Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Chapter 1 - Waterdavian Affairs

A 5e D&D campaign starting at 1st level in and around the city of Waterdeep in the Forgotten Realms.

Waterdeep: City of Splendours, seat of many thousand plots. Are they opportunities for success, or for an untimely demise?
Will the adventurers sit safely in their comfort zones? Or will they risk their all to carve out a slice of Realms history with their names on it? Puppet or puppeteer?

Moderator: Chris1234

Nocturno
King
King
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Chapter 1 - Waterdavian Affairs

Post by Nocturno »

"What I've gathered. He was informing to the Watch, he got clubbed on his way to a drop. They did not steal the coin. The people at the drop don't know he has been clubbed. I think we need to find out what these transactions of a 'moon a piece were for."

=====================
Teamwork rolls for some understanding on this whole thing?

Also would a couple insight rolls be able to tell Sue if he can tell the couple are being full forthright now at this point? If he can he will suggest the adventuring company, to see if they could move a bit more freely through the city.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

======
Yes. Definitely. If you state the questions/issues that the team wish to resolve I will then set up a Skill Challenge for the team's resolution (as a group.)
If Sue makes explicit questions to the group, e.g. "Is there anything else that you've found in this apartment or that you think belongs to the deceased that we haven't examined as a group?" then you can apply Insight to any replies.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Is this everything? We need to all to hopefully piece this all together." He will look at Nix and the cleric.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Alecia roots through her pockets in a show of finding anything. (If in the unlikely event she hasn't brought anything out she will do so.)

(NB I believe that's what Nix planned to do and check each one)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

======
The magical dagger was from the Hanging Lantern.
There was also a brutal looking (non-magical) dagger under the bed.
Nix has; (posted in his private thread.)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Sorry for delays]
TristenC wrote:Lol, do the cheesers (cheese-tweesers) smell like the mouldy cheese? And isn't all cheese mouldy? could one cut a good bit out of the center and safely try it?

Nix will compare the tweeser gunk to cheese and lard. He will look to see if the lard may have been manipulated by hand (indicating perhaps it was used to grease something?) although all the cook's tools suggest it is mundane.

He will examine the contents of the waterskins (water, wine, mead? oil, what have you)
As well as the two stoppered vials (very carefully, aiming away in case of "Ka-boom")

He will ask for and closely examine the canary (for markings, movement, hollowness and such)
He will examine the signet ring for the same (moving parts, markings inside the band or not obvious, any falsities in the make)
He will examine the tweezers (as I think he has not yet)

He will examine the cloak (mundane garment? any significant markings or the like?) contemplate if maybe just fancy dress for nookie or the like ;)
He will do the same for the red silk and mask

I did not realize there were two sets of leathers (under bed and bundle). so is one like a harness (the pegs and such seem like made for climbing) and is the other some sort of bondage/fetish equipment?

by examine I mean to the utmost of Non-destructive testing that he is capable of doing without researching for a week.
Let me know which/how many rolls are needed, or you can make them for me if it is easier that way
Chris1234 wrote: My previous post (in this thread) has been interactively edited about a dozen times so you might want to check it out.
DOne about 40 rolls for this lot. Oh well. Great to see you back btw!

To answer your queries:
Yes, same odour, as far as one can tell. Cutting a sample shows that it is surface mould, white/blue/green, which is quite common and can be scrapped off. After scraping the cheese tadstes like a mature cheddar with a strong coppery flavour.
Lard is mundane, used for cooking. Just cooking.
Waterskins, vials & tweezers covered in previous post. Let me know if you wish to open the wax-sealed vial.
The ring has no apparent moving parts.
Nix speculates on a 'nookie cloak' which could be correct but is completely unsubstantiated by any evidence.
Red silk and mask are clearly not 'easy access', so while anything whatsoever could have an 'interest' for a a person so-minded then its's possible but on balance, unlikely. The more obvious 'it's fancy dress' seems likely.
The leathers (with lots of straps) could well be fetish stuff. Probably best to ask an expert.
The ropes and pegs could well be fetish stuff. Probably best to ask an expert.

All of the above takes about an hour.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"So. What do we have then?" Alecia asks looking somewhat confused.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Sue looks at all the objects a little out of focus. I think we need to get all the facts straight together so we can figure out the next course of action.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Nix looks at the signet ring again (is the shmbold familisr to him or the others? Does it parallel amy symbology they've seen thusfar as in canary/parrot/lantern, etc)

I guess our next step is checking the meeting place without going through KHD.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I think that would be best. That place doesn't sound like the place for me." She comments still watching the pair sort through the pile of stuff, absentmindedly she begins to clean and service the crossbow that sat against the wall.

"For one there is only three of us." Alecia adds checking the locking mechanism, her voice full of concern.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Well, I'm not worried about our numbers. The smaller amount of us snooping around the sewers probably the better."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Nix nods, Do you have any good ideas where we might find easy, inconspicuous sewer access where we need it?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Nix looks once more at the signet ring with the bird-shaped red carnelian that was found under the floorboards. The carnelian is shaped like a parrot.
It would pass for simple, albeit moderately expensive dress jewelry were it not for the other references to the bird of that colour in the party invitation and the fancy dress costume.
Nix is unaware of any independent symbology relating to it.

As Nix has raised the topic of ring symbology, eyes naturally turn to the other ring on the table. Found on the deceased, it is silver & engraved with a likeness of a Minotaur.

======
Nix & Alecia can make History (Int) checks, DC10. Nix has advantage.
DC20 gets extra info.
(Sue has already failed this check and doesn't get another go.)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Nix has heard of a gang by that name.