself.

=================

Initiative Order
Caramon (1d10+5): 8
Tasslehoff (1d10+6): 12
Goldmoon (1d10+5): 9
Riverwind (N/A)
Laurana (1d10): 10
Magpie (1d10): 6
Sturm (1d10+4): 6
Sunstar (1d10+3): 5
Raven-eye (N/A)
Tanis (1d10+3): 12
Raistlin (1d10): 5
Flint (1d10+7): 13
Kapak 01 (1d10+3): 9
Kapak 02 (N/A)
Kapak 04 (1d10+3): 9
Kapak 05 (1d10+3): 6
Kapak 06 (1d10+3): 8
Kapak 07 (1d10+3): 11
Kapak 09 (N/A)

Round 2!

Raven-eye remains in full defense.
Riverwind is paralyzed.
Kapak 02 remains asleep.
Kapak 09 remains asleep.
Sunstar moves around Goldmoon and attacks Kapak 07 with her two dwarven hand-axes (1d20+3): 21, hit for (1d6+4): 5 damage and (1d20+3): 18, hit for (1d6+4): 10 damage. Kapak 07 melts into a puddle of acid. Sunstar and Goldmoon take (1d8): 1 damage.
Raistlin goes into full defense (AC improves by 2 points) and backs away ten feet.
Magpie, still in full defense, withdraws five feet to the northwest.
Sturm attacks Kapak 01 with Brightblade (1d20+6): 23, hit for (1d10+7): 14 damage. Kapak 01 melts into a puddle of acid. Laurana and Sturm take (1d8): 5 damage.
Kapak 05 moves 20 feet and stabs at Sturm from behind with his short sword (1d20+2-1-3): 11, miss.
Caramon attacks Kapak 04 with his long sword (1d20+4): 20, hit for (1d8+6): 13 damage. Kapak 04 melts into an acid puddle. Caramon and Flint take (1d8): 7 damage.
Kapak 06 moves forward ten feet and attacks Raistlin (1d20-3): 8, miss.
Goldmoon has her prayer disrupted.
Kapak 01 is dead.
Kapak 04 is dead.
Laurana, still in full defense, withdraws five feet to the north.
Kapak 07 is dead.
Tasslehoff attacks Kapak 06 from behind with his hoopak (1d20+3): 19, hit for (1d6+3): 6 damage.
Tanis attacks Kapak 06 with his elven long sword (1d20+3): 17, hit for (1d8+4): 9 damage. Kapak 06 melts into a puddle of acid. Tanis, Tasslehoff and Raistlin all take (1d8): 8 damage.
Flint's opponent is already dead.

(Actions for Round 3?)
Attachments
Key:<br />Brown squares - Ruined buildings<br />Re - Raven-eye<br />Su - Sunstar<br />St - Sturm<br />F - Flint<br />Ta - Tanis<br />G - Goldmoon<br />O - Old Man (Dead)<br />Ra - Raistlin<br />C - Caramon<br />Ri - Riverwind (Paralyzed)<br />Ts - Tasslehoff<br />M - Magpie<br />L - Laurana<br />1-9 - Draconians (2 and 9 are asleep)
Key:
Brown squares - Ruined buildings
Re - Raven-eye
Su - Sunstar
St - Sturm
F - Flint
Ta - Tanis
G - Goldmoon
O - Old Man (Dead)
Ra - Raistlin
C - Caramon
Ri - Riverwind (Paralyzed)
Ts - Tasslehoff
M - Magpie
L - Laurana
1-9 - Draconians (2 and 9 are asleep)
Que-Kiri Ruins.jpg (43.82 KiB) Viewed 5792 times
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Goldmoon takes out her sling and bullets and shoots at the remaining draconian.

INIT 3, Attack 13, hits AC5 for 4 damage
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

"Help him!" Tas calls out to the others and indicates Raist. He runs at the other dragon man with his stick and attempts yet another thwack on the mean creatures. They have no sense of humor. (( INIT: 14, 16 To hit with mods, and damage by GM ))
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Laurana maintains her defensive stance, winching in pain as the acid burns her skin
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Spinning around, Sturm swings his ancient blade into the creature attacking him from behind, cowardly creatures.

Init: 1d10=9
Attacks:1d20+5=12, 1d20+5=15 Hit AC 5 & 2
Damage: 1d10+6=7, 1d10+6=9
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Ignoring the acid burns, Sunstar moves up on the final draconian and attacks with her hand axes once again.

Init Roll, Hit Rolls (10, 16,8)
DMG Roll (8)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Flint is momentarily taken back as he watches two of the acid puddles near him evaporate before his eyes.

Meanwhile, Goldmoon flings a stone over Sunstar's head, but the kapak sees it coming and just barely avoids it. He tries to stab Sturm again, but finds his short sword cannot penetrate the full plate of the Solamnic. Sturm and Sunstar strike at once, easily cutting him down before he can even stammer out a plead for surrender. The kapak melts at their feet, doing them both further harm.

All that remains now are the two sleeping ones. Raven-eye hurries to check on Sunstar, while Tanis does likewise with Raistlin. The kapaks did seriously damage to the party with their death throes, even though they didn't get in very many hits. Riverwind remains paralyzed by their venom, unable to move or speak.

