Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 1: This Place Sucks

A solo adventure in which Echo Soulstaff searches for the man she believes is her father.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 1: This Place Sucks

Post by JadedDM »

"Wow, really? That must be incredibly frustrating! Is there a story behind the one?" Nuvain asks, curious.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"At home, I'm known as the Ice Queen," Echo explains. "Some of the young men there decided to place a bet on who could crack my so called icy exterior. I didn't know it at the time, so I fell into the game easily enough. Most of the ones that were taking place in the bet I didn't much like in the first place, but there was one that wasn't so...annoying to me. His name was Cyprian, and I guess you could say I found him attractive, so I wasn't quite on guard around him. He took notice of it, and played the part of my type of prince charming. It took about a month of wooing me and breaking my defenses before he finally managed to get me into bed. When I woke up the next day, he was gone. The next day after that, I saw him at the tavern drinking with his buddies, and that is when I learned of the bet. He was so smug that had managed to break the so called Ice Queen. I could have slapped him, and I wanted to kill him, but instead I just walked off without causing a scene," Echo says. It is hard to tell how she feels on the whole matter now as she tells the story so calmly. Though, it seems like, at some point, she was hurt. "I was seventeen,I think."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Wow, that sounds awful. And now I think I understand humans even less than I did before," he says sympathetically. "I'm sorry you had such a bad first experience."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo simply shrugs it off as if it was no big deal. "The sex part of it wasn't so bad, I guess. The men in my town are just evil toads, so really I should have known better."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Well, there are plenty of good men out there, I am sure. Maybe you'll even meet some on this pilgrimage. I know just about everyone in the group, so if you are interested in anyone, just let me know. I can probably tell you some about them, since that is the human custom, yes? To know beforehand?" Nuvain asks.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, I've met Gimog, Hollidan, the female paladin whose name escapes me at the moment, and the the handsome paladin that seems to be leading the whole group," Echo says. "And there is the Pharise and you of course. Though, it isn't really just about knowing them before hand," she adds thoughtfully. "I think there has to be some sort of attraction first as well. Honestly, I'm not even an expert at this sort of thing."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Nuvain nods. "Oh, sure. I thought that went without saying. I mean, why have sex with someone you aren't attracted to?" He pauses and thinks. "Well, I guess there might be reasons. Human reasons, probably. But I can't think of any. So, are you attracted to anyone right now?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, there are only two I would consider at the moment, and that is the handsome paladin and maybe Hollidan," she says thoughtfully. "And that is only to say that I find them both easy on the eyes."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Nuvain nods. "Well, if you want to go share one of their tents instead, I understand. But be careful with paladins. They tend not to go for that sort of thing, or so my experience has taught me."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo looks at the elf for a moment before she shakes her head. "I think I'll stay here," she said. She wasn't looking to hook up with anyone.

OOC: We can move on to the next day or whatever if you want.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Echo awakens that morning the same way she always does. Cold, alone, and grumpy. Only this time, instead of in her drafty room, and in her bed, she's on the floor of a tent wrapped up in a couple of blankets. Nuvain is nowhere to be found, but it's clearly morning now. Sadly, while the rain has cleared up, it didn't do anything for the temperature. It's still almost freezing out.

==========

It is now Turquise 3, 8:00 AM.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo lets out a small groan and considers just staying under the blankets for the rest of the day, but she forces herself up. She runs her fingers through her hair to get it to look at least semi-decent before she packs up her stuff and steps out of the tent. She can only hope that maybe there is food somewhere as she is a bit hungry as well as freezing.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Echo steps out of the tent to find most of the pilgrims have already started packing up their gear. Those who went to the inn for the night have returned. The Pharise and his clerics are rounding everyone up, preparing them to set out again. The paladins are all talking with each other, discussing something or another.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo lets out a small sigh as she moves to get her horse ready to go. Though, she purposely walks past the paladins to see if she can catch what they are talking about.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"You weren't able to find out anything from the locals about the forest?" asks Bulwark.

Hollidan shakes his head. "Just that it might be dangerous."

"And we already guessed that much," Cadegund says. "I just wish we didn't have to bring all of these non-combatants in there. Couldn't we just leave them here in the village for now?"

"You know they'd never agree to that," Bulwark responds. "And even if they did, this village can't support them. They'd be just as vulnerable."

"Guess you're right," Cadegund says. "It's just such a huge responsibility. I don't want to screw it up."

"We won't. It's not just us three," Hollidan points out. "We have the clerics, too. And a mage. We can protect them. Don't worry about it."