Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 3: Descent into Darkness

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 3: Descent into Darkness

Post by Jenara »

"You can look with me!" She grabs Tanis's hand and pulls him to the door to the left.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

Raistlin glances at his brother and begins to follow Tanis. "This city holds many secrets..." he says quietly as he follows the half elf.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Yes..." Goldmoon murmurs, her voice trailing off.
Then she pulls herself together. "Should we try the other door, then?" she asks Riverwind, Tas and Flint.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Tanis and Laurana head to the double doors on the left of the statue, with Raistlin trailing behind them. Tanis pushes the doors open, revealing a circular fresco, faded and damp with age, covering the walls of a 60' tall room. A domed ceiling vaults overhead. Fungus creeps down the walls.

Meanwhile, Goldmoon, Flint, Tas, and Riverwind head to the opposite room. Riverwind pushes open the doors. They find themselves in a very similar room with a high domed ceiling. Fungus creeps down the walls, covering frescos faded beyond recognition. To the west, five squat figures claw at the wall with stubby fingers, scraping the frescoes into a heap of wet plaster on the floor.

The dwarves are filthy and covered in scars, boils, sores and brown splotches. Their hair is unkempt and dirty, their clothes are mismatched rags in tatters. And their smell is overwhelming even to those with a less than keen sense of smell.

Unaware of the party's presence, they continue scratching and scraping. "Claw mates, claw!" says one of them to the others. "Need get pictures off walls! Me hear that humans used to keep pretty treasure behind walls with pictures. Highbulp might give us special favors if bring a pretty to him."

Flint growls and then spits on the ground. "Peh! Gully dwarves!" he says with utter disgust.

With a start, the gully dwarves all whirl around and realize that the heroes are in the room. "It's the masters, mates!" shouts the leader. All the dwarves drop like sacks to their knees. Faces pressed against the slimy floor, they grovel out, whimpering, "We didn't mean nothin' by it, your lordship! Please don't beat us!"
Attachments
Gully_Dwarves.jpg
Gully_Dwarves.jpg (243.74 KiB) Viewed 6321 times
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Ohhh." Laurana says with a rather crestfallen frown, "This musy have been very pretty at some point in time. It does rather smell doesn't it?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Standing by the large doors Sturm keeps Brightblade drawn, admiring the statue with awe.
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Tas sniffs the air. "Phew!" He looks at Flint. "They're dwarves! That's like cousins for you. I've got lots of cousins. We could have a family gathering and have a party. A party would be good." He looks at the gully dwarves and blinks realizing that he's being called a master. "I've never been a master, either. The dragon thing was fun. This is fun, too. I bet we get a prize or something." He steps forward kicks aside some of the filth.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Utterly puzzled, Goldmoon looks at the dwarves. "We're not your masters, we've never been here before!

And your masters must be very bad people, if they force you to live in such a state. When did you last see them?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Tanis looks around the room and sighs. "Yes, it was. It must have been a magnificent city back then." He walks up to the moldy fresco and gently wipes away at it. "Mishakal said that it was man who turned their backs on the gods. But can we really be blamed for that? How many thousands were killed, how many cities were wiped out...just to punish a few?"

=================

"Cousins!" Flint shouts. "The Aghar are no cousins of any real dwarf! They're vermin!"

Riverwind's lip curls up in disgust at the creatures before them. "Look at how they cower and whimper. Even goblins compose themselves with more dignity."

The leader gully dwarf stops moaning and squirming long enough to look up at Goldmoon. "Not masters? Not beat poor us?" The other gully dwarves cease their groveling for a moment to hear better, as well. "Masters down in city, deep below. They make us work, they beat us. Saw them two hours ago. No more than two," he says, holding up two fingers.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Goldmoon sighs. "Didn't Mishakal just ask us to unite? And you're squabbling and despising again! she reprimands her companions. Then she turns to the Aghar. "So your masters come here and beat you? Where do they come from? And what do they tell you to do?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"It would have been quite lovely." Laurana sighs looking at the fresco's, "Our people turned away too, the Elves curse the gods, curse the Humans, getting The Speaker to work with Humans is all but impossible."

Keeping near Tanis she smiles, his presence made her feel safe, she had come all this way to see him after all.

"I wonder what this shows." She comments, wiping away the Fresco with part of her cloak.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Caramon follows behind Raistlin, stopping in the doorway where he can watch Tanis, Raistlin, and Lauranna while still keeping sight of Sturm and the other doorway.... " Shouldn't we keep going Raist? I'm sure this paintings were real nice and pretty once. But, it's not like looking at a bunch of old pictures is going to do us any good is it? "
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Come from below, down in city," the Aghar says. "Masters make us pull, make us dig, make us move, make us do things."

Flint shakes his head and crosses his arms. His hostility toward these creatures is plainly evident.

===========

Laurana rubs at the fresco, but it's no use. Whatever image was once there has long since faded away to nothing in the past three and a half centuries.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Shame." She says with a shrug, throwing her blonde hair about she spins around. "I guess Caramon is right, I wonder what the others have found..?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

"We can be your friends, instead!" Tas says cheerfully and advances towards the Gully Dwarves without fear. He gets close and tries not be rude to the smelly fellows. "Friends help each other, yes? We could use some help if you do not mind helping us?" He looks at the tiny fellows in idle fashion noting the things left laying around the place. The clutter around the place is rather tempting in itself.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy