Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thread)

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre

Post by Jenara »

(To push things along)

"Nocturno." Katten fumbles speaking his name, "Will you make a camp? My home is safe, I assure you." She grins.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Friend ranger, Indendien says, It is early still. If we press on we can reach our encampmemt well before dark. We must speak with our tribe as soon as we can.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Indendien, of course, you are correct." The inner face of her ears begin to turn a deep shade of pink as she darts forward and hugs her. "Yes, of course, I am just happy to be home. Our task is more important."

"We not stop. Make for Elves camp before sunset." She collects her weapons and shoulders the pack she had aquired from within the caves. "Ataya we make for the Elves Camp. De'tahhe Dath." . "Get things together.." She turns and strokes the bark of the Beautiful Drayd with a loving touch before taking Dillosel and Indemdien by the hands.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Nocturno will have just enough time to unshoulder his pack.

He will let out an audible sigh, then put his pack on his back.

"Women hey?" Elden will muse to the elf.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Friend upset?" Katten asks her head lifting as she watches the Elf and the Human. "Nesserrr make mistake, I feel like deer trapped in mud. Human call it 'Silly'.." She shrugs.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Nocturno will chuckle, and shake his head at the human.

"Oh uh no, just uh um You know women right... it is something us Menn say. it is now Elden's turn to blush.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Menn silly." Katten shakes her head, trying to ignore the enjoyment she felt at the Humans reaction.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

He? The dryad says with mild surprise. A male Drow… and a follower of Corellon Larenthian? She seems skeptical still. How do you know this Drow followed the First of the Seldarine? More than by words and trinkets, I hope…

As the Felis explains, Ataya’s visible concern seems to lessen slightly. Be careful with him still, dear one. She says, petting Katten’s soft fur idly. The Sunless are practiced deceivers. It may be that he is sincere, but it may take years to learn the truth.

After Indendien speaks and the party prepare to move, the Dryad smiles at the ranger’s gentle touch. Until we share the same shade, my friend. May your step fall fainter than the leaf and your passage be swift as the breeze. Ataya hugs Katten and each of the wild elves in turn.

The demihumans. Still dumbfounded or distracted by the whole experience, finally snap out of it as the Dryad addresses them. Be safe in your journeys home, small ones. They nod and thank her with varying degrees of embarrassment or attempted charm. She delicately passes Chitt a small acorn, and he springs back to light on Jordek’s head, causing a small giggle to break loose from the Dryad.

Finally she turns to Nocturno and the two humans. Watching them for a time, she nods as if to herself. Protect her, she says, obviously referring to the cat-ranger. And be well.

She points a long finger at Galegenoh, and the human starts abruptly. She beckons him forward with a finger and he stares transfixed, like a mouse in the eyes of a hungry cat. Ataya sighs, slightly perturbed, and motions Nocturno forward. As [if] he approaches, she draws out an acorn with a rich mahogany hue to it. Placing it gently in his hands, she closes them around it. Across the rift there is a tribe of men like him. It is near an elven village named Misailloend’ath. There is one near there who is like me. Seek her out, and give her this. She holds the High elf’s hands until he agrees. Softly she raises his closed hands to her lips and kisses them. A rush of warmth floods through him that seems at least partly magical. She will find you when you are near.

===
Misailloend’ath is a very old name for Misan, probably not used commonly in Nocturno’s lifetime. For him, her use of it implies that this dryad is probably at least 300 years old…
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

At the mention of protecting the Feliz, he will smirk, then nod. He thinks back to the fighting in the cave, and thinks of how that should not be a hard task.

Nocturno will step forward.

This odd feeling washing across him... it must be humility, something as a High Elf he is not used to.

When she mentions the ancient name he will understand after a moment. "I will, it will be my honor to speak with another of your kin." he will bow his head. "Thank you."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Smiling at her friend Katten holds her friends hands tightly. "You know Ataya dont you?" she asks the two Elves as they depart for the village.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

As Jordek prepares to leave with the group, he turns back to the dryad and waves a farewell while asking "May I come visit you again sometime? Chitt enjoys climbing you and you seem nice." As he turns away he strokes Chitt and muses "We really should have called on some of the neighbors this last century, people are nice around here."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Ataya smiles at Nocturno. Thank you. Tell her also that you and your friends have made war on the goblins... that will ease her mind.
The Dryad leans forward to kiss the top of his head. May the forest protect you as you do it, child of The Protector.

She smiles at Jordek's question. For me, it would be well if you decide to return. Nesserrr lives here too, however. You must ask her permission as well.

Indindien responds to Katten's query as they move out, Yes... she has been in this place for along time. I remember our tribe made camp near here when I was a girl... she caught Dillosel and I playing near her tree... each time our tribe migrates back this way, we make a point of visiting her.

As they move through the wood, Indendien and Dillosel take the lead turning Southeast, Katten not far behind. After only a couple of hours, the Feliz ranger gets the odd sensation of being watched, and hears only very faint movement around... perhaps barely more than woodland creatures might make.

Eventually the wood-elves stop in a small clearing. A single figure steps into view on the other side. Welcome home. We feared the worst. He says to the two wild elves. He raises a hand in greeting to Nesserrr, and his eyes fall calmly over the rest of the group. What has happened?

===
Katten would know Wild elves are semi-nomadic and migrate in a cycle every few years or so.
Attachments
180px-Wildelf11.jpg
180px-Wildelf11.jpg (12.41 KiB) Viewed 9747 times
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Greetings Honored one, Many Nisser are in caves, they have many captives." Katten begins to speak, "These friends helped, along with others who went with Menn.." She sighs placing a hand on Dillosels shoulder. "Eathaniel was taken." She adds. "We have map that shows where they are, but they are too big, we too small..."

"This is Noctourno, he is Fair one. Boyd, he killed Warg, he fought well. Elden, he fought with his fists. This Jordek he is friend of Forest." she then introduces the demihumans and the wild human.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

At his introduction Nocturno bow his head politely. When an opening allows him to speak: "I represent Misan in our conflict with this goblinkind."
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

As Jordek is presented he gives a cheery wave with a broad grin. "I have to admit, I'd forgotten how much fun meeting people is! Oh right, this is Chitt." as the squirrel pokes his head out of his hair. The smile vanishes as he stares at the single elf. "He. Is. Not. Food." With that message delivered the grin reappears.