Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 1, Scene 4: "To Skald" (Game Thread)

Library of closed threads.

Moderator: TristenC

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 1, Scene 4: "To Skald" (Game Thread)

Post by Jenara »

"Bard?? Oh... yes thats me." Mira grins, "Sweet please, and some fish strips please?" Nodding as she responds on Akriel, "Thank you, I met her at a show, she suggested we drop by if we were ever here. But I can see all the Barmaids are lovely."

"Agreed." She replies to Elsa in common. "White Wine... They actually have White." She adds with a long sigh. "Is it bad that I am known, or good?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
kerap
Merchant
Merchant

Post by kerap »

Artanis moves sort of quickly to the pole and will attempt to set the hook and land the fish. "It appears we have hooked a fish, Cross. Would you like to try your hand at landing it?" The ranger grins from ear to ear.
Current Games & Characters:
Demiplane of Dread: Artanis Auir
Rashtan:Glinel Rinelendrieth, Frankie Waldon
The Fall: Bruno Dodd, The Iron Sheik, Denise Dodd, Ald, Dannii Dodd
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Oh uh. Sure!"

Cross jumps to.
kerap
Merchant
Merchant

Post by kerap »

Artanis carefully hands the pole to Cross - keeping hold of it until he is certain that he has a firm grip on it before the ranger lets go. "Let it fight for a bit, so it will tire itself out. Then bring it in."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Lower Skald, the Wharf: Artanis and Cross
Kerap expertly sets the hook and carefully passes the rod to the dagger mage. Gently coaching the elf, the ranger helps him bring the fish closer to the pier. Soon it becomes apparent they have hooked a middling sized Crappie, perhaps two pounds overall.

Lower Skald, The Park: Jerry and Merrick
Merrick gives her a sidelong glance as she explains. But... well... isn't just casting mind-reading spells on random people kind of... umm... I mean, I know there have been a couple of... creatures... you know. But does that really mean you should be reading a stranger's mind just because you think they're acting arrogant? He looks away for a moment and adds quietly, You uh... you haven't read my mind have you?

Upper Skald, The Old Kartakan Inn: Adrastia, Elsa, Mira and Pyros
The girl nods as she takes their orders, and gushes at the compliment. You're too sweet! thank you! she says, squeezing the bard's hand before she steps away to fill their orders. Yeah, I guess I didn't even think about that. They must have a really well-stocked kitchen... the halfing grins. I mean the menu and everything too, it's really... Elsa cuts off abruptly and chatter in the dining rooms quiet somewhat as a voice rings out from the kitchen. The group doesn't recognize the words, but the voice is clear and strong; rolling out in a rich baritone. The song is unfamiliar to the group, but some of the locals nod along to the tune. Conversation continues quietly as the song goes on.

A few moments later Sabrina returns with their drinks. It should only be a few minutes on the food. Is there anything else I can help with?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"The menu is really good. For a Girl brought up with nothing its...a little overwhelming." She admits quietly in Common. "Thank you Sabrina." Sipping the wine her ears perking up at the song. "He's very good, I wonder, what language is that?" She asks placing her hand on the Barmaids arm. "I'm actually playing at the Wheel tonight, if you are free you should drop by."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros takes a gulp of whatever drink was brought to him.

"Anyone for a game of cards or dice?"
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Dear, I don't care what other people think. It's what they're going to do because of what they are. More specifically, I'm thinking of it as a tool to help me understand this place," replies Jerry. "Why? Do you have dark secrets? We all do, dear. I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours. Now, where shall me go first?"
kerap
Merchant
Merchant

Post by kerap »

Artanis looks around to see if there are other fishermen who may want or appreciate having a freshly caught fish given to them. If not, he and Cross will bring the fish in, remove the hook and release it back into the water. Seeing that they have no place to take the fish and cook it.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Cross will closely examine the scales, mouth, eyes, and gills before letting the fish go again.

"All the different types of beings to make the world work. So very interesting!"
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Upper Skald, The Old Kartakan Inn: Adrastia, Elsa, Mira and Pyros
Adrastia nods in agreement to the bard’s comment. Indeed. Why do they need so many options? As long as you have enough to eat, the rest is secondary. Elsa looks between the two in utter amazement. What?! She blurts out, a little too loudly. Coloring slightly she continues in a quiet voice. Are you crazy? she asks Adrastia. This is fantastic! Look at what they’re doing with the flavors! Even the sandwiches are carefully balanced so it’s not too sharp or too fatty. They’re balancing the meal perfectly with the sides and the… umm… She flushes even further. Sorry… uh… I just really like to cook. But I don’t think you tall-folk always appreciate just how much work and planning goes into a really good meal… she murmurs, winding down as Sabrina returns and quickly taking a pull of her drink and passing Pyros his ale. [yep. Ale. She didn’t know who it was for]

The warrior gives the halfling a somewhat amused look as she winds down. Sabrina looks back to the kitchen and smiles. He has a really great voice, doesn’t he?! He sings most days, just like anyone else. The old ones like this are my favorites. It reminds me of my parents singing to me when I was little. She turns back to the bard, The language? That’s Old Kartakan. Oh, but you aren’t from here. The broken wheel huh? I think I know it… she seems thoughtful for a moment. Ok, yeah. That might be fun! She smiles at the group. Well, if there’s anything else you need, I’ll be right in this area so just wave! she finishes, moving off to serve the individual guests at the longer table nearby.

Lower Skald, the Wharf: Artanis and Cross
ARtanis glances about, but the only other fishermen are farther westward near the opposite end of the Wharf. The elf examines the fish closely as the ranger unhooks him. Eventually he releases the fish back into the river; relatively unharmed.

Lower Skald, The Park: Jerry and Merrick
But do you really think checking people at random will reveal anything? I mean, even if there were dozens of those things roaming the city the chances of finding one with that kind of a… tool would be very slim… Merrick balks a little at her question, D.. dark secrets? Me? he laughs nervously. Not really… I mean.. like you say, everyone has something… but… He latches on to the change of subject. Well, I’m not exactly sure where The Stone is, except that it’s on the main road… um… maybe the Wooden Mug? We shouldn’t get too far from the others and it’s closer…

He begins to lead her back towards the named establishment, which stands next to the papermaker. As the approach he looks towards the river. Hm… I don’t see them…
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"mmhmm Gotta love a good ale!" Pyros will start to fidget with the salt and pepper shakers... if such things on the table exist.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

She let's it drop.
"What do you mean? What were you looking for? The fishing pair?" Jerry asks.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Elsa you must understand my world.. its gripped by war, only the Rich have anything places like Hazel where I was born you fight to survive for scraps... Dragons fill the skies." She explains in Common. "Having choice like this... Its wonderful, but unheard of." Squeezing her hand she giggles. "I'm always open to suggestions, I've just never had the chance."

"No, I'm not from Karthas, I wish I was so I could understand the song. I woud love to see you there, bring some friends if you can. I guess people know of me, I mean you knew me because of my hair. And the Young Boy with hair like in Harmonia is very nice." Grinning she releases Elsa's hand and takes a sip of the wine savouring the flavour, "Thats good. Thank you Sabrina."

"Something is up here isnt it?" She speaks in a low voice, using elven. "I want to find what this thing is, and who these people are before we help them." She states quite firmly sipping her wine.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros will take out his dice and start to play against himself.