Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Time to prepare

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Time to prepare

Post by Breila »

The door Vee opens reveals another bedroom, this one has two single beds, one on either wall. These two still have matresses, the bunk beds in the other room were just frames with criscrossing straps that would hold up the matress, or would be quite comfortable to use with a bedroll. There is a strong odor of decay coming from the bed on the right.

Brax and Gunter pass behind Vee and Martin and proceed to the next door. When they open it, they only see the light coming through the gaps in the shutters. Their noses, however, are assaulted by the stench of cat urine.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Ugh." Brax says as she pulls Gunter close, "How horrible, this place needs a clean.. We can't stay here tonight."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

"Urrgh"
Vee tries to turn off her nose and closes the door again

"here is nothing interesting... Next door"
I am NOT sweet!
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos comes up the stairs and peers into the room. "Now there' a stench that'll sober you up quickly."
Do YOU know the muffin man?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Sighing Brax ushers the group together. "We have to clear this place, open the windows, chuck all the mattresses outside and have a fire."

"We need candles to make it smell better, kindling to start a fire... Let's do what we can." She looks up at Gunter, "Could you do something about out back?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

(OOC: There is one door upstairs none of you has tried yet)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Then Brax and Gunter open the door and look inside cautiously.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Brax's dark elven sight lets her see that this used to be the master bedroom. There is a kingsize four-poster bed with a carved headpiece, the hangings are missing, however.
The matress is still in place and emits a faint pleasant odor of straw and hay, there might even be some lavander mixed in.
In a corner of the room, there stands a rocking cradle, but it looks a bit lopsided.

Gunter can hardly see anything, because the lantern is with Vee and Martin in the first room.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Actually quite a nice room." Brax comments, nudging the tall ranger. "Fancy sharing?" She giggles.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Martin shivers. "That cradle...bad juju, that is. I'd be careful." He makes a warding gesture with his hands and turns around three times, counter-clockwise, then shuffles backwards into the hallway.

"Best you throw a little sunshiney hoodoo about this place, Radiance, while we see what died in the other bedroom. Gods, I hope it's just a squirrel."
"No matter where you go, there you are."
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos glances into the room. "I'm with Patches. That room creeps me out. I think I'd rather have the cat-piss room."
Do YOU know the muffin man?
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

(So, what do you plan on doing? Check what is decaying in bedroom #2, throw out the mattress in #3, or explore the garden? Also, all the shutters of the windows in the upper story are still closed)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Brax ignores the comment and steps inside the Master Bedroom opening the shutters wide. "Pelor, let your light banish the spirits of those since past. Shine on them and bring them to your welcoming arms.". Reaching into the folds of her cloak she produces a small candle (from her components) and lights it in the middle of the room.

"Let us get rid of the rotten mattresses, and burn them." She says after a few minutes silence.

(Suggest Vee and Brax clear the rotten stuff, Searos opens the Windows, Gunter clears the Garden somewhat, Martin makes it smell better [He is an expert with dealing with #$@!] And Reller helps to with the candles he brought.)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

[OOC] Unless there is something less than mundane going on in the house, might I suggest we do an '80s movie montage of the house cleaning (with some appropriately cheery background music) and move on to more weighty matters? Martin might even be able to round up a work force of local tweens to do the work, whilst providing a musical accompaniment.

Also, with regard to the cleanup, Martin has a few real concerns at the moment. One is the "strong smell of decay" in the one bedroom. Hopefully it's just a dead rat or squirrel or some such, but it needs to be investigated cautiously lest it be something more nasty.[OOC]

"Nice touch, Radiance, with the candle. But we may need a more potent blessing here, for does it not give you cause to pause, that an old widow should having a rocking cradle in her bedroom? What slept there, I wonder. And why would her children have left it, and the bed, behind when they picked the rest of the place clean?"
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Now that there is light in the master bedroom, it becomes clear why the cradle was left and why it looked a little lopsided: One of the "feet" broke of. It can't be used, because the baby would not lie level. Probably the old widow kept it out of nostalgia.

Who checks the right bed in bedroom #2?