Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

OOC: The Quest of the Missing Quill

A sandbox Pathfinder adventure set in the far reaches of The Empire, where the province of Trevis clashes with Orcs and Drow.

Moderator: Haahque

Just_Ice
Freeman
Freeman
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: OOC: The Quest of the Missing Quill

Post by Just_Ice »

I blame google translate.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Thanks ^^ It in deed did come from google translate in some way, state or form (I went through a few languages), although I had to personally edit part of it because for some reason what I typed translated into some statement of the internet. I'm still confused about that. Perhaps DuBok translates to internet in Zulu or something else like that I'm unaware of.
Veni Vidi Vici
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Is Zulu a programming language?
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Not that I know of. I assumed it was the language of some African country(ies?).
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Zulu is spoken in southern Africa. However, the Zulu word for 'internet' is just 'internet.' 'Dubok' is not a Zulu word, but it is the Bosnian word for 'deep,' though.

Programming languages cannot be translated into English. They aren't 'languages' in that sense. They're used to program computers, not to communicate. This is what a programming language would look like:

Not exactly something you could run through Google Translate.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

**Smiles** @ Jaded.
TY.
I vaguely remember there was a Michael Caine film called Zulu, Bohr War or something. Don't think I ever actually saw it though.

More accurately, I was asking if Zulu was an acronym for a programming language, like Basic, Pascal, Cobol, Fortran etc..
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

No. But it is the call sign for the letter 'Z' in the NATO phonetic alphabet. Maybe that's what you are thinking of?

The movie you're thinking of was just called 'Zulu' and was about the Battle of Rorke's Drift in 1879.

Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

As an extra translator note, Hihim would recognize that an orc at his level of language skills, it’s very possible that he used the wrong word for many of his locations. “North Tower” could easily be “North Fort” or “North Castle”, or it could simply just be a tower that happens to be to the north of here. Similarly, this “Door of the mountain” could mean any variety of things, and is probably not a door leading into a cave.
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

It's been over three months since the last post in this game. Should I just go ahead and put it with Inactive Games, Haahque?
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Yeah, I've been going back and forth over if I want to continue this. It appears to have gone the route of someone takes too long to post so other people start checking it less often, causing someone else to take too long to post causing other people to check less often in a downwards spiral.

I still have lots of plans for this campaing I would love to explore; starting with Jasmine's duel with the orc advisor to prove the worth of the group to this orc town; allowing them to send the party on a more dangerous/faster mission to get permission to go north. For this I was planning on using Pathfinder's optional dueling rules: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/o ... les/duels/, which sounded pretty cool. The board game was going to make at least one return, possibly more and possibly ending up being an interesting side-plot. Some characters were planned to run into (or already ran into) a nemesis as a reoccurring villain, who has interesting interactions against that character in combat, as well as reasons that their nemasis had to fight them in combat instead of others. I was enjoying the interaction of the rest of the party against specific players nemesisses a lot too. There's also the trail of the quill, which was designed to be a complete plot in itself, which draws players into uncovering additional minor and major plots around the map. I had (and have) a lot of cool plans for this campaign.

But, with the lower player-posting and my own struggle to keep a regular posting schedule in this game, I think it might be best to put it as inactive right now. Perhaps when I'm feeling up to it and have sufficient player interest and commitment, I can resume the game. Until then, other games (including war of the lance) are taking up a significant amount of time for me, and I think this is a game which I should put on hold.
Veni Vidi Vici