Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 1, Scene 4: "To Skald" (Game Thread)

Library of closed threads.

Moderator: TristenC

Nocturno
King
King
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 1, Scene 4: "To Skald" (Game Thread)

Post by Nocturno »

"Yes I've had my share of adventure and loss already, to most folk I look like a child, but; That typically becomes my advantage." He will have a devilish smile when ending his sentence.

"I'm glad we could help, I don't like mean things, and these things seem to be mean spirits."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Jerry and Merrick leave the elves and gnome to their studies as Elsa finishes up in thr kitchrn. The trio step outside where the half-elf mages spot Ontash in the corral, speaking with the Kender.

We are lucky you and your friends came along when you did, the farmer says to Pyros in Elven as Merrick and Jerry walk up. He nods to the new arrivals, Sorry for being absent at breakfst. I just couldn't sit still this morning... i don't know how you folk managed to drive that thing off without any damage to the farm, bit i'm certainly greatful.

Elsa makes her way over to Mira, looking towards the ranger. So, did we find anything? Can we track it?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"You will have to ask the Great Tracker." Mira responds, sliding the silver bolt in its quiver, "Have you noticed that it wasn't until they realised we weren't going to stand aside that they attacked? That thing could have killed me, and yet." She rubs the wound. "It barely scratched me."

"Oh I think I have a way to stop it casting spells on us, I should be able to counter the spell with a song of my own. Merrick can help me test the idea." She adds waitin the Rangers Response.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"What a night hey?" looking at Merrick.

If he sees Elsa and Mira he will jump the fence or go under it, or through the middle. And sprint over to them.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"You're welcome, Ontash," replies Jerry. "Thank you, too, for your hospitality. It's a loveley place that you have here."

On hearing her companion's comments,the Mystran speculates,"Perhaps, Mira, the creature is more concerned about generating fear and terror than in actually tearing victims apart. Or else it sensed something different about you."

When Mira and Elsa are talking with the group's ranger, Jerry continues, "Ontash, if it's ok to ask, do you and all of your family have bad dreams? I mean really bad? Mine have become worse, much worse, since I came here from a.. ..a far away place."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"That was my thought too Jerry. I think it was trying to scare people.. I need to talk to Ontash. Hmmm."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
kerap
Merchant
Merchant

Post by kerap »

The Ranger calmly and quietly states: "I have found the trail it left and can track it. Is everyone ready to go after it? The longer we wait, the harder it will be to track."
Current Games & Characters:
Demiplane of Dread: Artanis Auir
Rashtan:Glinel Rinelendrieth, Frankie Waldon
The Fall: Bruno Dodd, The Iron Sheik, Denise Dodd, Ald, Dannii Dodd
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Merrick quirks a smile at the Kender, Indeed. His head turns as the perpetually propelled Pyros rushes to Elsa. The halfling giggles a little and shakes her head at his antics. The bard and Ranger join the group as Jerry questions Ontash.

The farmer regards the half-elven woman, seemingly somewhat confused. Well... o suppose they have been much worse lately... ever since this... creature made its presence known... The night is dangerous here, it is just the way of things... bad dreams... he shrugs, They're not uncommon... He seems unwilling to speak further on the matter.

Elsa responds to the ranger. I can be ready in just a few minutes. Cal, Cross and that elf we met yesterday... Adran, i think he said his name was, are all studying inside.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry says, "Thanks Ontash." And then turns to the others, "I'd like to spend a few minutes looking for the bullet and stone I fired.. But I can be ready in a few minutes otherwise."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I can be ready in a few moments." Mira nods, "I'll grab the others, one thought Ontash. Has the creature ever gotten that close before? I know you said, but its been concerning me." She asks waiting on his reply before grabbing the others.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Close?... no... not since that first night... well, it would come near the windows sometimes, but not the doors... and it certainly never climbed on top of the house!
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Did we find the trail?" Pyros will shout. He will run over to Artanis and see what he can find on the ground around him.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"It only attacked unless you provoked it." Mira muses as she heads into the house, grabs her pack, crossbow and straps on her blades. "We are heading out, the house should be safe until tonight." She comments to the others. "Coming?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

It certainly tried to kill me that first night, and i didn't even know it was there to provoke... Ontash says quietly.

Elsa returns to the farmhouse with the bard and begins donning her chainmail and readying her pack. Adran sits reading a hard-worn travel journal with a green canvas cover. I'm not sure you'll find anything in the daytime, perhaps we should wait to see if it returns tonight? I'm sorry, this jpurnal holds the secret to something i've been searching for the last half-century... i couldn't open it before coming to this land... i have to study it while i have the chance, since I don't know what caused it to open or when it might be 'locked' again... I will stay here in case we are wrong and it returns while you are gone...

Looking for the Gnome, Mira finds him back on the couch fast asleep... Cross rises, ready to go as Elsa finishes gearing up.

Outside Jerry searches the area around the dead wolves for her sling bullets. Not only does she find one, she finds a silver bullet and a pair of sling stones as well!

=====
Jerry fired 3 sling bullets & 1 stone, 1 stone & 1 bullet hit
Jerry searches and finds 2 sling stones (Pyros'), 1 silver bullet, and 1 sling bullet

Pyros fired 5 sling stones, 1 silver bullet, 1 stone hit
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros follows to the house to see if there is any food he can easy pocket for the walk.

"Isn't this exciting?" Pyros says to Elsa.