A place to find the old game thread and completed Adventures, and Characters

Moderator: mltillis

Nuke
Lord
Lord
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Scene of the Crime

Post by Nuke »

"I am sure I can handle it, but as you wish Mi'Lady" Mortimer give a little bow.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Vrunar is somewhat slow to understand. When he does he smiles, "Oh. You think we can't manage ourselves in a bar just because of the scums frequently visiting it?" he says amused. "Were I to avoid any doubtful pub I would get myself dehydrated before too long." His smile broadens. "I'll tell you what. You go talk to the barman while we will wait in a corner table, and look around for any clues. Maybe we will overhear something important."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"When we walk in, you don't know me, you've never met me." Navi answers quickly, "No offense."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Well... this is not far from the truth." Vrunar grins uncharacteristically with mischief.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"Agreed then" Mortimer replies, then turns to Vrunar, "Shall we then?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Waiting on Mel)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Vrunar leads the guys to a corner table and waves the waitress to come take their order.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

As Egewulf, Voytia, and the strange Xiindor searched for High Priest Ag and the hidden antechamber in the Temple of Torm, the remainder of the party went in search of clues to the kidnapped elves. With Arnora leading the way, Navi, Vrunar, and Mortimer eventually find themselves seated within "The Thirsty Throat." Found on the corner of Candle Lane and Slut Street, this ramshackle assembly of wood amazes all by not having fallen down.

It is a quiet tavern with a small collection of tables, benches, and mismatched stools and chairs for its patrons. All the furniture is crowded together and bolted down. Most of the tables have elaborate carvings in their surfaces from the daggers of the patrons; there might even be some messages left within the general scrawls and carvings and useless graffiti. Its only light filters in through filthy windows, a tallow candle chandelier hangs unlit. The back wall is decorated with some tapestries threadbare and stained by smoke and spilled ale. The larger one has a blue field with ared griffon rampant, and the smaller tapestry shows the silhouette of a sailing ship. “Crowded, dark, and smells of stale beer, this place is full of quiet men drinking themselves into slumber with a handful of coppers. In the front left hand side of the room, a small group is playing darts. A monstrously fat, toad like man with forearms as big as the larger hams you’ll saw for sale down the street, stands behind the bar wiping a grimy mug with an equally grimy rag. A rather unnoticeable serving girl walks over to Vrunar and Mortimer's table.

"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Striding up to the bar, Navi wears a tight black leather top/corset, her shoulders are bare covered only by her blonde hair, a reasonable level of cleavage is on display. Her legs are partially covered with a long black leather skirt that is spilt down the middle for ease of movement, the splits only serve to reveal a considerable amount of fair skinned shapely leg.. A single stilletto and the pouch Kata carried hangs from her left side.

Beside her stands an adolescent Half Elf with long red hair and haunted silver eyes, she pulls the heavy jacket tightly around as she stands close to Navi, her hand resting quite firmly on the Rapier that rests by her left side.

With her hand hovering near the hilt of her sword that hangs from the right, Navi approaches the barkeep grining widely. "Hey, can I get a drink" she says with wider grin. Making sure Arnora is nearby she adds, "and one for my friend. See.." She flips a silver piece between her fingers "I'm having a party."

"Wine...?" Arnora starts to say but is cut off with a grin from Navi.

"Ale, two tankards, and whatever you are having." The elf says with a smirk.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Navi and Arnora

The surly barkeep pauses to give Navi and Arnora a long lecherous gaze before replying.
Don't know who you fine lasses are "partying" with this evening, nor do I care. Party room is a gold piece an evening not a silver, no discounts period.
After a short pause he continues.
Now if you ladies wish to work off the difference beforehand, I'm certain we can come to an agreement we all find pleasing.

Vrunar and Mortimer

The serving girl approaches your table.
What will you be having? One copper piece gets you a tankard of ale. Aside from ale, we have hand wheels of cheese for two coppers, cold meat hunks for a copper, and zzar a copper a glass or a silver for the whole bottle.
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Maybe later, we'll see who turns up shall we?" Hoping up onto one of the stools she pats the other for Arnora. stay calm, I won't let anyone hurt you. Navis voice appears in the girls mind.

Crossing her legs she absently retrieves the knife in her right boot revealing the Rose Tattoo, "Now about those drinks...?" She purrs softly, "Two Ales, and perhaps a little information."

Arnora cautiously moves onto the stool, her eyes low she barely makes eye contact with the barman, her body almost shudders at his suggestion.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

The barkeep gives Navi's shapely legs a lingering stare which turns troubled as he spies her tattoo.
Here's your ales. Now what's the particular information that your a looking for, and what's it worth to you?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"There was an attack near here a few nights ago.." She pauses waiting to see his reaction."An unauthorised attack." she adds, leaning into the bar and sipping her drink, "See, the people I represent aren't happy, the watch are on this like a wyvern on heat." She winks, "So I'm thinking, if anything happens outside your tavern, you'd know."

"You'd be rewarded, I'm sure money can be arranged to make it worth your while." Palming two gold pieces between her fingers she squeezes Arnora's leg gently. 'You holding up ok?' she asks the girl.

'I think so.. How do you do this..?' she replies her nerves showing even through the message spell.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

The barkeep spits on the floor.
Now I run a respectful joint here Missy. Whats goes on beyond my doors is none of my concern. And in here... well let's say I don't concern myself too much with what my customers may or may not do elsewhere. You could say that I prefer to keep this establishment neutral ground if you follow.
He holds his hand out for the drink's payment.
Like I said. It's none of my concern what my customers may do elsewhere... or what they may talk about while "partying" here for that matter.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Mortimer answers. "Meat, cheese and a bottle please." as he turns to the server.