Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Tree Lords III

Post by Breila »

Babushka grabs as fast as she can and pulls on whatever feels like rope.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"The desert was not to my liking, far too hot, here.... well I heard the stories, but honestly I didnt believe them all." The mage laughs softly. "Haunted forest, full of nightmares, who would believe that? I fear we took the wrong choice coming here."

"The quicker we get to civilization the better I say."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Civilization can be just as dangerous as this," Imani says as she motions towards the forest in general. "Maybe even more dangerous. You remember civilization in the desert."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Babushka grabs hold of the rope and tugs. The rope goes taut and starts to reel her upward, but the tendrils bite into her skin, refusing to let go. Eventually, whoever--or whatever--is pulling the rope proves stronger and Babushka is torn out of the quicksand and onto the ground, but the spiked tendrils slice into her body, causing massive damage and nearly destroying her armor and clothes in the process.

Babushka can do little but lie on the ground, sucking in as much oxygen as she can. She's in incredible pain and there's so much muck in her eyes, she can't see anything. "Hurry," a feminine voice says nearby. "It will resurface soon."

=============

Babushka suffers (5d6): 16 damage. Her armor is severely damaged.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Help me!" Babushka gasps between gulps of air, struggling to move forward, crawling. She tries to go into the direction of the voice, but isn't really sure which way that is. "Tie your rope around me and pull" she pleads
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Indeed. Danger is everywhere." Jerrard agrees, "There is just something about this forest."
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

(can we hear Babushka's cries now?)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Babushka feels herself being lifted up into someone's arms and carried. She hears something screech behind her, but the sound quickly gets further and further away as her savior carries her off.

A short time later, after Jeremy has returned with enough deer meat to feed the party, a petite elven woman, obscured entirely by a dark green cloak, boldly steps into the party's camp. She is carrying Babushka in her arms, apparently stronger than she looks. The gnome has been all cut up, her armor and clothes in tattered; and she's quite filthy, as if she had been rolling around in the muck. The blood and dirt have stained the elf's clothes.

"Excuse me," she says in Common, "but I believe this woman is with you?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Babuskha!" Locky jumps to her feet and rushes over to her friend, pulling out her holy symbol and calling on Paladine. "Where did you find her? Thank you, thank you so much."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Let me take her, please." Jerrard stands reaching out his arms, "Yes, she is with us, thank you. I am Jerrard Foss."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani stands up upon seeing the stranger boldly walk into their camp. She looks to the gnome in her arms, then back up to the elf. "What happened to her, and who are you?" she asks.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka is hardly aware of her surroundings, but she hears her friend's voices and knows she is safe. Still, the muck is preventing her from opening her eyes, and she winces in pain when touched.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Seeing the state of Babuskha Jerrard uses a Cantrip to uncover her eyes and clean her off as best as he can.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Locky calls on Paladine's aid, healing slightly Babushka's wounds; unfortunately, this does nothing for her armor, which is now ruined.

The elf hands Babushka over to Jerrard, who, cradling the gnome like a babe, starts to clean her up. The stranger then looks at Imani. "It was a wyndlass," she says. "They bury themselves in the ground and grab anything that passes by, pulling them into the muck and suffocating them. It was just luck I happened to wander by; that or some god really favors her." She tosses back her cloak, revealing her features.

She stands at 5'2" with light brown hair reaching no lower than the nape of her neck. She has big brown eyes, slightly tanned skin, a cute upturned nose and slight freckles on her cheeks. Although slight of build, the fact she could easily carry Babushka suggests she's stronger than she appears.
Dara Silvatreth.jpg
Dara Silvatreth.jpg (80.94 KiB) Viewed 4478 times
"As for me," she says, "I am Dara Silvatreth, a kirath of this forest."

===========

Locky casts Cure Light Wounds on Babushka, restoring (1d8): 4 HP.
Jerrard uses a cantrip to remove the muck from Babushka's eyes and clothes.
agamotto
Freeman
Freeman

Post by agamotto »

Dropping the deer, Jeremy exclaims, "Blast! From now on I would suggest we always go in groups of no less than three. If one is in trouble one can help, and the third can go FOR help. Seeing as there is little I can do to help...." Jeremy then proceeds to butcher the meat for cooking, saving the hides horns and other usable parts for later use.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!