Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (This is the Game Thread)

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (This is the Game Thread)

Post by Jenara »

(ooc: Its "Jackel" Sorry my bad, I may have made a mistake once, Muffin Man keeps getting it wrong, think its on purpose!)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Kim sits there, relaxed, watching the scene unfold. Let Searos get himself into trouble, that might be entertaining... certainly more entertaining than the spoiled brat who insisted on having her family name used, or the famished youngster.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

After finishing her meal (what was done quickly) Vee starts to talk with curiosity in her eyes
"It sounds like great adventure! 'a soul not at rest' sounds intresting! did any people see the soul? Or even try it?" she asks at Amon "I've never seen a haunted hous, that would be really exiting!"
She turns to Echo and smiles at her: "So miss Soulstaff, I can't give you my family nameeither because I'm not in my family any more, but if you want to be polite, you can call me by my full name V E E L E Y A N A."
She gives another bright naughty smile and plays with one of her braids
I am NOT sweet!
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"It's nice to meet you, Vee," Amon says. "I did not see you earlier today...are you associated with this group? As for the haunted house, I heard that Jackel claims to have tried to go there once. I remembered he talked about a great deal, until the free drinks stopped coming. Personally, I think he just wanted the attention," he adds as an aside.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Nevertheless, it might be useful to listen to him. There's probably a grain of truth in his tales. But I don't think we'll have to bother. Searos will certainly come here to boast of what he has found out. Of course, we'll have to find out how much of what he says is true."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I think I'll stick with calling you Vee like everyone else here," Echo says to the younger girl absently. She was listening too much to the conversation around them to really pay attention to Vee. "So you are all wanting to check out our local haunted house?" Echo asks curiously.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Well... why not? I mean, we are here, it seems a shame not to.." She winks, could she really be that casual about such a thing?

"And Vee is with me." Brax responds simply.

Brax Stands slowly, rising from her seat she walks over to the table where Searos and Jackel sit... "I believe my friend here." She pats Searos on the back hard. "He just wants to hear your story."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

"It sounds like this is a verry intresting group. mabye we can get to the hounted house and look out for the grain of truth in this tales. Searos is one of your group in't he?"
Vee turned to Amon " Yes you're right I wasn't with this group earlier. I was looking for the inn and Brax was so kind to help me and bring me here. Interesting people here, I think." she makes a little pause.
"And mabye in this hounted house there is a treasure, in the tales there is some evrytime, and I can really need the money!"
I am NOT sweet!
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Well, can't we all use the money" Kim muses. "But I'm surprised nobody seems to be thinking about possible dangers."

Kim stays at the table, sipping the wine quietly.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"If the house is truly haunted, then Mage Kim is right. It would be quite dangerous then, especially for one as young as yourself, Miss Vee," Amon says. From the looks of him, he's at least ten years older than the girl.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"What did you see?" Brax asks as she allows herself a seat, Jackel glares at her, his eyes burning into her.

Making a small motion with her hand he relaxes. "Tell us, please?"

“I seen ‘em, all glowing eyes, red and shiny they were, a look of such evil…” He shudders, glancing at Brax. “Devils, there be Devils!!” He covers his face with his hands, hiding from her gaze, when it is apparent she wasn’t going to turn into a monster in the inn he relaxes.

“See I came here, Oh I’d heard stories, stories of gold hidden in the rafters, the Lords Wealth, wasted, lost to time. See no one dared go near there because of the Little Lady Haunting the halls…” He swigs from the bottle, taking a long hard gulp.

“So, I came to find my fortune, and instead… I found nothing but misery.” He glances to Searos and Brax, “You wanna find it do ya? You can start by being generous and gimme me another drink!”

“Then we can discuss money, I reckon what I know should be worth at least 20 gold, considering the haul you are gonna get, why shouldn’t I get a little somein’ too?”

(Ooc: waiting for Gunter and Searos to respond)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos gives Brax an annoyed look and then pours the crazy guy another drink.

"Tell me a little bit about this Lord's treasure. Did you actually see it?"
Do YOU know the muffin man?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(ooc: Sorry)

“Treasure, did I see treasure?” His eyes glaze over, recalling the sights, “See I went in round the back way, so them goolies wouldn’t see me, round the back, past the old well, and dammed it all to hell there were still water in there!” He lets out a guffall and realising no one was joining in he continues.

“I went in through the door, the old thing creaked and groaned, hell I almost soiled myself right there!” He blushes, taking another huge sip, “The Kitchen, and the scullery, they be all beaten up, everything is broke like a Devil went and destroyed the place, and the creepies… well they be everywhere. Damn creepies, one of them bit me, boy did I yell.” He shows off a nasty insect bite on his leg almost like it was a badge of honor. The bite is far larger than a normal insect could manage.

“Made me feel queasy it did, I nearly gone and turned around then, but, I wanted the gold, and the Jewels see? So, I went to the stairs in the corner of the room, where better to hide gold but in the Cellar right? With all those expensive bottles of wine… I was then she shrieked at me, the Little Lady, I heard her, clear as day.

“Go back, do not disturb me from my slumber.” His face goes deathly pale recalling the memory. “It was horrible, a voice from the grave, then they came after me. Hoards of Ghosts came from the walls, scared me nigh on half to death, so I ran out there as fast as I could.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

(ooc: Oh no worries. Professional disagreements, ya feel me? :P)

Searos pours the guy another drink. "And how long ago was this? And it was the little girl? Not the lord of the place?"
Do YOU know the muffin man?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(occ: wasnt trying to railroad)

"That be two years ago, aint no one tried since, no one even dared. And it was her, I heard her as clear as day."

Borderlands 3 - Navi