Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 14: Beyond the Veil

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 14: Beyond the Veil

Post by JadedDM »

The creature lands on the desk and tucks his wings. "Name's Kaakos and I'm the Wyvern's familiar, toots. Or I was, before he up and left me here with orders to 'watch over' the place. And that's what I've been doing all this time, bored outta my mind and unable to go home because of that damn anchor!"

He hops off the desk and starts to approach, but Brock quickly steps in front of Jocelyn, his axe bared. "Get back, demon!" he warns.

Kaakos takes a step back, but more from offense from Brock's words than the threat of an axe. "Whoa, hey, demon? That's uncalled for, buddy. I ain't no lemon-sucking tanar'ri! You're looking at a full-blooded baatezu here!" he insists, jabbing his thumb at his chest for emphasis.
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

"Demon!" Gallath growls, strapping on his new quiver next to the old one. He places three arrows in the acid quiver and walks into the next room, bow out.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Woah, hold on guys," Jocelyn says quickly. "He is one of those creatures that the Wyvern seemed to be researching. Thaddeus said that the baatezu were from the nine hells." Of course, that didn't really make things sound much better. Anything from a place called the nine hells couldn't be a good thing. "But he seems to want to get out of here, and since he was the Wyvern's familiar, he might be able to help us out with this place."
BishGada
Count
Count

Post by BishGada »

Baeros approaches the Imp carefully his hand stretched out as if it was a pet. "Hello. So... The Wyvern, is he still alive? Would you know if he was not?" After letting the creature answer Baeros quickly adds, "So you are in charge of this mansion? You are familiar with every spot in it?" Baeros builds up the question that most bothers him and ask in urgent voice and wide eyes, "Have you seen a small puppy in here by any chance?? I lost him yesterday and I'm very worried about him. With all these evil Oni and hell hounds lurking in here..."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Actually, I didn't check" Ouragna admits to Thaddeus, blushing. "But every other room seems so steeped in magic that I didn't bother to try. Here, everything was so different that I found it worth checking. Should we go on?" without waiting for his answer, she follows the others.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

His keen elven hearing picking up on the word 'demon,' Gallath places three arrows into the new quiver and marches out into the hall and toward the library, joining Brock and Jocelyn.

"Hey, what did I just say?" Kaakos complains, stomping his foot. "I ain't no demon...but hoo-boy, you are!" he says, pointing at Gallath. "Or you sure do reek of them! Seriously, do you do not smell it? I definitely smell tanar'ri blood on this guy."

Curious as to where Gallath was running off to, Baeros follows him and winds up joining the others in the library. Kaakos ignores his outstretched hand and snorts at his question. "A puppy? Seriously? Eh, well, it can't be up here then. All the doors are locked, so unless your puppy is smart enough to pick locks or use keys, he can't be on the second floor, and I never leave it. I only get around by using magic myself." He shakes his head. "And no, the Wyvern isn't still alive. He can't be, can he? Humans don't live that long. I haven't sensed his presence since he disappeared. That was three and a half centuries ago."

Ouragana and Thaddeus walk into the hall and, hearing the conversation spilling out, go to investigate. Entering the library, they join the others. "That...is an imp!" Thaddeus says, pointing at Kaakos.

"Yeah, yeah, we already covered that part," Kaakos says, making a dismissive gesture. "And geez, how many of you are there? You'd bring a whole army up here or somethin'?"
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

Dahn floows behind the others after a moment, and jumps upon seeing the imp.
"Ah! A demon!" He exclaims, but after taking a better look, begins to grin about the fact that there's finally someone shorter than himself around.
I don't blow minds, I blast brains.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val walks in asnd asks the imp, "Why are you still here ugly one?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, everyone has pretty much insulted you in some way now," Jocelyn says as she rubs at her forehead. "Do you know where your master's vault is?" she asks.
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Gallath lowers his bow. "What did you say? Demon blood? Well, I have killed plenty of demons in my time. But it may be my hair you are thinking of." He shows him the red streak.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Granite wrote:"Ah! A demon!"
"Oh, come on!" Kaakos grumbles. "I just finished explainin' that! I ain't no demon! Geez, do you mortals never read any books? I guess we fiends all look alike to youse!"
Val wrote:"Why are you still here ugly one?"
"I'd explain it to you, but I doubt you'd follow. You look like you hit ever branch down after falling from the stupid and ugly tree. Badaboom!" Kaakos pumps his fist at his zinger. "Yeah, I still got it! Ha! That was a good one."
Jocelyn wrote:"Do you know where your master's vault is?"
"Sure, toots. It's hidden, though. To open it, you need four keys. Plugs that look like chess pieces." He opens the drawer on the desk and pulls one out, handing it to her. It is shaped like a rook piece. "You need all four, though, and that's a problem. One is locked up in the lab. Even I don't go in there anymore. Too dangerous."
Rook Plug.png
Rook Plug.png (18.6 KiB) Viewed 4418 times
Gallath wrote:"What did you say? Demon blood? Well, I have killed plenty of demons in my time. But it may be my hair you are thinking of."
Kaakos sniffs the air. "I guess that would explain it." He shrugs. "In any case, the vault is where the anchor is. If youse folks can get in and destroy it, I can finally go home. Unless one of youse wants a new familiar, that is."
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

"Well, I have been tossing the idea," Dahn admits. "But as funny as you may be, I don't think we'd be morally compatible, you know, you being a fiend and all."
I don't blow minds, I blast brains.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val responds with a slight nod of her head, playing along. "Nice one. Why don't you go into the lab any more? Is there something we should know?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Where is his lab?" Jocelyn asks as she takes the chess piece.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

(OOC: How much does Ouragana know about demons, imps etc.? Where can I read it up?)

"Locks shaped like card symbols, chess pieces as keys for other locks... the wyvern seems to nave been into games" Ouragana muses. "How many peices do we have now, in all?"
There's more to me than meets the eye...