Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Brainstorming

Down the Dungeon Way: Hosted by LadyWinterWolf. Group Members only!

Moderator: LadyWinterWolf

Stik
Baronet
Baronet
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Brainstorming

Post by Stik »

Don't say 'Duck.' Because a duck is really a hedgehog that thinks he's a dwarf.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
biggbrad
Peasant
Peasant

Post by biggbrad »

Hey everybody, my name is Brad. I will have a character posted this evening after work, just wondering how to go about generating my ability scores. It appears that we just choose our scores, as long as they are within reason? Happy to be a part of the group and looking forward to playing as it has been some time since I last played.
Kaber
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Kaber »

Heya Brad. Welcome to the game. If you've got dice then I believe you'd just roll as is standard. (personally I roll 3d6 and reroll any 1's and if the scores are really sucky roll 1d6 and distribute those points among your scores as you wish Depending on the character your playing.) You'd have to confirm that with LWW though. Then just post up your character in the character thread for review. It's also handy in keeping track of what your character has or dosen't have and of leveling.
The magic of life is it's mystery. Never let the wonder of it all die
LadyWinterWolf
Freeman
Freeman

Post by LadyWinterWolf »

Not sure how everyone else determined the scores for their characters here, but I did like Kaber (rolled 3d6 and rerolled any 1's) for each stat. Depending on what kind of character I was playing would determine where I put my scores.

The character should be at 4th level, and you get 1 magic item(simple like a scroll, potion or +1 weapon)
Long Live the Witch Queen!!!
LadyWinterWolf
Freeman
Freeman

Post by LadyWinterWolf »

biggbrad wrote:Suddenly, with a clanging of metal, a 6'9" bearded very gruff looking man barges past everyone in the party with 2 handed sword held high, and with a mighty battle cry brings his sword down directly on top of the creature in the middle, as if to completely slice it in 2...

Oh hell no!!!! :x

How could you do all that in one round without knocking down the entire party first, and the room is 40' long, with the creatures at the very far end of it??????

I will allow you to get as far as the entrance to the snake room, where you can introduce yourself to Sim, the mage. From there you can find out what is going on from him, and then advance further into the snake room.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

LadyWinterWolf wrote:
biggbrad wrote:Suddenly, with a clanging of metal, a 6'9" bearded very gruff looking man barges past everyone in the party with 2 handed sword held high, and with a mighty battle cry brings his sword down directly on top of the creature in the middle, as if to completely slice it in 2...

Oh hell no!!!! :x

How could you do all that in one round without knocking down the entire party first, and the room is 40' long, with the creatures at the very far end of it??????

I will allow you to get as far as the entrance to the snake room, where you can introduce yourself to Sim, the mage. From there you can find out what is going on from him, and then advance further into the snake room.
was going to say last night... but thats your job.

Plus myself and bjarg are pretty much in the doorway...
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
biggbrad
Peasant
Peasant

Post by biggbrad »

ok, sorry was just trying to follow jenara's characters lead and catch up to the group with the first post
biggbrad
Peasant
Peasant

Post by biggbrad »

Oh, and thanks for not sticking me on the trap :)
LadyWinterWolf
Freeman
Freeman

Post by LadyWinterWolf »

Ok then, anyway, I've answered your OOC question on your post, so go back to the gaming thread to see how I've explained your current situation.
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Yeah, not really my place to say, but that sort of behavior - bulling your way through our backfield with a greatsword and a battle cry - would likely earn you an attack from the party before you even got through the room... :)

But welcome aboard nonetheless.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
biggbrad
Peasant
Peasant

Post by biggbrad »

Stik wrote:
Yeah, not really my place to say, but that sort of behavior - bulling your way through our backfield with a greatsword and a battle cry - would likely earn you an attack from the party before you even got through the room... :)

Unfortunately, that is the demeanor of this character, he would have sized everyone up in passing and decided that noone was a true threat in the wake of his strength, as he has not ever been bested by anyone other than the minotaurs.

I, as the player, understand the consequences of his actions, but will continue to play him as the stupid muscular behemoth that fears no one, regardless of how many group members get angry with him. He will prove his worth with his sword.

And thanks for the welcome :P
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

biggbrad wrote:
Stik wrote:

Unfortunately, that is the demeanor of this character, he would have sized everyone up in passing and decided that noone was a true threat in the wake of his strength, as he has not ever been bested by anyone other than the minotaurs.

I, as the player, understand the consequences of his actions, but will continue to play him as the stupid muscular behemoth that fears no one, regardless of how many group members get angry with him. He will prove his worth with his sword.

And thanks for the welcome :P
Welcome.

Like Stik said, little advice, read the posts, LWW's are the most important, but ours will of course get you an understanding.

Your intended attack was well.. silly, firstly, you'd have to go through us all to get to the bad guys. Bjarg was in the doorway, he's not exactly tiny, and Esse had her weapon ready, she'd swing it at anything that moves.

Get a handle on the spatial awareness, and there is no reason why you can play him as a stupid barbarian... (although we already have one, Esse has her boy toy and she's happy, but she won't tell him that). He's not smart, but he has enough wisdom to think about his actions.

God, I sound like a b^&ch, I'm not. :)

Enjoy the game....
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
biggbrad
Peasant
Peasant

Post by biggbrad »

His plan was to impress everyone by splitting the creature in two, which in his mind would have been enough for everyone to forget that he just barged through them to get to that point. He also truly believes that this would have happened.

I really don't want anyone to think that I personally am an ass, I am just trying my best to play this character the way I envisioned him when I created him. I have read the entire thread a couple times and love all of the personality in the game.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Hey like I said, wasn't trying to be a bitch, just... trying to help!

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Kaber
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Kaber »

Lol, no worries here B. LWW will be sure to keep ya in line. It would have made a good entrance bu ya just gotta make it more feasable. Dreams of grandure and reality don't often meet at the same place.
The magic of life is it's mystery. Never let the wonder of it all die