Post by thefallenson »

Artanis a work in progress.

What do you guys think?
Nocturno
King
King

Re: Demiplane of Dread OOC Chat

Post by Nocturno »

Yes but with the luck of the kender, he avoids the trap and the poor dwarf gets the trap in the lower beard!
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Looks good so far with a couple of exceptions I noticed. The morningstar is npt listed in the allowed class weapons from Faiths and Avatars.

Also, I'm confused by the two-weapon specialization (Longsword).

The Ranger has the two-weapon fighting ability, but the offhand weapon must be smaller than the main one (per phb). Sorry, no dual wielding longswords.

Also, only Single-class Fighters can specialize. While the Ranger is a warrior class, it is not the Fighter class (otherwise there would be no benefit to taking straight fighters anyway)
thefallenson
Peasant
Peasant

Post by thefallenson »

Right, the morningstar was a brain fart...trying to get that good good double damage type. Consider that but in Complete Fighter it says that Rangers can specialize in Two Weapon Fighting to use two weapons of the same size. At the end of the Two Weapon Style entry on page 88.

I also noticed I didnt pick the right NWP to start....and I need a longbow...dang...gotta look at my sheet all over again.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Normally I would agree about the Ranger thing, but Artanis is a Multi-class Ranger, not a single-class and so does not have the time to devote to specialization a single-class character would.

I noticed long sword/bows are listed but short are not... since they are so similar, I've made an agreement with Meilikkian to allow you to use them. ;) This way you can use the shortbow if you like and take the shortsword as your offhand weapon (1d6 isn't that far off the 1d8 you'd get for the longsword anyway)

The "lower beard" Nocturno? Nevermind. Yes, Kender have an uncanny knack for avoiding the trouble they cause... it's part of their charm ;)

Ok, I'm going to go ahead and create some private threads since we have some committed members (and you can decide if I mean that normally or if they should be committed... to an institution :lol: ).

Private threads are for that player only to post in. In the first entry I will maintain their character sheet information, and adjust it as the game continues so it should always be current. The remainder of that thread will be for extended or significant times when the character is separate from the party.

Obviously the character can choose to keep these things secret, or tell the rest of the party about them once reunited. If the character doesn't want to talk about it (I.e. a traumatic experience) they don't have to.
Demiplane of Dread: DM. PCs transporting the Crown... while being hunted by a murderer... Act 3, Scene 1
Genwald: DM. PCs Orc hunting before facing the worg-riders again... Act 2, Scene 2
Puzzle Dungeon: DM. Labyrinth of Madness reboot! Approaching the Labyrinth
thefallenson
Peasant
Peasant

Post by thefallenson »

Roger that boss, I went ahead and sold a dog and the Morningstar to afford that longbow. and fixed my nwp slots....now to fluff him up
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Groovy. Also, I noticed your breath weapon and spell saves are reversed. It should be 16 BW and 15 Spell. Don't forget to make a note somewhere that you get a +2 vs fire and lightning as a druid. Your alignment should match the Faiths and Avatars book as well (only NG is listed there as an option).

I see everything 8) j/k. (yes, even the stat re-roll. It was legal b/c 6 die totalled <55)

No worries, lots of this little stuff is easy to miss during the excitement of char creation :D. I do it all the time when making my own pcs.
thefallenson
Peasant
Peasant

Post by thefallenson »

Cool boss! Changes have been made. I thought I had pmed you the reroll...crud sprinkles.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Looks like we have a couple characters almost complete.

When you're ready, go ahead and post a physical description, picture (if you want) and personality in the "Cast of Victims" thread (just basic that someone could observe in a few moments)
Demiplane of Dread: DM. PCs transporting the Crown... while being hunted by a murderer... Act 3, Scene 1
Genwald: DM. PCs Orc hunting before facing the worg-riders again... Act 2, Scene 2
Surgate
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Surgate »

So where do we roll the dice? Here? I'm masochistic so I'm gonna roll 3d6 in order and take whatever I get...unless its absolutely dreadful in all regards. If its alright I'll just roll on the giant forum so I have an idea of what character I'm playing, and then once I figure out rolling on this forum I'll use it here.

Here's the link to the playground thread I'm rolling in: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthre ... st19749386

Woohoo! I'm thinking about playing a human wizard with these stats. And just to be clear I can dump some other stats if I want to bump my Intelligence up a point right? Gotta get that 10% experience bonus :D

Sorbo Sirrom the Unseen Sorcerer
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Check out the General Rules forum here, it will tell you about the character creation details (including roll method, which is custom for this campaign). I can't see the rolls on GiantITP on my phone, but you will probably get better rolls with the custom method than straight 3d6.

Roll dice at InvisibleCastle.com with your username in the player field. Link the rolls to either a post here or into a pm to me so I can see.
Surgate
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Surgate »

Thanks for the quick reply. I like being old school with my rolls, so in order I got Strength:10, Dex: 8, Con:11, Int:15, Wisdom:14, Charisma:10.

I was thinking about bumping con or charisma down a point to bounce my intelligence up to 16. I'll use invisible castle from now on but I'll keep my initial roll. Not worried about optimal stats across the board. I'd recommend Spoonys latest counter monkey on the topic. :D
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

I'll accept them if you're sure, then. Just make sure to look at the char creation section as there are several custom goodies that don't follow the normal PHB guidelines
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Ok two things just convinced me to play the kender. From the Gnomes and Halflings Handbook:

"They are not suicidal, but they do get carried away."
"The Taunt"

I promise I will behave, mostly, but this seems like a lot of fun.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Go for it. I'm actually currently playing a kender "handler"/cleric in someone else's Ravenloft campaign right now... it will be interesting to see the differences/similarities :)

Since you are going Kender, you'll be from somewhere on Krynn. You don't have to get into specifics if you aren't familiar with the Dragonlance setting, etc. You can just talk in broad terms.

Let me know if you go full rogue or split cleric/rogue. Don't forget to drop me a link when you make your rolls.