===============

Initiative Order
Goldmoon (1d10+5): 8
Tasslehoff (1d10+6): 14
Laurana (N/A)
Sturm (1d10+4): 13
Sunstar (1d10+3): 13
Raven-eye (N/A)
Tanis (N/A)
Raistlin (N/A)
Flint (N/A)
Caramon (N/A)
Riverwind (N/A)
Kapak 02 (N/A)
Kapak 05 (1d10+3): 12
Kapak 09 (N/A)

Round 3!

Goldmoon slings a rock toward Kapak 05 (1d20+2): 13, miss.
Kapak 05 strikes at Sturm with his short sword (1d20-4): 9, miss.
Sturm attacks Kapak 05 with Brightblade (1d20+6): 13, hit for (1d10+7): 8 damage.
Sunstar attacks Kapak 05 with her hand-axes (1d20+3): 17, hit for (1d6+4): 9 damage and (1d20+3): 9, miss. Kapak 05 melts into a puddle of acid. Sturm and Sunstar take (1d8): 5 damage.

Melee ends.
Attachments
Key:<br />Brown squares - Ruined buildings<br />Re - Raven-eye<br />Su - Sunstar<br />St - Sturm<br />F - Flint<br />Ta - Tanis<br />G - Goldmoon<br />O - Old Man (Dead)<br />Ra - Raistlin<br />C - Caramon<br />Ri - Riverwind (Paralyzed)<br />Ts - Tasslehoff<br />M - Magpie<br />L - Laurana<br />1-9 - Draconians (2 and 9 are asleep)
Key:
Brown squares - Ruined buildings
Re - Raven-eye
Su - Sunstar
St - Sturm
F - Flint
Ta - Tanis
G - Goldmoon
O - Old Man (Dead)
Ra - Raistlin
C - Caramon
Ri - Riverwind (Paralyzed)
Ts - Tasslehoff
M - Magpie
L - Laurana
1-9 - Draconians (2 and 9 are asleep)
Que-Kiri Ruins.jpg (42.97 KiB) Viewed 5762 times
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Letting the fighters take care of the two sleeping draconians, Goldmoon looks at everyone who took damage. Since Raistlin is the worst off, she asks Mishakal to heal him. Then she goes over to Riverwind and makes sure that despite being paralyzed, he is as comfortable as he can be. "I'm sorry beloved, I can't do more for you right now" she whispers and strokes over his hair and face. "If the poison hasn't worn off until after I've rested and prayed, I think I will be able to do something."

Then, she shows everybody with acid burns how to treat them, and sees to Flint's wound with her healing and herbalism skills.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

When Goldmoon comes to tend to Raistlin, Tanis steps away, cleaning and sheathing his blade and then picking up his fallen bow. He goes to retrieve his arrows, but they were destroyed by the acid. Frowning, he looks over to the two sleeping draconians. "I'm not sure what we should do about them," he says.

Raistlin's pain seems to lessen as Goldmoon prays over him. The acid burns do not heal entirely, but enough that he can stand again. He only nods his thanks silently to the priestess, but says nothing.

Once she's finished, she heads over to the cantankerous old dwarf to bind his wounds. She does what she can, but it is of little help. Luckily, Flint seems pretty hardy for a dwarf his age.

========

Goldmoon casts Cure Light Wounds on Raistlin (1d8): 4 HP are restored
Goldmoon uses Healing on Flint (1d20): 16, fail.
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Tas goes over to Raist and nudges him. "How is it?" He asks with a frown on his face.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"If they were human, I would be reluctant to kill them, however as it appears they are dangerous even in death." Sturm looks at the pools of Acid on the ground, "We should restrain them at the very least, perhaps we could get something from them?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"They mentioned Qualinost Tanis, my Father spoke of an Army at the borders, could..." She pauses, trying to ignore the burning sensations, yet failing, "I have to go back home, I have to warn them!" Sitting down she pulls off her boots, rubbing her feet.

"Me come with you home?" Magpie asks, slumping down next to Laurana, "These not like the Bosses I know, they no melt your feet." She reaches in her pack, "You want cure for feet?" she asks rummaging around for something.

"Yes Magpie, you can come, and no I am fine." Laurana responds.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I will survive," Raistlin says to Tasslehoff grimly.

Tanis nods to Sturm. "Restrain them with, though? Does anyone have any rope?" He looks over to Raistlin. "How long will they sleep?"

"At least another quarter hour, give or take a few minutes," the wizard responds.

To Laurana, Tanis says, "We will. But really, this doesn't change anything immediate. We should still head to Solace first. It's on the way. From there, we can head south to Gateway, then on to Qualinost." He had his doubts the elves would allow a group with humans, a kender and a gully dwarf in their borders...but these were unusual times. In any case, he keeps that thought to himself.
Attachments
Key:<br />Red X - Party's current location<br />Blue line - Tanis' proposed path
Key:
Red X - Party's current location
Blue line - Tanis' proposed path
Abanasinia Map 02.png (250.68 KiB) Viewed 5748 times
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Re: Character Stats

Post by Jenara »

"I hope we are not too late." Laurana comments as she looks around. "Surely there is some rope somewhere?" Standing she looks at the fallen old man, they couldn't save him.

"May the Gods take your soul to its final resting place." She says as she steps towards him, leaving her boots on the grass.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Sunstar looks to her brother once he approaches. "Are you okay?" she asks. She doesn't look to be in the best of shape herself, but she seems to be shrugging off the pain of the acid burns.