Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 1, Scene 4: "To Skald" (Game Thread)

Library of closed threads.

Moderator: TristenC

kerap
Merchant
Merchant
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 1, Scene 4: "To Skald" (Game Thread)

Post by kerap »

Artanis also grabs some breakfast, including stealing a piece of bacon from Pyros plate - not caring if he got "caught" or not. He wants to thank Maria for breakfast, but as he doesn't speak the language, he just gives her a broad smile and a thumbs up.

"You know Pyros, I think we should get you one of those wolf pelts. Much warmer than those blankets and we can really bundle you up in it. Nice slinging last night Jerry. That creature hit me with a spell - I felt like I was wading in a stream of that molasses." He gives her a toast of his glass of water.
Current Games & Characters:
Demiplane of Dread: Artanis Auir
Rashtan:Glinel Rinelendrieth, Frankie Waldon
The Fall: Bruno Dodd, The Iron Sheik, Denise Dodd, Ald, Dannii Dodd
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Despite herself Jerry seams back at Artanis and mouths a 'Thank you,' then patting Merrick on the leg to make sure he doesn't think she's about to run off with anyone else. She returns Artanis's gesture with her glass. First time she'd felt really useful.

======
If Jerry can't speak the same language as Maria, she will see if Merrick would translate for her.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Maria takes it all seemingly in stride, smiling back at the others. Ontash? Oh, he's just out tending the horses and making sure there was no damage to the barn last night... he needed something to do for days aside drom sit around and fret. Now that his leg is better, she smiles warmly at the group, Well a chain couldn't hold him back. she beams at the compliments, mostly translated by Merrick. You kind people are giving us our lives back in a way... there... there's no way I could thank you enough. She tears up again.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry moves out from the table and across to Maria to gently hold her arm and then hug her with a pat on the back.
She'll try to help a bit with the washing up, more of a gesture really, and then retreat to where she'd slept to regain spells.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"We have to find a way to protect ourselves from his magic." Mira suggests as she listens to Artanis, "Maria, I'm glad to hear he is ok, we should clear up, there are.." she doesnt finish the sentence instead she nods. "You being safe is enough." She collects a pile of food and eats quietly.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

At the rate Pyros consumed his mass quantities it is a marvel Artanis didn't lose a finger.

At the suggestion of keeping them safe from the spells.

"Maybe since he sings his spells, if we can't hear him we could not be affected?"

"The horses?!" Pyros barges out of the house to see what is going on in the barn.

[OoC: Are we assuming Mira/Merrick is translating?]
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I wonder. It might work..." Mira starts to say before Pyros vanishes. "That Kender." Shaking her head she checks her weapons before moving to the doorway. "We should check on those wolves." The suggestion is aimed at Artanis.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
kerap
Merchant
Merchant

Post by kerap »

Finishing his food, and thanking Maria for breakfast, the ranger takes the not so subtle hint from Mira, and is off to check on the wolves and to see if the singing wolf left a trail that can be followed. He will also make sure he fills his waterskin with fresh water. And while looking at the tracks and the wolves he'll keep an eye open for any of his errant arrows. He gathers all of his gear before leaving the house.
Current Games & Characters:
Demiplane of Dread: Artanis Auir
Rashtan:Glinel Rinelendrieth, Frankie Waldon
The Fall: Bruno Dodd, The Iron Sheik, Denise Dodd, Ald, Dannii Dodd
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Mira follows the Ranger, her eyes scanning for silver bolts (if any survived).

"Do you have something you need to say?" She asks as they walk, going silent when he checks the trail. "I've had one suicidal man in my life, we don't need another. You didnt let up, even when he cast that spell you kept going. I thought he was going to kill you. Don't think I am worried because I like you, I respect you, even if you dont respect me. But this lot." she motions to the House. "They need direction, I guess thats why I try to do everything, even when I can't..." She blushes. "Sorry.. I talk to much."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Yeah, we can assume Merrick is translating the gist ]

Pyros gobbles down his food and is off like a shot. Rushing outside to the barn he finds Ontash in the corral with the horses, brushing out the winter coat on a roan gelding and speaking quietly to it. He spots Pyros and smiles. Good morning! he calls in Elven. The farmer seems in much better spirits today, though there is still a sad cast to his eyes.

Jerry helps a little with the cleanup, comforting Maria before she goes to her studies. Mira and Artanis finish their food and head outside as Elsa helps clean up You two go ahead, i'll take care of this.

Outside: Artanis and Mira
The ranger and the bard move outside, continuing their discussion. The bodies of the two entangled wolves remain, unchanged from the night before. They take a moment to look around the previously entangled area and find several of their arrows, including the silver-tipped bolt.

The ranger begins to search around where he last saw the creature near the barn. He soon finds the massive tracks and sees several signs where they lead off to the East and North...

=====
Artanis Tracking (15)
Art Tracking check [1d20] = 14. Pass!
Artanis identifies the trail leading away from the farm.

Fired missile ammo:
ammo that hits is expended. Ammo that misses has a chance to be found based on terrain:

Artanis fired 8 shortbow arrows (1 hit)
Artanis finds: 4 arrows.
Looking back, he actually rolled several high numbers against the wolf-man with hid swords; the creature's AC stacked with the lethargy just made them miss. Actually 2 would have hit if he had not succumbed to the song. Still, he was responsible for trapping the two wolves that were killed :)

Mira fired 1 silver bolt
Mira finds her silver bolt.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Unless summoned to help go and deal with a werewolf, after regaining her spell, Jerry tries to find out, through Merrick, whether the family, in whole or part, has the nightmares.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Good morning! May I help brush? if no brush is available he will just pat the horse.

"What a night! Magic, creatures, wolves! So exciting. I'm glad I came along." after that he will lose interest in brushing and go check out the tools and other such things in the barn.
Last edited by Nocturno on Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Collecting her bolt Mira stays back, not disturbing the Ranger.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Merrick looks to the family and back to Jerry. Maria and the children don't speak elven... i wouldn't want to upset the young ones with talk of nightmares... perhaps we could ask Ontash instead?

The Corral: Pyros
Ontash smiles and nods to the kender. Handing him a brush, the farmer turns over an empty bucket for a stepping stool and holds the horse near the neck to steady it. Even so, his short stature doesn't quite allow him to reach the withers; but he can manage the shoulder. Ontash smiles and the horse dips his head down to sniff at the Kender's head, sending his hair into disarray with a snort.

The farmer's expression falls slightly at the following conversation. You are a very brave young man... he says quietly. You remind me a lot of Joshua... Mira says you're an adult, but it is difficult for me to see that... We are so greatful for all of your help... please... be careful, son. This... this creature isn't to be trifled with carelessly... nothing in this land is...

After brushing Pyros moves off to see the tools. There is plenty of gear and straps for hitching horses to ploughs, a pack saddle, and various farming and harvesting implements.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Sure, good idea, Merrick. Let's try that," Jerry replies and gets ready to go find him.
Last edited by Chris1234 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.